Author Topic: New Round of Polls Shows Clinton Crushing Trump In General Election Match Up  (Read 1021 times)

Online libertybele

In the past most polls show Clinton consistently winning over Trump; this latest one shows she will beat Trump by a landslide.

A new round of polls shows Hillary Clinton crushing Donald Trump in a general-election matchup

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton bested Donald Trump in a new slew of hypothetical head-to-head matchups between the two presidential candidates.

Several surveys released over the past few days have shown Clinton regaining a commanding lead over Trump in a potential head-to-head matchup, a scenario that appears increasingly likely as both candidates inch closer to clinching their respective parties' nominations.

A Fox News poll released on Wednesday showed Clinton with an 11-point lead over Trump, while a CBS/New York Times poll published earlier this week found Clinton with a 10-point lead over Trump. A Bloomberg survey on Wednesday put the gap even wider, with Clinton leading Trump by 18 points.

Of the seven major national polls conducted this month and recognized by RealClearPolitics, the closest Trump came to victory in a hypothetical race was in a Quinnipiac University poll. That survey, released last week, found the real-estate magnate trailing Clinton by six points.

This month's polls represent a somewhat notable shift from February, when some showed Trump and Clinton in a virtual dead heat. One Quinnipiac University poll conducted in early February displayed Trump within two points, while a USA Today/Suffolk University poll conducted around the same time had Trump ahead by two points.

Many polling experts caution against reading too much into head-to-head polls before candidates clinch the nomination, as perceptions of candidates can change as rivals are eliminated and the actual general-election campaign moves into full swing.

Still, Republicans have increasingly made the case over the past few weeks that nominating Trump would be devastating for Republican candidates up and down the ballot.

Speaking to reporters after an event in Manhattan on Wednesday, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz embraced his role as the Republican candidate most poised to beat Trump. He said that nominating the real-estate magnate "hands the general election to Hillary Clinton," while touting recent high-profile endorsements from an array of Republican establishment leaders.

Cruz said:

What we have seen, and we see this every day, is Republicans uniting. In the last 10 days, our campaign has been endorsed by Jeb Bush, by Mitt Romney, by [Utah Sen.] Mike Lee, and [conservative radio host] Mark Levin. That's about as broad a spectrum of the Republican Party, across the ideological spectrum.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, who has endorsed Cruz despite his reservations about the candidate, said on Thursday that Ohio Gov. John Kasich would be a better president than Cruz and had the best shot at winning in the general election. The recent surveys, in fact, have shown Kasich ahead of Clinton in theoretical matchups.

But Graham said that Cruz was the only person who could win the Republican primary and the general election, as Kasich cannot amass enough delegates to win the nomination before this summer's Republican National Convention.

"I think John Kasich would be the best nominee, but he doesn't have a chance," Graham said during a Thursday "Morning Joe" appearance.

He added: "We can lose in 2016, and we probably will. Trump gets wiped out. Ted makes it competitive. I don't know if he can beat her or not, but at least we got a fighting chance."

http://freebeacon.com/politics/free-beacon-poll-cruz-expands-lead-over-trump-in-wisconsin/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
These polls are a function of all the negative campaigning driving up everyone's negatives.  Kasich is unscathed because he is behind and no one has attacked him.  I used to think that Trump would win handily against Hitlery, but now I think his act is growing very, very thin.  He will be gasping for air by the time the convention rolls around.  Wisconsin will be the turning point.  Trump is going to get routed in Wisconsin, and after that there will be no path for a first ballot nomination for him.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

These polls are a function of all the negative campaigning driving up everyone's negatives.  Kasich is unscathed because he is behind and no one has attacked him.  I used to think that Trump would win handily against Hitlery, but now I think his act is growing very, very thin.

Well, what's growing very, very thin is Saint Rafael's whole "face of God", fulfillment of the Prophet storyline. What Independent is going to vote for a religious zealot--who is also a royal hypocrite?  And how many women are going to vote for a serial adulterer who also wants to outlaw abortion? 

So, I'm guessing you think only Kasich could win against Hillary.  Have I got that right?

Offline MACVSOG68

Well, what's growing very, very thin is Saint Rafael's whole "face of God", fulfillment of the Prophet storyline. What Independent is going to vote for a religious zealot--who is also a royal hypocrite?  And how many women are going to vote for a serial adulterer who also wants to outlaw abortion? 

So, I'm guessing you think only Kasich could win against Hillary.  Have I got that right?

