Author Topic: Trump: ‘Only Global Warming I'm Worried about Is Nuclear Global Warming’  (Read 706 times)

rangerrebew

Trump: ‘Only Global Warming I'm Worried about Is Nuclear Global Warming’

(CNSNews.com) – GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump told CNN’s Anderson Cooper that the only global warming he is worried about is “nuclear global warming because that's the single biggest threat.”

“I don't want more nuclear weapons,” Trump said at CNN’s town hall in Milwaukee, Wisc. on Tuesday.  “I think that -- you know, when I hear Obama get up and say the biggest threat to the world today is global warming, I say, is this guy kidding?”

“The only global warming, the only global warming I'm worried about is nuclear global warming because that's the single biggest threat,” he said.

“Anderson, when you see all of the money that our country is spending on military, we're not spending it for ourselves; we're protecting all of these nations all over the world.” Trump added in defense of his stance of being open to supporting Japan and South Korea developing nuclear weapons. “We can't afford to do it anymore.”

“But isn't there benefit for the United States in having a secure Europe?” Cooper asked. “Isn't there benefit for the United States in having a secure Asia?”

“There's a benefit,” Trump replied, “but not big enough to bankrupt and destroy the United States, because that's what's happening. We can't afford it. It's very simple.”

“Now, I would rather see Japan having some form of defense, and maybe even offense, against North Korea because we're not pulling the trigger,” Trump said. “The bottom line on North Korea is China, if they wanted to. They're a tremendous supplier of North Korea. They have tremendous power over North Korea. If they wanted to, if they weren't toying with us, Anderson, China would be the one that would get in and could make a deal in one day.”

Trump voiced similar opinions on nuclear weapons and climate change in an interview with the Washington Post editorial board last week.

“I think our biggest form of climate change we should worry about is nuclear weapons,” Trump told The Post. [1] “The biggest risk to the world, to me – I know President Obama thought it was climate change – to me the biggest risk is nuclear weapons.”

“That’s – that is climate change,” said Trump. “That is a disaster, and we don’t even know where the nuclear weapons are right now. We don’t know who has them. We don’t know who’s trying to get them,” he emphasized. “The biggest risk for this world and this country is nuclear weapons, the power of nuclear weapons.”

President Obama referred to climate change as a “major problem” [2] in remarks during his trip to Argentina last week.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/lauretta-brown/trump-only-global-warming-im-worried-about-nuclear-global-warming

HonestJohn

JFC...

Trump says:

---

And his followers don't even know what's wrong with the above. 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 12:05:41 am by HonestJohn »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This is the same guy who not a week ago called for more countries to join the nuclear club and threw around comments about nuking Europe and China?

Offline NavyCanDo

This is the same guy who not a week ago called for more countries to join the nuclear club and threw around comments about nuking Europe and China?

That was my first thought when he said it.   I have heard far more articulate conservatives answer the Global Warming question with smart hard to argue with answers, and doing so with authority and knowledge. Often naming scientist and scholars  who do not agree with man-made global warming, and who will say throwing Trillions of dollars at it will not stop what is a natural cycle of the Earth. 

Trumps answer was juvenile, to say the least.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GourmetDan

... throwing Trillions of dollars at it will not stop what is a natural cycle of the Earth. 

Funny how the globull-warmists are just modern-day King Canutes... sad that so many believe them...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline sinkspur

This man is so clueless.  Another question he just thought about on Tuesday night and gave a totally incoherent answer.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

JFC...

Trump says he doesn't want more nuclear weapons...

... advocates for a nuclear Japan and South Korea.

---

Trump 'worries' about nuclear global warming...

... doesn't realize nuclear explosions would cause a nuclear winter.

---

And his followers don't even know what's wrong with the above.

It sure as hell wouldn't be nuclear winter at ground zero. Ground zeros are what need to be prevented.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I'm purposely posting my reply after reading only the headline and before reading any other forum comments: