Author Topic: Donald Trump supporter angry at "basterd" who put Melania on cover of GQ  (Read 2886 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
 :amen: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Go get them!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Another Inglorious Trumpster is heard from, advocating electoral ass poundings and such for the crime of displaying the already-ubiquitously displayed charms of his hero's trophy wife. "Man up", indeed!
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

This is hilarious!   :silly:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

It is duly noted that Melania is not a "Hoe"........

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Her agency put her on the cover of GQ, oh yea, and she did do Playboy.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

:amen: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Go get them!

Yes, this is quite the laughing matter.  However, the photo has a copyright. 

To use it, the photo must be bought.  What's really important to me (and I hope to most) is to confirm whether or not Jeff Roe, Cruz's campaign manager, as has been reported, purchased the photo and passed it along to the SuperPac so they could add their edits and distribute.  If so, we're looking at a possible felony here.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

To use it, the photo must be bought.  What's really important to me (and I hope to most) is to confirm whether or not Jeff Roe, Cruz's campaign manager, as has been reported, purchased the photo and passed it along to the SuperPac so they could add their edits and distribute.  If so, we're looking at a possible felony here.

Couldn't it construe fair use? Melania is a public figure, and the photo was used not to take money from GQ, but to make political commentary?

IANAL

Offline ABX

As I pointed out in another thread (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you ignored it..)

First of all, the reports Roe purchased it have been dismissed. It was claimed by a blog with no evidence. Even the Trump supporting Gateway Pundit website said that report looks bogus. No legitimate source is claiming that, and even biased sources for Trump say it isn't true.

Second, if a campaign of any sort paid for usage rights of an image, they wouldn't be using a low resolution magazine scan that is all over Google.  This looks like an image some kid scanned off his home computer, not a high quality image a magazine would supply if rights-use was purchased.

Third, in the nature of politics, a campaign or PAC can claim fair use on an image that is in the public discourse.  This image is all over Google and just like the media reporting using the image, a campaign can also claim it is germane to public discourse and protected under fair use guidelines. (in the same way Trump used an image of Heidi Cruz from a Reuters snapshot that I'm sure he didn't get permission for).

Fourth, don't assume Liz Mair (who admitted she was behind it) even thought of copyright issues. Images like this are used constantly in memes and I doubt anyone even thinks of purchasing image rights.

But to make the point simpler...  OOPS, I just posted an image of Melania (rather flattering too). But that image is copywritten. How in the world did I do that?  That must be impossible.

Offline ABX

Couldn't it construe fair use? Melania is a public figure, and the photo was used not to take money from GQ, but to make political commentary?

IANAL

Exactly. In a political context (this isn't commercial use), of a public figure, for political commentary, that is protected under Fair Use. The exact same way Trump himself is able to post the image of Heidi Cruz without paying for it.  (see post above yours)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

IANAL
of
I suspect that's right.   But that's not to say someone covered their behind and sought permission from the copyright owner.   

Both Trump and Cruz appear to subscribe to a Milhousian philosophy of campaigning. 

I know I'm sounding like a broken record - there's a third guy in the race,  taking the high road,  who has more experience than the lot of 'em,  and smacks down Hillary in poll after poll.

Just sayin' he's there if you wanna.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

Facts and truth apparently matter little if at all to the anti_trumpsters.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
of
I suspect that's right.   But that's not to say someone covered their behind and sought permission from the copyright owner.   

Both Trump and Cruz appear to subscribe to a Milhousian philosophy of campaigning. 

I know I'm sounding like a broken record - there's a third guy in the race,  taking the high road,  who has more experience than the lot of 'em,  and smacks down Hillary in poll after poll.

Just sayin' he's there if you wanna.   

I voted on Super Tuesday in MA for Rubio. I Like Kasich, don't really like his immigration stance, but he would definitely be a better Prez than Trump and Hillary, and appoint better justices too.

Offline LottieDah

They did not acquire the pictures in secret.  She posed willingly for them and was paid, I assume.  They are a historical fact and were legally acquired.  Is Trump ashamed of them, or is it just another way to attack the messenger, just as he always does?

Attacking is what Trump does best.  Does he ever discuss issues?  Trump has people mixing it up which his friend Hillary Clinton remains above the fray.

Offline Frank Cannon

Nice try. Googled Jeff Roe and Melania and found nothing about the lie you are spreading. There is NO REPORT on this issue by any credible media outlet. None.

https://www.google.com/search?q=+Jeff+Roe+Malania&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=Jeff+Roe+Melania

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I voted on Super Tuesday in MA for Rubio. I Like Kasich, don't really like his immigration stance, but he would definitely be a better Prez than Trump and Hillary, and appoint better justices too.

That's what I think (although I rather like his immigration stance). 

This year the theme was supposed to be Obama fatigue, and Clinton-cronyism fatigue.  Instead it's the great GOP soap opera.  Kasich puts all eyes back on the ball.     
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 09:58:16 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

.  Does he ever discuss issues?

Yes, but you have to read posts and articles that aren't anti-Trump. A closed mind is a dark mind.

Hmmm... not sure about that WTF.  It wasn't a mere reprint of the copyright photograph;  it was edited and used in a political campaign--which is why it needed to be legally purchased.

But, you raise an interesting possibility---though I think it's a slim one.  Let's find out.  Let's find out Jeff Roe's role in this--if any-- and if he broke Federal Election Laws. 

I find it somewhat curious that most are not curious about this.   :pondering:

Nice try. Googled Jeff Roe and Melania and found nothing about the lie you are spreading. There is NO REPORT on this issue by any credible media outlet. None.   

The reports were verbal ... not print.  But if you read my posts, I do not say definitively that Roe was involved, I'm asking for more investigation into the possibility.

Why does that upset you?

Offline ABX

https://www.google.com/search?q=+Jeff+Roe+Malania&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=Jeff+Roe+Melania

A couple of less than reputable blogs posted the accusation, then immediately pulled it. Like with many things, they just want to get the lie out there and get people to start spreading it. Even Gateway Pundit that is totally in the tank for Trump called BS on that rumor.  Those that spread it knowing it is false usually just say something like 'the question has to be asked' (got that right from the Citizens for Trump forum).

Offline ABX

Hmmm... not sure about that WTF.  It wasn't a mere reprint of the copyright photograph;  it was edited and used in a political campaign--which is why it needed to be legally purchased.

As I've pointed out at least a half dozen times so far, not it doesn't. It isn't being used commercially- it is being used for political purposes and is of a subject who is of a public, political nature and for the purposes of political discourse- that falls under Fair Use provisions.

If a copyright needed to be legally purchased for the image, show me where Trump purchased the Copyright of Heidi Cruz in his various political tweets that at least one, is from Reuters news service.

Wingnut

Attacking is what Trump does best.  Does he ever discuss issues? 

Trump has never found an issue he could not take 4 sides with.  It's how he rolls.  He's a Joker, a toker and a midnight stroker.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 12:02:15 am by Wingnut »

Wingnut

LOL.  You did it again.

Steve Miller made me do it!

But I know Rat...I know.  The Penquins are gonna whack my knuckles for that one!