Victor has a good point.  And actually so do you.  Cruz has problems even if none of the recent revelations are true.  But Trump's shtick can't make it forever without some transition from rally god to president.  If Trump can't bring it home before the convention, Kasich may well pick up the pieces.  I'm always curious why Trump supporters never recognize the polling showing how he fares against Hillary, but constantly talk about the polls showing him winning various primary states.  We've got to put the best candidate forward who can beat Hillary.  We're getting past the wishful thinking stage now and better get serious. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline LottieDah

These polls are a function of all the negative campaigning driving up everyone's negatives.  Kasich is unscathed because he is behind and no one has attacked him.  I used to think that Trump would win handily against Hitlery, but now I think his act is growing very, very thin.  He will be gasping for air by the time the convention rolls around.  Wisconsin will be the turning point.  Trump is going to get routed in Wisconsin, and after that there will be no path for a first ballot nomination for him.

It is a sad time in America when Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders behave like adults and are perceived as Presidential.  Trump hasn't got a snow ball's chance in hell of winning the general election.  His negatives keep piling up.

Online libertybele

Trump has brought the 'negative' focus to the GOP and has concentrated on taking out his opponents; meanwhile Hillary has for the most part enjoyed an attack free campaign and perhaps that is why her favorability remains high. Hopefully that will end after the GOP nomination and someone will finally go after her? I agree that Wisconsin will be the turning point and Trump knows it.  Interesting how all this negativity is now coming out about Cruz just days before the Wisconsin primary where Cruz is now polling ahead.  I still think Cruz will be our nominee.  The GOP is starting to rally around him, if only to stop Trump, but it could still give him some more momentum.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

So, I'm guessing y

ou think only Kasich could win against Hillary.  Have I got that right?

You're so funny.  You actually BELIEVE the Trump-planted story about Cruz's adulteries?  Not even the MSM media give that any credibility.  Plus, Trump's attack on Cruz's wife has irreparably damaged his position with women--his unfavorables with women are at 75%.  Can't win with that number, alone.

Your boy is going down. Latest Wisconsin poll shows Trump losing TEN POINTS there since the end of February:

Ted Cruz holds a modest lead over Donald Trump in Wisconsin two weeks before that state’s winner-take-all Republican primary, according to a new Washington Free Beacon poll.
The Basswood Research survey of 500 likely Republican primary voters, conducted on March 19 and 20, shows the Texas senator leading Trump by 4.8 points, 36.2 to 31.4. Ohio Gov. John Kasich trails with 20.8.
Cruz’s lead expands dramatically in a head-to-head contest with Trump. If Kasich were to drop out before the primary, 47.8 percent of respondents say they would back Cruz, compared to just 36.2 percent for Trump.

- See more at: http://freebeacon.com/politics/free-beacon-poll-cruz-expands-lead-over-trump-in-wisconsin/#sthash.viNAbvA9.dpuf
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

I think it will take him getting crushed by Hillary to wake the 37% out of their Trump Trance. And a Trance is the only word I can think of to explain the phenomena. For example my oldest sister and her husband, strong evangelicals both,  just posted on FB  an article  from something called the MorningStar Prophetic Bulletin a story entitled   “Is Trump the One?”  , and in it the author writes “ Most seem to think that Trump is either a messenger from the Messiah or from the antichrist”----then he goes on supporting the first argument, that Trump may be a new-age Prophet. Backing up his argument is that God did not select the best of society when choosing Prophets of the Old Testament, and Jesus choosing His disciples.

This is a sick, and it saddens me members of my own family have fallen so deeply.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Victor has a good point.  And actually so do you.  Cruz has problems even if none of the recent revelations are true.  But Trump's shtick can't make it forever without some transition from rally god to president.  If Trump can't bring it home before the convention, Kasich may well pick up the pieces.  I'm always curious why Trump supporters never recognize the polling showing how he fares against Hillary, but constantly talk about the polls showing him winning various primary states.  We've got to put the best candidate forward who can beat Hillary.  We're getting past the wishful thinking stage now and better get serious.

Agree completely.  And very well said.

The argument the polls are making is becoming compelling.   Trump gets trounced, in poll after poll after poll.  No outliers.  And Kasich prevails in poll after poll after poll.  No outliers.    The polls are sending us a warning, but also clueing us in to an opportunity.  Hillary CAN be beaten.   We CAN retain the Senate.   There CAN be light at the end of the tunnel.

The choice is up to us.   
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 03:45:34 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline GourmetDan

It is a sad time in America when Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders behave like adults and are perceived as Presidential.  Trump hasn't got a snow ball's chance in hell of winning the general election.  His negatives keep piling up.

Hillary Clintoon and Bernie Sanders are both in a boat... which sinks... who survives?

AMERICA!   :silly:

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan