Author Topic: Cruz jokes about running over Trump with a car  (Read 2230 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz jokes about running over Trump with a car
« on: March 31, 2016, 01:44:09 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/274767-cruz-jokes-about-running-over-trump-with-his-car

March 31, 2016, 08:12 am
Cruz jokes about running over Trump with a car

By Rebecca Savransky

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz on Wednesday joked that he would consider backing over rival Donald Trump with his car if chance arose.

Appearing on "Jimmy Kimmel Live," Cruz was asked by Kimmel whom he disliked more: President Obama or Trump.

"I dislike Obama's policies more. Donald is a unique individual," he said, trailing off to laughter.

"If I were in my car and getting ready to reverse and saw Donald in the backup camera, I'm not confident which pedal I'd push."

Trump last week launched an attack on Cruz's wife, Heidi, after an anti-Trump super-PAC used a picture of Trump's wife, Melania, posing nude in an ad.

Cruz has said multiple times he was not involved in the ad and has slammed Trump for bringing his wife into the race.

He also criticized Trump on Wednesday for his comments about abortion, saying the businessman "hasn't seriously thought through the issues, and he'll say anything to get attention."

Trump drew controversy Wednesday for saying women should be punished for getting illegal abortions. He later sought to clarify his position, saying he would not punish women but instead the abortion providers.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Cruz jokes about running over Trump with a car
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 02:05:30 pm »
Don't go there Ted, don't go there.   :nono:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 02:05:43 pm »
Cruz is a remarkably funny guy considering he is tagged as a stick in the mud nerd. Here is the full interview....

http://therightscoop.com/heres-the-entire-hilarious-appearance-of-tedcruz-on-jimmy-kimmel-live/

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 02:08:49 pm »
Someone check Ted's filter.  I think it broke, again.
Just because you think it doesn't mean you have to be like buffoon boy, and blurt it out.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 02:13:01 pm »
Fairly harmless joke.

I do think politicians shouldn't tell jokes, it make me cringe as hard as old white guys rapping.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Bill Cipher

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 02:14:52 pm »
C'mon Cruz, don't get back in there.  Maybe under other circumstances it would work, but not now.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 02:24:17 pm »
I have to laugh at everyone wringing their hands over Cruz's call back to an earlier Kimmel skit involving Trump pictures on back up cameras, but not a word about Cruz saying he put Kimmel on a muslim watch list.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 03:13:24 pm »
In reading his book "A Time For Truth", he clearly isn't as 'nerdy' as the media and others depict him and I find him to be a very likeable guy.  He is brilliant and very well-educated and passionate about his family, this country and the Constitution.

My only thought with Cruz making a joking dig at Trump is that I fear it will only bring out the 'creep' in Trump and retaliation.

Ted Cruz 2016!  Reigniting the Promise of America!!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 06:54:27 pm »
Wow! I am glad Trump didn't say that in jest about Cruz. It would be considered a death threat and he would be in jsil **nononono* **nononono*

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 08:46:53 pm »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 12:03:08 am »
Well this certainly made me LOL.    :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMgaqhTZBlg&feature=player_embedded#t=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMgaqhTZBlg&feature=player_embedded#t=0

How can I ask you any questions if you block my personal messages?  You Trumpkins are really scared.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2016, 12:03:38 am »
How can I ask you any questions if you block my personal messages?  You Trumpkins are really scared.

Scared and delusional.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2016, 12:05:45 am »
Wow! I am glad Trump didn't say that in jest about Cruz. It would be considered a death threat and he would be in jsil
Trump isn't in jail for his comments about shooting people on 5th Ave.  No one considered that a death threat. I think most of us can handle a joke.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2016, 12:07:52 am »
In reading his book "A Time For Truth", he clearly isn't as 'nerdy' as the media and others depict him and I find him to be a very likeable guy. 

I think that is why he ends up doing better in states he campaigns in than expected. Once people see he isn't the jerky nerd that the MSM has tagged him with people warm up to him. I find him quite funny and quick witted when he is on the spot.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 12:33:13 am »
Trump isn't in jail for his comments about shooting people on 5th Ave.  No one considered that a death threat. I think most of us can handle a joke.

True but probably better not to make those kind of jokes.  Only Trump can get away with saying he could kill people and nobody would care.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 12:36:19 am »
True but probably better not to make those kind of jokes.  Only Trump can get away with saying he could kill people and nobody would care.

Ah come on. Cruz didn't say he wanted to kill Trump. He just said he would have a tough time not backing over him. My wife has backed over me twice because she is a terrible driver and I didn't die. Just lost an ear one time and broke a hand the second.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 01:18:36 am »
Ah come on. Cruz didn't say he wanted to kill Trump. He just said he would have a tough time not backing over him. My wife has backed over me twice because she is a terrible driver and I didn't die. Just lost an ear one time and broke a hand the second.

Wow sorry!  They make cars with back up camera's.  You should invest.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 01:27:01 am »
You'd go viral on youtube, at the very least!  :tongue2:

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 01:27:16 am »

Well a back up camera would certainly improve her aim.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 05:33:23 am »

you can handle a joke and so can I.  I thought it was funny. but there are those, that if Trump had said it, would be screaming bloody murder.  LOL :whistle:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 05:39:44 am »

That would just cause more accidents. She would just use the reflection on the screen to fix her lipstick while she was driving.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2016, 06:14:39 am »
I don't support Cruz because he has a sense of humor.  I support him because he said this “When I tell you I’m going to do something, I’m going to do exactly what I said I would do."

Senator Cruz!  It is time to stop joking and time to start doing.
Get in that car!

A-Lert

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 06:24:47 am »
Fairly harmless joke.

I do think politicians shouldn't tell jokes, it make me cringe as hard as old white guys rapping.

Harmless because Cruz said it. Had Trump said the same thing in regard to Cruz you anti-Trumps would be apoplectic.

Poor judgement on the part of Cruz.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2016, 11:43:51 am »
There's a significant difference.

Cruz made a joke while running.

Trump is a running joke.