Author Topic: Poetry prof vows 9-1-1 calls during all ROTC drills. Instructor: 'We don't need to feel under physical attack'  (Read 825 times)

rangerrebew

Poetry prof vows 9-1-1 calls during all ROTC drills
Instructor: 'We don't need to feel under physical attack'
Published: 8 hours ago

A professor at the University of North Dakota has vowed to call 9-1-1 every time future U.S. military officers conduct ROTC drills outside her window.

Snap! Find out how and why the Obama Left is driving millions of Americans over the cliff into depression, family breakdown, violence, mental illness and addiction – and how to stop it! – in David Kupelian’s blockbuster “The Snapping of the American Mind.”

Heidi Czerwiec, an associate professor who specializes in poetry, wrote a letter to the Grand Forks Herald complaining about a recent experience with future military leaders. Her complaint, titled, “Military maneuvers startle already-stressed UND campus,” laments the need to drill with weapons.

“I look up from my office computer to see two figures in camo with guns outside my window. My first thought is for my students’ and my safety: I grab my phone, crawl under my desk and call 911. The dispatcher keeps me on the line until someone can see if ROTC is doing maneuvers,” Czerwiec wrote Sunday.

image: http://www.wnd.com/files/2016/03/Heidi-Czerwiec-UND.jpg
Heidi Czerwiec (Photo: University of North Dakota screenshot)

Heidi Czerwiec (Photo: University of North Dakota)

The professor was eventually contacted by the university and scolded for calling in an emergency for approved ROTC training. Her response after learning that drills would continue for two more weeks was to promise to call in false alarms.

“So I reply that I guess I’ll be calling 9-1-1 for the next couple weeks and I will. Every time,” Czerwiec wrote. “It’s not my job to decide whether people carrying guns at school are an actual threat. It’s my job to teach and to get home to my family. It’s already highly inappropriate to conduct unnecessary military maneuvers in the middle of the quad. But with school shootings on the increase and tensions at UND running high, it’s especially irresponsible. We’re already under financial and emotional attack. We don’t need to feel under physical attack, too.”

UND spokesmen Peter Johnson issued a statement on Monday after Czerwiec’s letter started going viral, the education watchdog Campus Reform reported.

“We did send an email notifying all students, faculty and staff that ROTC would be holding exercises throughout the spring in the Quad portion of campus. But we recognize that the notification wasn’t sufficient,” Johnson said. “We provide a safe environment for our students, faculty and staff but in this instance we could have done a better job of helping students and employees know that this was a safe training exercise.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/poetry-prof-vows-9-1-1-calls-during-all-rotc-drills/#pUV1tMmbKqHSXliA.99

Bill Cipher

Go right ahead.  She'll soon enough find out what it feels like to be cuffed, stuffed, and prosecuted for filing false reports and abusing the 911 system.

rangerrebew

Go right ahead.  She'll soon enough find out what it feels like to be cuffed, stuffed, and prosecuted for filing false reports and abusing the 911 system.

Can't that be a felony?

rangerrebew

Maybe she prefers the solitude of a prison cell to write her beautiful verse. :silly:

Wingnut

Bill Cipher

Oh My.

Oh my is right.  My sainted granny used to tell me not to say anything if I couldn't say something nice, so mum's the word.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Somehow I don't think the police are going to find her little self-righteous pope complex very amusing.
The Republic is lost.