Author Topic: Donald Trump tried to deflect attention from "some form of punishment" by casually suggesting he might nuke Europe  (Read 548 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

For the love of God, can someone please explain why any thinking human being would still be supporting this lunatic?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Bill Cipher

I think that's a little silly to fault Trump on this one.  Suppose Russia were making a lightning quick strike with its full Army into Western Europe.  Would we expect they US to nuke Russian forces to stop them?  I think that option would always be there. 

Offline NavyCanDo

I think that's a little silly to fault Trump on this one.  Suppose Russia were making a lightning quick strike with its full Army into Western Europe.  Would we expect they US to nuke Russian forces to stop them?  I think that option would always be there.

Except that a Presidential answer to such a serious question usually doesn't result in laughter from the audience. Agree?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Lando Lincoln

This passes for journalism?  Truthfully, I would not dignify that idiot Matthews with a response.  Nukes, a yes/no question? 

But that is just me.   :shrug:
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

No it wouldn't be. Not in Europe. Ever.  Don't be silly.

Trump thinks he's being tough by refusing to rule out nukes in Europe. He's being stupid.  Nobody believes Trump would have the balls to use nukes anywhere.  This is schoolyard talk.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
No it wouldn't be. Not in Europe. Ever.  Don't be silly.

Trump thinks he's being tough by refusing to rule out nukes in Europe. He's being stupid.  Nobody believes Trump would have the balls to use nukes anywhere.  This is schoolyard talk.

With Trump's ego...I wouldn't rule anything out the he would do.  I really don't think the guy is wrapped too tight; in other words he is one maraca short of a mariachi band.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Ok... so why couldn't he say that? Is it too much to expect our President to intelligently answer a simple question?

Offline kevindavis007

My fear is that Russia may join forces with China to have a preemptive strike on us if Trump is the President.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”