Author Topic: Nightmare nominee: Nobody likes Donald Trump. Not even white men.  (Read 1053 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
There is no demographic he has a positive favorable opinion. Even uneducated, republican, white men.

Donald Trump would be “the least popular major party nominee in modern times,” today’s Post headline blares. That sounds pretty bad! But if you dig into the demographic breakdown of the Post’s new analysis of this month’s polling, which looks at Trump’s favorability across a range of voter groups, it looks even worse.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/03/31/nightmare-nominee-nobody-likes-donald-trump-not-even-white-men/

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 01:03:56 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Relic

Re: Nightmare nominee: Nobody likes Donald Trump. Not even white men.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 01:08:47 pm »
"Not even white men."

GTH Washington Post. Race baiting POS.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 01:12:05 pm »
Trump won't be the nominee.  It's becoming clear that convention delegates (who are long-time GOPers) won't put a man in nomination who is 10-15 points down (at least). 

This is the worst showing by the leading candidate of either major party in modern history.  And yesterday will only make things worse for Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 01:20:09 pm »
Trump won't be the nominee.  It's becoming clear that convention delegates (who are long-time GOPers) won't put a man in nomination who is 10-15 points down (at least). 

This is the worst showing by the leading candidate of either major party in modern history.  And yesterday will only make things worse for Trump.

His interview regarding abortion was bordering on incoherent.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 01:27:05 pm »

It was clear in listening to it that he had never given a single thought to the subject.  He was also arguing a supposed 'pro-life' position from his pro-abortion POV.

Thus, the incoherence.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 01:42:49 pm »

If you read his interviews actually typed out verbatim, most are like this. He usually leaves things vague enough and just focuses on emotion so that people will actually project their own beliefs on to him. When he does try to be specific, you often find he'll make statements that take 3-4 positions within the same statement or two- so everyone can find something they like. Take his statement on Obamacare in the first debate. I highlighted the different positions he took in different colors so anyone looking for the answer they want to hear- he covered it. You want single payer now, he likes it. You think single payer could work if we change things up, you got it. You want free market bidding, you got it. You want corporate subsidized healthcare, you got it. You want big insurance out of it, you got it. You want medicare programs expanded, you got it.

As far as single-payer, it works in Canada. It works incredibly well in Scotland. It could have worked in a different age, which is the age you're talking about here."

"What I'd like to see is a private system without the artificial lines around every state. I have a big company with thousands and thousands of employees. And if I'm negotiating in New York or in New Jersey or in California, I have like one bidder. Nobody can bid.
You know why? Because the insurance companies are making a fortune because they have control of the politicians, of course, with the exception of the politicians on this stage.
But they have total control of the politicians. They're making a fortune."

"Get rid of the artificial lines and you will have yourself great plans. And then we have to take care of the people that can't take care of themselves. And I will do that through a different system."

All things to all people.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 02:12:26 pm »
Quite honestly the RNC, GOPe and others really have to consider what the backlash is going to be if Trump comes close and isn't made the nominee.  In reality; Cruz has to get over 80% of the remaining delegates in order to beat him (no thanks to Kasich).  I still think he has a chance (Trump seems to be sinking his ship but usually the opposite rings true) and I have no doubt he will stop him from getting the 1237 delegates needed.  Trump not getting the nomination may lead to civil unrest, destroying any hopes of placing a member of the Republican party in the White House. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 02:14:46 pm »
Quite honestly the RNC, GOPe and others really have to consider what the backlash is going to be if Trump comes close and isn't made the nominee.  In reality; Cruz has to get over 80% of the remaining delegates in order to beat him (no thanks to Kasich).  I still think he has a chance (Trump seems to be sinking his ship but usually the opposite rings true) and I have no doubt he will stop him from getting the 1237 delegates needed.  Trump not getting the nomination may lead to civil unrest, destroying any hopes of placing a member of the Republican party in the White House.

Once again reinforcing that Trump's purpose is to elect Hillary.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 02:18:54 pm »

I don't think there will be widespread civil unrest.  I think there will be a lot of silly tantrums by the few remaining Trump supporters, but considering how many people Trump is scaring away, his sole base in the general is likely to be only those who have supported him so far, so if Cruz can peel off a few disaffected democrats in the general, Trump's supporters should be mostly irrelevant in the general election.