Author Topic: Trump Wants A “Border Wall.” Well, Hungary Erected One. THE VERY NEXT DAY, This Happened.  (Read 596 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Wants A “Border Wall.” Well, Hungary Erected One. THE VERY NEXT DAY, This Happened.

http://downtrend.com/robertgehl/trump-wants-a-border-wall-well-hungary-erected-one-the-very-next-day-this-happened

March 27, 2016| by Robert Gehl

Folks who claim Donald Trump’s “border wall” is unfeasible, impractical and stupid should look at Hungary.

During the height of the refugee crisis last fall, Hungary saw around 7,000 illegal border crossers per day. Prime minister Viktor Orban decided to erect a border wall between Hungary and it’s neighbors Serbia and Croatia, the Daily Caller is reporting.

The results are pretty clear:

hungary border crossers

When the fence went up Oct. 17, the influx went down to 870 from 6,353 only a day earlier. Illegal border crossing were steadily below 40 per day throughout the rest of the month. The number picked up slightly in February, after migrants destroyed part of the fence, but it remains in the low hundreds.

Another successful example is Macedonia — the first step on the Balkan route, which separates Greece from the rest of the EU. Macedonia had more than 60,000 migrants enter the country in January. The migrant influx was cut significantly, leaving tens of thousands stranded in Greece. The desperation among refugees led to clashes with Macedonian military in late February.

Germany’s rising anti-immigration party, Alternative fur Deutschland (AfD), proposed a fence along its border in March.

AfD leader Joerg Meuthen mentioned several examples where fences work, particularly in Spain, where it forces North African migrants to take a long detour to get to Europe.

“They have to go around the Mediterranean” to find a way in, Meuthen said at a rally, according to news agency AFP. “Yes, fences have an impact.”
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 01:48:31 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Relic

A border wall makes perfect sense if you care about your country, and want to preserve it, (nationalism).

Bleeding heart liberals are unable to conceptualize that an influx of unskilled, hungry people will lead to lower wages for everyone, and an overloaded welfare system that will bring the country to it's knees.

The political class has motives that are far less pure, but have no desire to maintain our sovereignty.

Is it any wonder that Trump is getting support?

Bill Cipher

Illegal crossings were still "40 a day" after the fence was built. Or, about 1,200 a month.  Strange definition of "success."

Offline Relic

Illegal crossings were still "40 a day" after the fence was built. Or, about 1,200 a month.  Strange definition of "success."

That's generally the approach that the left takes: Since they don't want a wall, anything less than perfection is consider to be stupid, racist, unworkable, useless.

Dropping from 6353, (I question the precision of the number), to 870 a day, to eventually 40 a day would qualify as a success to me. I guess you figure that 190,590 = 1,200?

Bill Cipher

That's generally the approach that the left takes: Since they don't want a wall, anything less than perfection is consider to be stupid, racist, unworkable, useless.

Dropping from 6353, (I question the precision of the number), to 870 a day, to eventually 40 a day would qualify as a success to me. I guess you figure that 190,590 = 1,200?

Baloney.  That's the promise Trump and his supporters keep making: build the wall and the problem will go away.  Well, unless it reduces illegal crossings to zero, it hasn't made the problem go away. 

Offline Relic

Baloney.  That's the promise Trump and his supporters keep making: build the wall and the problem will go away.  Well, unless it reduces illegal crossings to zero, it hasn't made the problem go away.

That is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen you post.

No remedy is worthwhile unless it fixes it 100%? The offshoot of that is, open the borders 100% because if we can't stop them all, then we should let them all in. Heck, we can even send buses to bring them over to whichever destination they choose!

Online mountaineer

On a related note, Israel has constructed a wall between its nation and "Palestine."
...   Suicide bombings have decreased since the construction of the barrier. Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, Hamas, and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad have been less able to conduct attacks in Israel, which have decreased in areas where the barrier has been completed.

The Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Israel Security Agency report that in 2002, there were 452 fatalities from terrorist attacks. Before the completion of the first continuous segment (July 2003) from the beginning of the Second Intifada, 73 Palestinian suicide bombings were carried out from the West Bank, killing 293 Israelis and injuring over 1,900. After the completion of the first continuous segment through the end of 2006, there were only 12 attacks based in the West Bank, killing 64 people and wounding 445. Terrorist attacks declined in 2007 and 2008 to 9 in 2010.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs predicts that completion of the barrier will continue to prevent terrorist attacks since "[a]n absolute halt in terrorist activities has been noticed in the West Bank areas where the fence has been constructed."

Israeli officials (including the head of the Shin Bet) quoted in the newspaper Maariv have said that in the areas where the barrier was complete, the number of hostile infiltrations has decreased to almost zero.  ...
More at Wikipedia

I'm not exactly a Trump supporter, but fail to see how protecting one's borders is a bad thing, even if not 100% effective.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

I've always believed that liberals aren't interested in perfection, per se.  They are concerned about the intent or ideas of what they want, whether its good or not.  If something was meant to help muzzies, let's say, and it is a miserable failure it is still a success to liberals because they think their intentions were good.  Case in point would be the war on poverty.  Over 20 trillion bucks spent on it and more people are in poverty than ever, but to liberals it is towering success because they wanted to see something good happen.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

According to:
http://news.yahoo.com/hungary-border-fence-proving-futile-slowing-migrant-flow-082644013.html

the fence (not a wall, but a barrier fence and layers of razor wire) is 109 miles long, about one eighteenth the length of the US/Mexico border.  using 40 a day as the number for Hungary, if the US border could be heavily patrolled with troops, dogs, water cannon, etc., and similar impenetrability obtained, the number of above ground infiltrators would be reduced to a mere 720. I believe that would be an improvement, but that does not account for those which would be coming in through tunnels or other means.

A wall will take quite a bit more time, material, engineering, and manpower to emplace.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3238047/Flying-Great-Wall-Europe-Amazing-drone-footage-captures-tear-gas-tanks-tents-sheer-scale-Hungarian-border-fence-keeping-desperate-migrants-out.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_border_barrier

NOTE: I'm not saying it can't work, because a physical barrier obviously does. However, Hungary's border is significantly shorter than our own with Mexico, and even the fence they have constructed would have difficulty here over environmental concerns and engineering issues not regarded or present in Hungary.

BTW, Cruz advocated a border fence/wall in 2011 http://neoneocon.com/2016/01/26/2011-ted-cruz-on-the-wall-and-amnesty/  But his is only one voice of 535 in Congress.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis