Author Topic: Callers Rebel Against Rush Limbaugh Over Trump: ‘You’re Insulting My Intelligence’  (Read 1320 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/31/callers-rebel-against-rush-limbaugh-over-trump-youre-insulting-my-intelligence/

Callers Rebel Against Rush Limbaugh Over Trump: ‘You’re Insulting My Intelligence’

Mar. 31, 2016 10:02pm   Oliver Darcy

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh was confronted Thursday by multiple callers upset over his coverage of Republican front-runner Donald Trump.

According to the individuals who phoned into his program, Limbaugh has not given Trump an adequate amount of scrutiny and instead gone out of his way to defend him.

The calls came as the talk show host provided a defense for Trump’s Wednesday gaffe on abortion in which the brash billionaire endorsed a legal punishment for women who would have an abortion if the procedure were theoretically outlawed.

“I believe that most of the time you stimulate my intelligence, but today I feel like you’re insulting my intelligence — and that of many other people,” a caller identified as Gene from Philadelphia told the host.

Another caller, identified as Ron in Indiana, told Limbaugh that his “opinion accuracy may have gone down a little” because his defense of Trump’s abortion remark was “off a little bit at a fundamental level.”

“A true pro-lifer would instinctively not go after the would-be mother. It’s an instinct,” the caller told Limbaugh. “It’s part of how you think.”

Limbaugh seemed to have enough by the time the third caller phoned in.

“Hey, Rush. I’ve been listening to you for a long time, and you’ve always said you would just be objective, not endorse candidates, not take sides,” Mike in South Carolina said. But, Rush, come on, being objective here, I look to you as a source of common sense, and it just seems to me you’re just making — Rush, you practically spent the last hour and a half just trying to explain this thing and slice it and dice it 87 ways to Sunday.”

“Wait a second,” Limbaugh interjected.

The caller continued, “It’s just recently it’s almost like you’re going so far out of your way and almost doing back flips and cartwheels to defend Trump. It’s just a turn-off at this point.”

Limbaugh asked the caller why Trump was “not losing any supporters” from his gaffes.

“Throughout this entire campaign everybody has tried every which way they know to separate Trump from his supporters. Nothing has worked,” the radio host said. “Yet I have people calling here and e-mailing me telling me, ‘Rush, you have got to tell people what a fraud Trump is. You’ve got to. It’s too important. You’ve got to tell ‘em they’re screwing up. You’ve got to tell ‘em they’ve gotta abandon Trump.’”

“Everybody and their uncle has tried that, and all that happens is those people glue themselves tighter to Trump no matter what flaw, no matter what ignorant remark, no matter what apparent sign of incompetence, inexperience, no matter what you mention, his support base either grows or stays the same,” he added. “Does that not fascinate you? Does that not make you curious? I mean, I know it ticks you off. I know it makes you mad.”

Limbaugh asked the caller how he would “tell people that they are making a grave error.”

“How would you tell people that they are putting the country in their hands and they’re about to destroy the whole thing because they’re supporting a know-nothing?” he asked.

Mike told Limbaugh that he felt Trump’s supporters “are kind of like Obama’s” and that “people are starting to wake up.” He said he called “worked up” because the host was defending Trump “from so many different angles.”

Limbaugh contended that because Trump “might end up being the nominee” he would not destroy him.

“It’s all got to be about beating Hillary Clinton. Whoever the nominee is. You don’t have any control over it. I don’t have any control over it, nobody else does,” he said. “Yet we all try to do what we can to bend and shape things to end up the way we want them.”

Thursday’s show is not the first time that listeners have called in to confront Limbaugh on Trump.

Earlier this month, a caller who self-identified as Terry repeatedly asked the conservative personality why he was not “warning” his audience about what she considered to be the dangers of the Trump presidency.

“Because I’m not voting for Hillary,” Limbaugh replied at the time. ‘If Trump’s the nominee I’m voting for him.”

Limbaugh argued the Democratic Party is “the most destructive force in this country today” and that he would not vote for Clinton “no matter what.”
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 02:55:49 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

“Because I’m not voting for Hillary,” Limbaugh replied at the time. ‘If Trump’s the nominee I’m voting for him.”

As will most people with an iota of common sense or intelligence.

Offline sinkspur

Rush has lost his credibility.  He's appealing to Trump voters, rather than telling the truth about Trump.

I no longer listen to him. Ever.

Offline Frank Cannon

I was stunned at how far Rush went to defend Trump on the disastrous Matthews interview. Trying to paint the picture that Trump just never really ran across Pro Lifers in his life because he lives in NYC. What a total load of s***. Under that logic he should also defend Kasich's stupidity because he spent a lot of time in DC.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:48:05 am by Mod1 »

Offline Frank Cannon

As will most people with an iota of common sense or intelligence.

No. Most people won't. We have reams and reams of information supporting that and abysmal election results from Trumps Primary contests as well.

Online Right_in_Virginia

I'm looking forward to an article in The Blaze detailing how audience members are upset with Rush for supporting Cruz.  Oh ... wait .... :whistle:

Offline sinkspur

I was stunned at how far Rush went to defend Trump on the disastrous Matthews interview. Trying to paint the picture that Trump just never really ran across Pro Lifers in his life because he lives in NYC. What a total load of shit. Under that logic he should also defend Kasich's stupidity because he spent a lot of time in DC.

I read a tweet that said Rush defended Trump, said he was "just pandering" and that made it OK.

Rush, Hannity, Ingraham.  Sucked in by Trump.

