Author Topic: Cruz to Trump: ‘Donald, you’re a sniveling coward. Leave Heidi the hell alone.’  (Read 1240 times)

Offline sinkspur

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/24/cruz-to-trump-donald-youre-a-sniveling-coward-leave-heidi-the-hell-alone/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_pp-trump-cruz-520pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

Cruz to Trump: ‘Donald, you’re a sniveling coward. Leave Heidi the hell alone.’

By David Weigel March 24 at 3:47 PM 

DANE, Wis. — Donald Trump’s ability to roil the presidential race with a few swipes of a smartphone was revealed again in Wisconsin. Before a visit to a factory, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) — the only Republican currently stumping here — had to field questions about the week’s second late-night Trump tweet that mocked the senator’s wife, Heidi.

“Our spouses and our children are off bounds,” Cruz said. “It is not acceptable for a big, loud New York bully to attack my wife. It is not acceptable for him to make insults, to send nasty tweets — and I don’t know what he does late at night, but he tends to do these at about 11:30 at night, I assume when his fear is at the highest point.”

The source of Cruz’s ire seemed, as has become Trump’s habit, petty and puerile. Trump, who has no public appearances scheduled until a March 29 rally in nearby Janesville, was angered by a Web ad from the tiny Make America Awesome PAC, allegedly targeted at Mormon voters, that displayed a salacious photo of the mogul’s wife, Melania, from a magazine shoot and warned that she could become first lady unless Utahans caucused for Cruz.

The PAC has no relationship to Cruz, but on Tuesday night, Trump warned that he would “spill the beans” about Heidi Cruz; on Wednesday night he retweeted someone who compared an unflattering photo of Mrs. Cruz to a glamorous one of Mrs. Trump.

In Dane, where Cruz had come to tell blue-collar workers about his economic plan, he seemed physically repulsed by having to respond to this.

“Heidi,” the senator said, before looking down and pausing for several seconds. “She is the daughter of Christian missionaries. She lived in Africa as a little girl. She is an unbelievable mom. We’ve got two little girls, 7 and 5, Caroline and Catherine. They’re going to join us on the road, and I tell you, I’m not looking forward to telling the girls why Donald Trump is launching insults and attacks at their mother. It is not acceptable. Real men don’t bully women.”

He tried to move on, discussing the size of his Utah victory (and not mentioning his defeat in Arizona), but was asked if it was getting “harder to respect” Trump.

“It’s not easy to tick me off,” Cruz said. “I don’t get angry often. But you mess with my wife, you mess with my kids, that’ll do it every time. Donald, you’re a sniveling coward. Leave Heidi the hell alone.”

Cruz’s daughters, in fact, have been the rare human beings immune from Trump’s insults. But Cruz’s tone echoed the one he revealed when Washington Post cartoonist Ann Telnaes published a caricature of his daughters as monkeys dancing at the instruction of their organ-grinder father. The Post took down the online animated cartoon.

Now, as then, Cruz zoomed around a follow-up question about whether he could ever support Trump as a Republican nominee.

“I’m going to beat him for the nomination,” he said. “Donald Trump will not be the nominee. The reason why Republicans are coming together and uniting is that Donald Trump is a train wreck.”
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

David Freddoso
‏@freddoso

Trump follows up unprovoked attack on another man's wife w an unfounded accusation of a federal crime

Offline sinkspur

Trump could end this, but he is too juvenile to do so.

Trump is obsessed with looks, mostly other peoples' looks. He'll do this against Hillary and it will kill him in the election.

A-Lert

Trump is obsessed with looks, mostly other peoples' looks. He'll do this against Hillary and it will kill him in the election.

How can he be the candidate when all the polls you post show he is the least favorable?

A-Lert

One of the most appalling things about Trump out of millions of appalling things is his habit of name calling in order to deflect truthful criticism of himself.  Cruz was hitting Trump over and over on his flip-flopping so not Trump always calls him "lying Cruz."  Cruz was not lying, but the adolescent smear works anyway, at least with his foolhardy followers.

Maybe he gets that from the ant-iTrumps.

Offline sinkspur

How can he be the candidate when all the polls you post show he is the least favorable?

Hopefully he won't be.  But, if he is, you can be sure he'll go after Hillary's looks. 

He tells that dumbassed story about the snake, not realizing the irony of it.

Trump is the snake.

Offline sinkspur

EricaGrieder ‏@EricaGrieder  12m12 minutes ago

Also (sigh) @realDonaldTrump's latest wife tweet refers to "the GQ cover pic." It wasn't a cover pic. He's just THAT insecure & pathological

Offline NavyCanDo

David Freddoso
‏@freddoso

Trump follows up unprovoked attack on another man's wife w an unfounded accusation of a federal crime

This SOB practices Saul Alinsky’s 12 Rules for Radicals far better than Obama ever did.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

This SOB practices Saul Alinsky’s 12 Rules for Radicals far better than Obama ever did.

He's a master at it.

And yet....................... he's got a third of Republican primary voters lapping it up..........   **nononono*

(I used to think the Republican party was a cut above.  No more.  No more.)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

He's a master at it.

And yet....................... he's got a third of Republican primary voters lapping it up..........   **nononono*

(I used to think the Republican party was a cut above.  No more.  No more.)

Yes, it is a sad thing to see. Especially when we see people close to us involved in this cult of personality. And yes I am not ashamed to call it what it is.   My oldest sister and her husband judging by their flood of pro-Trump FB post have fallen hard. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

Yes, it is a sad thing to see. Especially when we see people close to us involved in this cult of personality. And yes I am not ashamed to call it what it is.   My oldest sister and her husband judging by their flood of pro-Trump FB post have fallen hard.

The thing that disturbs me most is that the cult of 'personality' is for one who has such a debauched personality.  It's not like a cult for Ronald Reagan, who was a cool guy, and classy.  It's a cult for a total jerk.

I will never, if I live to be 100, understand what's happened to people who ought to know better.......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Agreed that Trump is too juvenile, however, I would lay you odds that he will leave Hillary alone; his purpose is to make sure Hillary is seated in the White House.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

Agreed that Trump is too juvenile, however, I would lay you odds that he will leave Hillary alone; his purpose is to make sure Hillary is seated in the White House.

That's an interesting thought, libertybele.  I still think the "stalking horse for Hillary" argument is probable, and if that's indeed the case, he will leave her alone, since he wants his good friends, Bill and Hillary to return to the WH.......

A-Lert

Bankrupt Trump needs to stop distracting from his own failures by commenting on other people's looks, especially women.

Who are all these people whose looks you claim he's commented upon? I 've seen plenty of comments posted here on Trump's appearance. I guess that is acceptable to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Right_in_Virginia

David Freddoso
‏@freddoso   

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

A-Lert

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/news/a44629/donald-trump-insults-women/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/18-real-things-donald-trump-has-said-about-women_us_55d356a8e4b07addcb442023

http://fortune.com/2015/08/09/trump-insult-women-history/

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/11/27/politics/donald-trump-insults-groups-list/

Next.

I've seen worse written about Rosie O'Donnell and Arianna Huffington.  It's factual.

In his 2006 book Trump 101: The Way to Success, Trump wrote: “Beauty and elegance, whether in a woman, a building, or a work of art, is not just superficial or something pretty to see.”

How is that an insult to women? More specifically a woman?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.