Author Topic: Breaking: Corey Lewandowski charged in alleged battery of Breitbart reporter.  (Read 18863 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline GAJohnnie

Read the police report then watch the video. Fields statements are so far divorced from what the video shows it is laughable.

That Prosecutor went forward with this change, in light of this video. is pretty damaging evidence that this is politically motivated prosecution.

Offline sinkspur

Erick Erickson ‏@EWErickson  10m10 minutes ago

"I'll be the greatest President for women ever," doesn't really work when your campaign manager is arrested for battery.

Noah Rothman
‏@NoahCRothman
Donald Trump's entire claim to competence is the faith he will hire and fire those who deserve it. That religious conviction has been undone

Ian Tuttle ‏@iptuttle  51m51 minutes ago
It turns out Ann Coulter was right. Defending Trump is EXACTLY like having to bail someone out of prison.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Sink, his lawyer bit a stripper, did you see that?

Offline MBB1984

Again, don't cling cult like to your hyper hysteric emotions regarding Trump, WATCH the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGz5DPqU-p0&feature=youtu.be

He grabbed her arm, but it was brief and looked pretty benign.   He certainly didn't throw her to the ground as she claimed.  Look for this charge to be dropped.

Offline musiclady

Read the police report then watch the video. Fields statements are so far divorced from what the video shows it is laughable.

That Prosecutor went forward with this change, in light of this video. is pretty damaging evidence that this is politically motivated prosecution.

The Prosecutor is a conservative Constitutionalist and a Cruz supporter?  How weird is that??   

(It would be much more logical to assume he's on the left and would support a Progressive like Trump).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

Yeah. I posted a tweet about it earlier.  Kendall Coffey.  He had to resign as US Attorney because of it.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

He grabbed her arm, but it was brief and looked pretty benign.   He certainly didn't throw her to the ground as she claimed.  Look for this charge to be dropped.

He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her.  Maybe she didn't fall to the ground, but battery doesn't require that you fall, does it?

It's also interesting that she's a Breitbart reporter, and that Breitbart has been a Trump ally (much to the dismay of people who respect Andrew Breitbart).  Why would a Trump guy be so stupid as to assault  someone in the tank for Donald?

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Strippers, like homeless guys faces, are delicacies in Florida.

Offline kevindavis007

He grabbed her by the arm and pulled her.  Maybe she didn't fall to the ground, but battery doesn't require that you fall, does it?

It's also interesting that she's a Breitbart reporter, and that Breitbart has been a Trump ally (much to the dismay of people who respect Andrew Breitbart).  Why would a Trump guy be so stupid as to assault  someone in the tank for Donald?

I don't think people working for Trump has any brains at all. Also, FWIW, Breitbart did throw Michelle Fields under the bus.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

Strippers, like homeless guys faces, are delicacies in Florida.

To be honest, I thought about moving to Florida.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Corey's just another of Trump's droogs. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline MBB1984

Technically, it is a battery, but similar situations like this are rarely charged.   This is as mild a battery as they come.  It is equivalent to being charged going 59 mph in a 55 speed limit.  If it did not involve a political campaign this would be laughed out of court.

Offline Frank Cannon

Right Johnnie. Keep defending this establishment hack. Make America Grate Again! Support More Lobbyists in Govt!

Offline ABX

So we are moving the goal posts now?

Are we calling the police officers who reviewed the evidence and proceeded to file the charges liars?

Bill Cipher

Technically, it is a battery, but similar situations like this are rarely charged.   This is as mild a battery as they come.  It is equivalent to being charged going 59 mph in a 55 speed limit.  If it did not involve a political campaign this would be laughed out of court.

Why would a crime be laughed out of court?  A prosecutor might choose not to pursue charges or to prosecute, and a jury might find not guilty, but none of that involved laughing the crime out of court.  A battery is a battery is a battery and that is precisely what this schmuck did.  It doesn't matter that she didn't fall to the floor; intentional unwanted contact that goes beyond what a hypothetical person would reasonably expect is basically all it takes.  Yanking someone's arm hard enough to cause bruising is a battery. 

Offline ABX

Why would a crime be laughed out of court?  A prosecutor might choose not to pursue charges or to prosecute, and a jury might find not guilty, but none of that involved laughing the crime out of court.  A battery is a battery is a battery and that is precisely what this schmuck did.  It doesn't matter that she didn't fall to the floor; intentional unwanted contact that goes beyond what a hypothetical person would reasonably expect is basically all it takes.  Yanking someone's arm hard enough to cause bruising is a battery.

If a man did that to his wife, he could be charged with domestic violence. I've sat on several grand juries that involved some domestic violence cases billed and we usually get the same speech from the police officer. If they are called to a domestic violence case and one party has any signs of violence, the other party is going to jail, period. Even if the victim claims nothing happened. They separate the situation and let the DA determine the next course of action.

Bill Cipher

So we are moving the goal posts now?

Are we calling the police officers who reviewed the evidence and proceeded to file the charges liars?

Yes.  And soon enough we'll here that the video was photoshopped and accusations that the venue owner is in the sack with Cruz. 

Offline musiclady

Do you have evidence that "similar situations like this are rarely charged?"

btw, your parallel of going over the speed limit falls far short.  No one gets bruised when I go 59 in a 55 mph zone.

This is battery.

Offline NavyCanDo

When the first floor level videos came out which really didn't show anything definitive, I think it was a Trump supporter here that said let the police do their job and look at the video themselves which will clear Lewandowski.  OK, good advice, let the police do their job. But now there is another video, and it appears the police did do their job.   Grabbing here arm forcibly in  such a way as to cause bruising is battery. If I did that to my wife, I would have a sheriff deputy knocking at my front door.   
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:32:36 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis007

Do you have evidence that "similar situations like this are rarely charged?"

btw, your parallel of going over the speed limit falls far short.  No one gets bruised when I go 59 in a 55 mph zone.

This is battery.

If I did this to Mrs Kevindavis, I would be in jail.

Offline kevindavis007

When the first floor level videos came out which really didn't show anything definitive, I think it was a Trump supporter here that said let the police do their job and look at the video themselves which will clear Lewandowski.  OK, good advice, let the police do their job. But now there is another video, and it appears the police did do their job.   Grabbing here arm forcibly in  such a way as to cause bruising is battery. If I did that to my wife, I would have a sheriff deputy knocking at my front door.   

Ditto, also if Trump is the nominee look for the Rats you use this as fodder for the GOP war on women.

Bill Cipher

Ditto, also if Trump is the nominee look for the Rats you use this as fodder for the GOP war on women.

Especially since Trump et. al. already trashed her as a liar. 

Offline kevindavis007

Especially since Trump et. al. already trashed her as a liar.

Just remember in 2012 after what Todd Akin said..

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php

March 29, 2016, 12:52 pm
Trump on top aide's battery charge: 'Nothing there'

By Neetzan Zimmerman

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is insisting that there's "nothing there" after his campaign manager was charged with simple battery of a reporter on Tuesday.

"Wow, Corey Lewandowski, my campaign manager and a very decent man, was just charged with assaulting a reporter," Trump tweeted. "Look at tapes-nothing there!"

The Jupiter, Fla., Police Department announced Tuesday morning that Corey Lewandowski had been charged with one count of simple battery for "intentionally" touching former Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields.

Video released by the police department appears to show Lewandowski reaching his left hand between Trump and a security guard and toward Fields, holding her back as he passed her and continued following Trump through the room.

The footage can be seen above.

In a follow-up tweet, Trump appeared to suggest Fields had changed her version of events after learning that the incident was caught on tape.

Donald J. Trump

‎@realDonaldTrump

Why aren't people looking at this reporters earliest statement as to what happened, that is before she found out the episode was on tape?
11:44 AM - 29 Mar 2016

Fields responded that her story never changed, and called on Trump to "just stop lying."

Michelle Fields ‎@MichelleFields

Because my story never changed. Seriously, just stop lying.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/714855791199719424
11:50 AM - 29 Mar 2016
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34