Author Topic: Carly Fiorina Jumps to Defend Ted Cruz From 'Daily Mail' Reporter Who Is "Dancing To Donald Trump's Tune"  (Read 1804 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/03/29/carly_fiorina_steps_in_to_defend_ted_cruz_from_daily_mail_reporter_asking_about_affair_rumors.html

Carly Fiorina Jumps to Defend Ted Cruz From 'Daily Mail' Reporter Who Is "Dancing To Donald Trump's Tune"
By Tim Hains
Posted on March 29, 2016

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMxRJexfgOc

At a campaign event Monday in Wisconsin, Ted Cruz backer and former 2016 candidate Carly Fiorina steps in to deflect a question from a Daily Mail reporter asking about rumors reported by the National Enquirer about Ted Cruz's personal life.

DAILY MAIL REPORTER: Will you respond more definitively [than his previous denial, which was interestingly worded] to the story in the National Enquirer [accusing Cruz of five affairs].

CARLY FIORINA: If I may--

REPORTER: No, I'm sorry, I asked the senator that question.

FIORINA: I'm going to comment, okay?

REPORTER: Do you have first-hand knowledge of the senator's marriage?

FIORINA: I'm going to comment. This is an example of the media playing to Donald Trump's tune. Donald Trump is a serial philanderer, by his own admission. And in a week when we have had a terrorist attack in Brussels, a shooting at the Capitol, the president of the U.S. in the baseball stands with Raul Castro, and insisting he be photographed in front of a picture of Che Guevara with the two Castro brothers, we are talking about a scurrilous, ridiculous piece in the National Enquirer?

Why? Why? Why do you dance to Donald Trump's tune?

Let's talk about the issues.

REPORTER: That's fine, this is a serious question about your character. If the answer is yes, I was unfaithful to my wife, why don't you--

TED CRUZ: I recognize that you love going into the gutter. Sir, sir-- I'm going to answer your question.

Stop inturrupting. What is your publication?

REPORTER: The 'Daily Mail,' the world's [inaudible -- most read?]

TED CRUZ: Look, I'm going to give a very brief answer to your question. Which is that the National Enquirer is complete garbage, it is total lies, it was planted by Donald Trump's henchmen, and I don't think the people of Wisconsin or the people of America have any interest in tabloid trash. I'm going to focus on the issues that matter.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
As usual Carly puts people in their place with tactfulness
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
As usual, the Trumpsters take the high road. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Damn.  The Cruzlims must be leaving a virus behind.   :laugh:

(And I don't care who you are .... that there picture of Caryl protecting her youngin' from big bad grownups is funny.   88devil   )

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Very tasteless.  **nononono*

Yes,  I found Caryl shocking so, too.   **nononono*

Offline sinkspur

Can understand your frustration.  Nothing but bad news for your boy today. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Can understand your frustration.  Nothing but bad news for your boy today.

What are you talking about, Sink?   Kasich isn't doing as well as I'd like, but he's still in it - and still the only one who's electable.

I found THIS to be an interesting read.

"Ted, just hear me out, okay. Two minutes. That's all."

"Look at the polls. I kill Hillary. You and I win 40 states, maybe more. Even if you pull this out after this fiasco you'll lose 40. Simple facts. Your team knows the numbers better than any of our groups. They know and I know you have a Hail Mary play but that's it. Versus a near sure thing as my No. 2."

"And here's the deal. I will make it clear, tonight, that you are an eight-year VP and the party is going to nominate you in 2024. Of course that isn't a legal deal but we write it the right way and everyone will be nodding and agreeing. You have eight years in the vice presidency to travel the world and learn everything you need to know to pick up after I come back here for Buckeyes football and to see my girls get married and have my grandchildren. You're 53 and you are president for eight years. That's 16 years of history, Ted, not six months. Sixteen years. It was Nixon's choice and he jumped at it, made use of every minute. He wasn't Ike's equal and you won't be mine, but you'll be a key player and you will be the nominee in 2024 with a chance of winning, not a certain loser in two days or four months."

"Now, I know it's hard. You beat me up and down the map, but truth is the party as a whole is center-right, that center-right is the dominant half of the party right now and Trump is the guy who opened the door for you. You know you need eight years with these guys to fix things or they will kill your campaign in the cradle. If you even get out of here with the nomination, and I don't think it is going that way. I just don't. I didn't bring Weaver in here because you know all this better than he does and he knows it better than anyone. You aren't getting it and if by some miracle you do, Mitch and the gang will kill you dead in the cradle."

"It is this simple. We go out together, go up and announce Kasich-Cruz, raise our hands. Hug Donald. Hug everyone. Get a team together, telegraph Romney at State, Carly at Treasury, and get this, whomever you want for Supreme Court. We'll tell them that. Tell them you will make a recommendation to me by the end of October and that I am going to accept that recommendation publicly unless the nominee has insulted my wife or my girls. We also tell them you have the lead on all judicial picks, not our AG, and that we are dead serious about remaking the courts. You'll be to the courts what Cheney was to national security in the first term."

« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 07:26:50 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Damn.  The Cruzlims must be leaving a virus behind.   :laugh:

(And I don't care who you are .... that there picture of Caryl protecting her youngin' from big bad grownups is funny.   88devil   )

No, Cruz and supporters do not carry viruses; however baboons DO carry viruses.  People should especially be aware of the orange baboon; he mostly travels in road shows, posing for photo ops, holding carnival events and even hosts his own petting zoos.  Please note that some of his facilities do not have an adequate disease monitoring program and is likely to put the public at risk.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Bill Cipher

I see the Cruz-haters are out in force.  I guess they don't have much of anything to say about the object of their devotion, Trump, given how spectacularly he and his campaign manager failed today.

Offline Frank Cannon

I notice that photoshop pic is giving you giggles. Here is a real pic that should give you heartburn.

#TrumpLovesPecker

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:25:30 am by Frank Cannon »