A-Lert

Rush has lost his credibility.  He's appealing to Trump voters, rather than telling the truth about Trump.

Do you believe he notices?  :silly:

A-Lert

No. Most people won't. We have reams and reams of information supporting that and abysmal election results from Trumps Primary contests as well.

Then there must be an inordinate number of voters  without common sense or intelligence .

Offline sinkspur

Then there must be an inordinate number of voters  without common sense or intelligence .

Bingo!!

Wingnut

I wonder if Rush is afraid to call Trump out as the moron he is for fear the Zombie Trump Army will come after him.

A-Lert

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 03:41:07 am by A-Lert »

Online Right_in_Virginia

I wonder if Rush is afraid to call Trump out as the moron he is for fear the Zombie Trump Army will come after him.

LOL!  That must be it!! 

Bikers for Trump arrive in Wisconsin:    ^-^

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL!  That must be it!! 

Bikers for Trump arrive in Wisconsin:    ^-^

LOL. Yeah. Nothing convinces voters to support a candidate like a biker gang from out of state.

A-Lert

LOL. Yeah. Nothing convinces voters to support a candidate like a biker gang from out of state.

Not all bike riders are gang members. You anti-Trumps get more irrational each day.

POWERTRAIN OPERATIONS
MENOMONEE FALLS, WISCONSIN

See Harley-Davidson Motor Company's 849,000 square-foot facility known for being the home of the "Big Twin".

Offline Frank Cannon

Not all bike riders are gang members. You anti-Trumps get more irrational each day.

Oh yea? Good luck with that. Most winning candidates actually like to show up to the state in person and get votes. Not sit their wrinkled old a** in IL and call the popular sitting GOP Gov and GOP congress in WI garbage.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:48:39 am by Mod1 »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Yep when he is on my talk radio station I turn him off.  I think that he must be taking too many pain killers to see the truth.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

Oh yea? Good luck with that. Most winning candidates actually like to show up to the state in person and get votes. Not sit their wrinkled old a** in IL and call the popular sitting GOP Gov and GOP congress in WI garbage.

:wtf!: Apparently you've been checking out the anatomy!

Trump is being drastically outspent on the airwaves there. His campaign has a $427,000 ad buy, compared to the $3.8 million that Cruz, John Kasich and GOP groups backing them are spending in Wisconsin, advertising tracker Kantar Media's CMAG shows.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:48:57 am by Mod1 »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Rush was the guy who got me interested in politics.  He was the guy who made me join and work for the GOP.  Sad to see how far he has fallen.

A-Lert

The GOP has fallen much more than Rush.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm one who thinks Trump is neither Jesus or the Devil, but lately every time he opens his mouth he's shooting himself in the foot. And the arm, the leg, the hand, and the face.

The level of tactical blunder and stupidity of his campaign at the moment is mind boggling.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:55:57 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

The GOP has fallen much more than Rush.
With Trump at the top of the ticket, that is no doubt true, but so what?  You argue irrelevancies A-Lert.  I bet I could say Lisa is the ugliest waitress at Denny's and you would say "No, Jodi is the ugliest."

This isn't a contest to see how fast you can rack up 10,000 posts.  I have lots of rambling and useless dialogue running though my mind when I read stuff, but I try to be discriminating in my comments out of respect for others who have to read them. If my commentary is not amusing, or it doesn't have a point, I usually don't post it.

You should try it. 

A-Lert

With Trump at the top of the ticket, that is no doubt true, but so what?  You argue irrelevancies A-Lert.  I bet I could say Lisa is the ugliest waitress at Denny's and you would say "No, Jodi is the ugliest."

This isn't a contest to see how fast you can rack up 10,000 posts.  I have lots of rambling and useless dialogue running though my mind when I read stuff, but I try to be discriminating in my comments out of respect for others who have to read them. If my commentary is not amusing, or it doesn't have a point, I usually don't post it.

You should try it.

Irrelevances? Trump hasn't done anything to cause the ineptness of the GOP. You can say whatever you want about waitresses and that is irrelevant here.

Is there a rule on the number of posts one is limited to here? I usually reply to posts in kind, though I've noticed that I'm more civil than many.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Limpballs is a shyster drug addict junkie selling his listeners lies since the early 90's. I remember after his idiotic commentary about how the Romney polls were all skewed, he admitted that he "talked himself into a lie" on air. The Limpballs echo chamber is a major reason we're now stuck with the Rump, a man who claims to be against the establishment yet golfs constantly with "establishment people" as well as people like Trump. An "anti-establishment" guy who constantly golfs with the establishment.

Now he's lying to "the base" that Rump is viable  against Hillary. Why? My guess is combination of him not wanting his ratings to collapse, protecting his ridiculous ill-gotten "anti-establishment" image, friendship with Rump, and also a drug influenced delusional belief in his own bullshit.

Limpballs has been on the air, nationally, since the early 90's. Since then the GOP has won the popular vote *ONCE*. Now ask yourself why so many lower court judges seem to be Democrat, it's because we cannot win the Presidency. So how has this guy helped "conservatism" then? We've only won once in 20 years!

His logic in supporting the one Rump is as convoluted and incoherent as the doctor's signature on his scripts for the numerous opiods he consumes.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 06:32:28 am by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Is there a rule on the number of posts one is limited to here?
Not a rule...a suggestion on how you might improve your posting, and the quality of this forum.

I usually reply to posts in kind, though I've noticed that I'm more civil than many.
It is interesting to me that you perceive your posts as more civil than many.   I would politely disagree.