Author Topic: The Insane Campaign of Kasich  (Read 690 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
The Insane Campaign of Kasich
« on: March 23, 2016, 02:50:23 pm »
The Insane Campaign of John Kasich

The GOP primary is a battle between Donald Trump and Ted Cruz. This has been fairly obvious since at least Super Tuesday, and it is overwhelmingly obvious today. The campaign of John Kasich is a joke, and not a particularly funny one, unless you like humor at the expense of the GOP and conservatism. Yet the media and GOP establishment has largely failed to call Kasich out. But with his embarrassing losses in Utah and Arizona yesterday (incredibly, it appears he lost the latter even to Rubio, who has been out of the race for a week now), it is long past time to throw Kasich’s campaign into the ash heap of history. The media plays up Kasich’s candidacy for two reasons: First, Kasich has taken more-liberal positions during the campaign, and has criticized the tone and substance of more-conservative candidates. And the media love Republicans who criticize other Republicans from the left. Second, the media know that, as Mitt Romney recently said, “A vote for Kasich is a vote for Trump.” The liberal media would love to have Trump as the nominee because he embodies their caricatures of Republicans, because he is entertaining copy, and, most important, because he will almost certainly deliver a victory to their preferred candidate, Hillary Clinton. While Cruz and Clinton are roughly in a dead heat in RealClearPolitics polling averages, Trump trails Clinton by a whopping ten points. While it is certainly possible that any GOP candidate could beat someone with Clinton’s obvious weaknesses, it seems far more likely that Trump would send the GOP down to an ignominious Mondale-style defeat which, when combined with Trump’s dissents from traditional GOP positions on a host of issues, will leave the party adrift and decimated. For the liberal media, this is a dream scenario: Great copy and a catastrophic Republican defeat that will ripple down the ballot to Congress and the state elections. But if the media’s motivations for promoting Kasich’s Potemkin campaign are obvious, it is harder to intuit the motivations of the GOP establishment other than to assume that their visceral distaste for Cruz has completely overwhelmed their ability to think rationally about their own interests or that of their party. They may have good reason to loathe Cruz, but it should be overwhelmingly clear to them that, if they care about conservatism or appealing to emerging demographics, or simply if they put any belief in polls, Cruz is infinitely preferable to Trump as a nominee and the continuation of Kasich’s campaign helps Trump. Of course, more-liberal or establishment-oriented GOP voters are certainly entitled to prefer Kasich to Trump or Cruz and vote accordingly. But they must own the fact that they are not simply casting a symbolic protest vote a la Ron Paul voters in 2008 or 2012. The practical consequences of their choice will make Trump the nominee. Not for nothing did National Review’s own Rich Lowry recently say that “Kasich is playing a selfish and delusional role.”

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/433127/john-kasich-campaign-helps-donald-trump-insane
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:51:16 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: The Insane Campaign of Kasich
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 03:01:58 pm »
I know there are not a lot of Glenn Beck fans here - but Beck did a great job connecting the dots between George Soros and John Kasich, and why he is staying in despite having zero chance of earning enough delegates.   $700,000 buys you a lot.   And either a  Trump win or a contested convention (doesn't matter to Soros which) will trigger Chaos, which is what he is really paying for.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 03:24:59 pm »
I know there are not a lot of Glenn Beck fans here - but Beck did a great job connecting the dots between George Soros and John Kasich, and why he is staying in despite having zero chance of earning enough delegates.   $700,000 buys you a lot.   And either a  Trump win or a contested convention (doesn't matter to Soros which) will trigger Chaos, which is what he is really paying for.

Navy, I'm a Glenn Beck listener.  But, then I can separate the schtick from the message. 

And, yes, he did do a great job of connecting those and other dots.  ANYBODY who takes money from Soros is corrupted.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 05:12:33 pm »
I'm no Kasich fan, and by all rights he should get out, but in terms of Cruz's campaign and strategy, the next contests after WTA Wisconsin are a bunch of WTA northeastern states and a couple of proportional ones with PA mixed. These are areas where Kasich is likely to do good. If he can pick off a couple he'll roadblock Trump.

Tue, Apr 5   Wisconsin   42 (WTA)   Open
Tue, Apr 19   New York   95 (P)   Closed   
Tue, Apr 26   Connecticut 28 (P)   Closed   
Tue, Apr 26   Delaware   16 (WTA)   Closed   
Tue, Apr 26   Maryland   118   38 (WTA)   Closed   
Tue, Apr 26   Pennsylvania 71 (P, WTA)   Closed   
Tue, Apr 26   Rhode Island 19 (P)   Mixed   

Read more at http://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2016-presidential-primary-schedule-calendar/#lgh2jpo4vbxPBPmr.99

Edited to strike 118 for Maryland, the Dem delegate count for that state.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:23:53 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 01:21:43 am »
I'm no Kasich fan, and by all rights he should get out, but in terms of Cruz's campaign and strategy, the next contests after WTA Wisconsin are a bunch of WTA northeastern states and a couple of proportional ones with PA mixed. These are areas where Kasich is likely to do good. If he can pick off a couple he'll roadblock Trump.

Read more at http://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2016-presidential-primary-schedule-calendar/#lgh2jpo4vbxPBPmr.99

Kasich is likely to do well, but if he drops out Cruz is likely to do even better ... just my humble opinion.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 02:10:49 am »

That is the idea.   Tag-team Trump to deny him the nomination on the first ballot, and then leave it to the delegates to vote their consciences, their intellects,  their pragmatism. 

Kasich needs key endorsements,  and quickly.  And the biggest endorsement of all may be Rubio,  who if he would team with Kasich would immediately give the idea of an ELECTABLE conservative team real credence.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 03:13:09 am »

Kasich and Soros believe in the same globalist agenda. That is why he is proud to take the money. Simple as that.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 03:22:19 am »
Kasich should get out.  He is a spoiler and I am sure he knows it.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 04:26:25 am »
Kasich is likely to do well, but if he drops out Cruz is likely to do even better ... just my humble opinion.

I've been mulling that, forgetting earlier that they are probably just starting to vote absentee and we won't have the issue we had with AZ where many early voters checked for Rubio before he dropped. Cruz may do well just on the anti-Trump aspect.
The Republic is lost.