Author Topic: Essay: "4 Indicators Trump Thinks His Voters are Morons"  (Read 427 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Essay: "4 Indicators Trump Thinks His Voters are Morons"
« on: March 31, 2016, 05:10:38 pm »
By Ben Shapiro
http://www.dailywire.com/news/4551/4-indicators-trump-thinks-his-voters-are-morons-ben-shapiro

Donald Trump’s supporters back him because he believes in them. He says he’ll fight for them.

In fact, he loves them.

He says so. He shouts his love into the nearest microphone at every available opportunity.

Then there’s what he actually thinks of his supporters: they’re rubes. Here are the four indicators
Trump thinks you’re an imbecile if you back him:

He Thinks You’re Losers. Yesterday, Donald Trump said that he likes to surround himself with losers
to make himself look better. “You’ll find when you become very successful, the people you will like
best are the people that are less successful than you, because when you go to a table, you can
tell them all these wonderful stories and they’ll sit back and listen. Always be around unsuccessful
people because everybody will respect you.” Are you listening, Trump fans?

He Thinks You’re Stupid. Back after winning the Nevada caucuses, Trump rejoiced, “We won with
poorly educated. I love the poorly educated!” There’s a reason for that: Trump thinks he can
manipulate you with his verbal gymnastics. Here’s what he told The New York Times editorial board
about keeping his supporters enthusiastic: “If it gets a little boring, if I see people starting to sort
of, maybe thinking about leaving, I can sort of tell the audience, I just say, ‘We will build the wall!’
and they go nuts.”

He Thinks You Don’t Care About His Positions. Trump sings a constant refrain: he is never changing
and constant as the northern star. Except that he changes his positions all the time. And he admits
it to you. He said in open debate that even his positions on immigration – the position Trump
supporters love most – are flexible: “I’ve never seen a successful person who wasn’t flexible and
who didn’t have a certain degree of flexibility.” He apparently told The New York Times off-the-
record that his immigration position was merely an opener for negotiations – and then when asked
to release the tape, he said he didn’t want to undercut the press. That’s an argument that would
only make sense to fools.

He Thinks You’re Stuck With Him. Forever. When Trump said in January that he “could stand in the
middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters,” he wasn’t really joking. He
obviously believes this, and it’s true to a certain extent – his campaign manager can grab, yank,
and bruise a female reporter, deny that it ever happened, be caught on tape, and Trump can then
accuse the reporter of trying to kill him with a pen-bomb, and his supporters go right along.

Perhaps Trump supporters are losers or stupid or simply don’t care about his positions. Or perhaps
they ignore all of this because they think Trump can win – a position not supported by evidence.
Whatever the reason, the fact is this: Trump thinks he’s got you and can do anything he wants. So
far, a solid segment of you are proving him right.

======================================
The sad part is that a lot of intelligent people are seduced just as easily by Donaldus Minimus as they
are by the likes of Hilarious Rodent Clinton, as they were by His Excellency Al-Hashish Field
Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been-Life President of
the Republic Formerly Known as the United States, by numerous political animals prior to them.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 05:11:49 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline musiclady

Re: Essay: "4 Indicators Trump Thinks His Voters are Morons"
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 05:16:13 pm »
Here’s what he told The New York Times editorial board
about keeping his supporters enthusiastic: “If it gets a little boring, if I see people starting to sort
of, maybe thinking about leaving, I can sort of tell the audience, I just say, ‘We will build the wall!’
and they go nuts.”

The scary thing about this, is that he's absolutely right about his followers.  He looks down on them, tells the world that he's conning them, and they still follow.

And you're right, EasyAce...... many of them are far too intelligent to let this snake oil salesman get the best of them.

And yet they're letting him do it.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Bill Cipher

Re: Essay: "4 Indicators Trump Thinks His Voters are Morons"
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 05:32:22 pm »
The scary thing about this, is that he's absolutely right about his followers.  He looks down on them, tells the world that he's conning them, and they still follow.

And you're right, EasyAce...... many of them are far too intelligent to let this snake oil salesman get the best of them.

And yet they're letting him do it.

It's downright scary.