Author Topic: Bill Kristol: I Hope a Third Party Candidate Comes Forward  (Read 1632 times)

HAPPY2BME

Bill Kristol: I Hope a Third Party Candidate Comes Forward
« on: March 27, 2016, 02:09:06 am »
VIDEO

Bill Kristol, founder and editor of The Weekly Standard, tells Newsmax TV he hopes a third-party candidate will emerge if Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are anointed the Republican and Democratic presidential nominees.

"I just don't think [Trump] has the character or temperament to be president of the United States ... [and] we're certainly not going to vote for Hillary," Kristol said Friday to J.D. Hayworth on "Newsmax Prime."

Bill Kristol, founder and editor of The Weekly Standard, tells Newsmax TV he hopes a third-party candidate will emerge if Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are anointed the Republican and Democratic presidential nominees.

"I just don't think [Trump] has the character or temperament to be president of the United States ... [and] we're certainly not going to vote for Hillary," Kristol said Friday to J.D. Hayworth on "Newsmax Prime."

"There are a lot of fine Republicans and conservatives in the country, some of them are retired generals, some of them are businessmen, some of them are civic leaders, some of them are retired or current senators or governors.

"Let's see if anyone comes forward. Maybe it's all just a pipe dream. I'm willing to acknowledge it's possible that this won't happen."

And what would a third party be called?

"I kind of like the Federalist Party. They were a great party for the first 12 years in the republic before they went out of business. The Alexander Hamilton Party, there are a lot of good names," said Kristol, whose publication is a leading conservative opinion magazine.

"Look, I don't want to start a third party, I'm a Republican. I've voted Republican in every presidential election in my adult lifetime and virtually every Senate and governor, gubernatorial election.

So from my view, it would be an independent Republican running. It wouldn't be a third party. It would be a one-off deal...."

For now, Kristol said, he's "fine" with Sen. Ted Cruz, who is in second place behind front-runner Trump, becoming the GOP nominee.

"I've known him a long time and I think he's a good, strong conservative," he said, adding that he would also accept Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who is in a distant third and is resisting calls from some GOP notables to drop out.

"[Kasich is] a little more moderate than I am, but he's within the respectable Republican spectrum. I could live with Kasich, I wouldn't be thrilled," Kristol told Hayworth.

And could he change his mind about Trump, the billionaire developer whose brash campaign style and shoot-from-the-lip way of speaking has alienated many Republicans?

"Trump is a very skillful candidate, more than I expected. Maybe I'll be surprised, pleasantly surprised by his behavior over the next few months," Kristol said.

"I haven't been pleasantly surprised over the last few weeks or months, though. He's had plenty of chances to be more responsible and he hasn't been."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/bill-kristol-third-party-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/2016/03/25/id/720908/?ns_mail_uid=1363643&ns_mail_job=1661289_03252016&s=al&dkt_nbr=cybn8fcx

Offline sinkspur

Re: Bill Kristol: I Hope a Third Party Candidate Comes Forward
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 02:13:06 am »
#NeverTrump. 

He's already disqualified himself.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 12:10:05 pm »
I think we all know what happens if Trump runs third party; the DEMS win and Trump/Clinton will have accomplished their goal.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 05:25:38 pm »
VIDEO

"There are a lot of fine Republicans and conservatives in the country, some of them are retired generals, some of them are businessmen, some of them are civic leaders, some of them are retired or current senators or governors.

"Let's see if anyone comes forward. Maybe it's all just a pipe dream. I'm willing to acknowledge it's possible that this won't happen."

And what would a third party be called?

"I kind of like the Federalist Party. They were a great party for the first 12 years in the republic before they went out of business. The Alexander Hamilton Party, there are a lot of good names," said Kristol, whose publication is a leading conservative opinion magazine.

"Look, I don't want to start a third party, I'm a Republican. I've voted Republican in every presidential election in my adult lifetime and virtually every Senate and governor, gubernatorial election.

So from my view, it would be an independent Republican running. It wouldn't be a third party. It would be a one-off deal...."

For now, Kristol said, he's "fine" with Sen. Ted Cruz, who is in second place behind front-runner Trump, becoming the GOP nominee.

"I've known him a long time and I think he's a good, strong conservative," he said, adding that he would also accept Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who is in a distant third and is resisting calls from some GOP notables to drop out.

"[Kasich is] a little more moderate than I am, but he's within the respectable Republican spectrum. I could live with Kasich, I wouldn't be thrilled," Kristol told Hayworth.

And could he change his mind about Trump, the billionaire developer whose brash campaign style and shoot-from-the-lip way of speaking has alienated many Republicans?

"Trump is a very skillful candidate, more than I expected. Maybe I'll be surprised, pleasantly surprised by his behavior over the next few months," Kristol said.

"I haven't been pleasantly surprised over the last few weeks or months, though. He's had plenty of chances to be more responsible and he hasn't been."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/bill-kristol-third-party-donald-trump-hillary-clinton/2016/03/25/id/720908/?ns_mail_uid=1363643&ns_mail_job=1661289_03252016&s=al&dkt_nbr=cybn8fcx
Pyle.  I truly dislike him and his ilk.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 05:29:04 pm »
Pyle.  I truly dislike him and his ilk.

His "ilk" is about 30% of Republicans, who will make it very hard for Trump and his ilk to prevail on November 8.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 06:13:10 pm »
Who cares what Kristol thinks?  He is whining his way into irrelevancy.

KMA Kristol.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 06:23:03 pm »
Who cares what Kristol thinks?  He is whining his way into irrelevancy.

KMA Kristol.
:beer:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 07:32:19 pm »
I think we all know what happens if Trump runs third party; the DEMS win and Trump/Clinton will have accomplished their goal.
That may happen no matter who runs 3d party, unless it's Crazy Bernie.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 07:59:13 pm »
Bill, sit down, shut up, and vote as you're told.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 08:24:53 pm »
Well if its Trump or Hillary many people feel that way including me.  First of all Trump can't win.  Secondly #NeverTrump.

A third party candidate probably has no chance either.  I know I won't vote for Trump for the same reasons.  He isn't Presidential.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 08:41:16 pm »
The third party nominee is Crusty the Clown.

Since we're already in crazy land, why not go all the way?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.