Author Topic: Fidel Castro to Obama: We don't need your 'presents'  (Read 749 times)

Offline flowers

Fidel Castro to Obama: We don't need your 'presents'
« on: March 28, 2016, 05:04:16 pm »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CB_CUBA_FIDEL_OBAMA?SITE=MYPSP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-03-28-09-12-58

HAVANA (AP) -- Fidel Castro responded Monday to President Barack Obama's historic trip to Cuba with a long, bristling letter recounting the history of U.S. aggression against Cuba, writing that "we don't need the empire to give us any presents."

The 1,500-word letter in state media titled "Brother Obama" was Castro's first response to the president's three-day visit last week, in which the American president said he had come to bury the two countries' history of Cold War hostility. Obama did not meet with the 89-year-old Fidel Castro on the trip but met several times with his 84-year-old brother Raul Castro, the current Cuban president.

Obama's visit was intended to build irreversible momentum behind his opening with Cuba and to convince the Cuban people and the Cuban government that a half-century of U.S. attempts to overthrow the Communist government had ended, allowing Cuban to reform its economy and political system without the threat of U.S. interference.

Fidel Castro writes of Obama: "My modest suggestion is that he reflects and doesn't try to develop theories about Cuban politics."

Castro, who led Cuba for decades before handing power to his brother in 2008, was legendary for his hours-long, all-encompassing speeches. His letter reflects that style, presenting a sharp contrast with Obama's tightly focused speech in Havana. Castro's letter opens with descriptions of environmental abuse under the Spaniards and reviews the historical roles of Cuban independence heroes Jose Marti, Antonio Maceo and Maximo Gomez.

Castro then goes over crucial sections of Obama's speech line by line, engaging in an ex-post-facto dialogue with the American president with pointed critiques of perceived slights and insults, including Obama's failure to give credit to indigenous Cubans and Castro's prohibition of racial segregation after coming to power in 1959.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Fidel Castro to Obama: We don't need your 'presents'
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 10:56:06 pm »
Fidel Castro to Obama: We don't need your 'presents'

The baby communist gets a slapdown from a -real- commie.

Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but:
"Good for you, Fidel!"

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 11:02:39 pm »
American left, total morans.

In every way you can think of.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 11:10:59 pm »

Can't believe I'm gonna say this, but:
"Good for you, Fidel!"
Same thing for me....never thought I would say that too.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 12:16:00 am »
:castro: :castro: :castro:  FUBO!   :castro: :castro: :castro:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 03:18:52 am »
Fidel Castro blasts Obama's Cuba trip

http://news.yahoo.com/cuba-no-gifts-us-fidel-castro-105802607.html

Well Obama went to Cuba to schmooze and Castro didn't bite.  And did you see him getting off the plane beaming from ear to ear as if he was going to have a Reagan moment.  Obama probably thinking I'm going to go over here and show that this communist dictator will fall right in line with my plans.    I guess I can now focus on what an utter failure Obama is since Trump is almost finished.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 03:20:03 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 09:07:33 am »
March 28, 2016, 10:00 am
Fidel Castro lashes out at Obama after Cuba visit

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/274446-fidel-castro-lashes-out-at-obama-after-cuba-visit

By Jordan Fabian

Fidel Castro rebuked President Obama in a lengthy diatribe Monday just days after the president's historic visit to Cuba.

The former Cuban revolutionary leader published a letter in state-controlled media titled “Brother Obama,” in which he recalled the U.S.’s past efforts to overthrow his government.

“We do not need the empire to give us anything,” Castro wrote.

It was the elder Castro’s first response to Obama’s two-and-a-half-day visit last week, during which the president said he came to the country to bury the final vestige of the Cold War in the Western Hemisphere.

Obama met with Cuban leader Raúl Castro, Fidel’s younger brother, but did not meet with the revolutionary leader, who is reportedly in poor health. Fidel Castro handed over power in 2008.

The president’s visit was designed to cement his push to normalize relations with Cuba after five decades of isolation. The U.S. government is trying to establish closer trade and travel ties with Cuba while persuading the country’s leaders to enact political reforms and improve human rights.

At the same time, Obama sought to convince Cubans that the U.S. isn’t interested in reprising past efforts to overthrow the Castro regime.

But Fidel Castro rattled off a laundry list of past U.S. aggression against Cuba, including the 1961 Bay of Pigs invasion. And he lectured the U.S. about its role in propping up South Africa’s apartheid government, which Castro opposed.

“My modest suggestion is to reflect and do not try now to develop theories about Cuban politics,” Castro wrote of Obama.

The president's efforts to allow U.S. businesses to operate in Cuba also appeared to have angered Castro, who seized American business and property during the 1959 Cuban revolution.

By most measures, Cuba's economy is on life support. But Castro insisted the communist system he put in place can provide for the island's citizens.

“No one should pretend the people of this noble and selfless country give up its glory and rights,” he wrote. “We are able to produce food and material wealth we need with the effort and intelligence of our people.”

White House press secretary Josh Earnest called Castro's op-ed “an indication that the trip had its intended effect" of pressuring the Cuban government to adopt economic and political reforms.

This story was updated at 2:18 p.m.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:08:21 am by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 09:09:13 am »
Imam Obama's "historic" visit is certainly providing dividends already. :whistle: