Author Topic: Gawker Releases Damning Photos of Ivanka Trump’s Footwear Line—and Dad Won’t Be Happy  (Read 2062 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Funny thing is, frankly, I would prefer Ivanka over her dad.

Presidential hopeful Donald Trump has made it pretty clear that he wants to bring jobs from China back into the U.S – simply because “American companies make a better product.”

Well, a leaked photo published to Gawker by tipster Mike Twombly at a Bloomingdales on 59th St. in New York might upset The Donald when he sees it.

The photo features a series of boxes for his daughter Ivanka Trump’s fashion line, “Marc Fisher.”

http://injo.com/2016/03/567340-gawker-releases-damning-photos-of-ivanka-trumps-footwear-line-and-dad-wont-be-happy/?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=afternoon-newsletter&utm_medium=owned

Online mountaineer

Does anyone in the USA make shoes anymore? I'm pretty sure the unions destroyed that industry.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

Does anyone in the USA make shoes anymore? I'm pretty sure the unions destroyed that industry.

Well having a hot high maintenance wife, Americans shoes wouldn't be acceptable anyway. Italy is the only place to grow nice shoes and sometimes France. But China!?!?!? And Ivanka shoes are not on the cheap side either.

Offline kevindavis007

I believe that New Balance shoes are made in America..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online mountaineer

They are, for the most part. This is from their website:
made in usa

We’re proud to be the only major company to make or assemble more than 4 million pairs of athletic footwear per year in the USA, which represents a limited portion of our US sales. Where the domestic value is at least 70%, we label our shoes Made in the USA
I refuse to purchase Nike shoes, and NB is my first choice.   I used to live in St. Louis, where Brown Shoe (as in Buster Brown) was headquartered. It went kaput many years ago.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well having a hot high maintenance wife, Americans shoes wouldn't be acceptable anyway. Italy is the only place to grow nice shoes and sometimes France. But China!?!?!? And Ivanka shoes are not on the cheap side either.

Cheap Chinese shoes are a part of the "exclusive" scam,just like his alleged "intelligence".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline kevindavis007

They are, for the most part. This is from their website:I refuse to purchase Nike shoes, and NB is my first choice.   I used to live in St. Louis, where Brown Shoe (as in Buster Brown) was headquartered. It went kaput many years ago.

I buy shoes that is best for my pocket book, and I think that Nike is overpriced crap.. NB is my first choice as well.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

LL Bean. I buy all my boots from them for that very reason. You pay a little more,but you get boots that last years instead of months.

Offline Frank Cannon

LL Bean. I buy all my boots from them for that very reason. You pay a little more,but you get boots that last years instead of months.

Do they still warranty their duck boots for life? My grandmother had a pair and when the leather or rubber would fail, she would ship them up to Freeport and they would fix them for free. Those damn things were over 50 years old when she checked out.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 12:37:28 am by Frank Cannon »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Do they still warranty their duck boots for life? My grandmother had a pair and when the leather or rubber would fail, she would ship them up to Freeport and they would fix them for free. Those damn things were over 50 years old when she checked out.

I don't know. I live in a marshy area now,so the ones I order have a rubber bottom and leather uppers. Been wearing the current pair around 4 years so far,and I',ll be shocked if they don't last another 4  years. Or even longer. All I remember about the warranty is that it was a really good one and unnecessary.

Can't beat them for service,either. I have very wide feet,and the first pair they sent me were too tight,so they when I called them to get a new pair they sent me the next size larger out that very day with expedited shipping,and told me to use that box to send back the first pair,and the return shipping was even free.

Flat out,I don't care who else sells these boots because it is irrelevant to me. I will be buying my next pair from LL Bean,also.

BTW,as for being expensive,the last pair of these boots I bought from Target cost almost 30 bucks,and didn't last 2 years before the rubber was cracking,the glue was coming apart,and my feet were getting wet. I THINK I paid about 80 bucks for the Bean boots,and have already been wearing them for 4 years. You tell me which are cheaper.

If you want to buy boots or shoes made in America that are top quality,buy with confidence from LL.Bean.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 12:56:02 am by sneakypete »

Online Right_in_Virginia

:facepalm2:  Words fail me.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
What a way to create jobs in America!  Question for Trump supporters??  Does this apply to Trump also??

Donald Trump's Entirely Ridiculous Idea Of A 45% Tax On Chinese Imports

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2016/01/08/donald-trumps-entirely-ridiculous-idea-of-a-45-tax-on-chinese-imports/#46ad8a8877f6
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Oooh, expensive man made materials. (cheap)  Like the steaks you pay for the Trump name.  Suckers.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/ivanka-trump-shoes?campaign=1012boutiquep01&cm_sp=P01-_-1012boutiquep01-_-boutique_shop
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Oooh, expensive man made materials. (cheap)  Like the steaks you pay for the Trump name.  Suckers.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/ivanka-trump-shoes?campaign=1012boutiquep01&cm_sp=P01-_-1012boutiquep01-_-boutique_shop

Wow! They used to be at least all leather Chinese heels. Now they're plastic garbage. That's terrible and they are over a hundred bucks too.

Offline NavyCanDo

Not sure how this turned into a thread about where most shoes are made.  I think most of us have on our feet right now shoes made outside the country.  The real story here is how Trump is disingenuous about bringing jobs back to America. His clothing line, his ties, his daughters shoe line - all exposure of his lies, and playing you his Trump supporters for fools.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 12:21:58 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

A-Lert

Some, not all.

Offline Frank Cannon

Not sure how this turned into a thread about where most shoes are made.  I think most of have on our feet right now shoes made outside the country.  The real story here is how Trump is disingenuous about bringing jobs back to America. His clothing line, his ties, his daughters shoe line - all exposure of his lies, and playing you his Trump supporters for fools.

My shoes were made in America. Because of the Obama economy I wear Kleenex boxes on my feet. Sometimes I add some pages of the Yellow Pages for insoles. Adds some nice insulation and support on cold days.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Wow! They used to be at least all leather Chinese heels. Now they're plastic garbage. That's terrible and they are over a hundred bucks too.

And they are going to sell tons of these 3 dollar shoes for 100+ bucks,too. All because of the trendy people out there that buy due to "Name Fame",just like the fools that pay 100+ bucks for 2 dollar sneakers because they have the name of some tall freak that plays basketball on them.

After all,if you wear the shoes with these rich people's names on them,you can marry a billionaire too,or play in the NBA. Everybody knows that,right

Offline libertybele

Not sure how this turned into a thread about where most shoes are made.  I think most of have on our feet right now shoes made outside the country.  The real story here is how Trump is disingenuous about bringing jobs back to America. His clothing line, his ties, his daughters shoe line - all exposure of his lies, and playing you his Trump supporters for fools.

:amen:  In other words... Trump IS a liar and a FRAUD!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not sure how this turned into a thread about where most shoes are made.  I think most of us have on our feet right now shoes made outside the country.  The real story here is how Trump is disingenuous about bringing jobs back to America. His clothing line, his ties, his daughters shoe line - all exposure of his lies, and playing you his Trump supporters for fools.

What's wrong with telling people where they can buy quality American-made shoes on  a thread about Chinese shoes?

Offline ABX

Don't worry, Don will force them back with high tariffs.

Offline ABX

Offline ABX

That was the original point. A good way to know if someone is just spouting platitudes or if he actually means it is to look at how he operates with his own money and business. Almost everything he claims to want to do, he did the opposite when his own money is on the line. From producing products outside the US, to hiring foreign workers over American workers, to even hiring illegal aliens. It shows his words and promises are, well, how Shakespeare put it-- A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.