Author Topic: For you Trumpets: the NUMBERS!  (Read 7067 times)

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
For you Trumpets: the NUMBERS!
« on: March 22, 2016, 09:41:37 pm »
There is growing concern over Trumps numbers:

Trump has YET to take over 50% of the vote, he may later, but has not scored yet AND out of almost 20 M votes cast, Trump has only grabbed 7.54 M votes:  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/republican_vote_count.html

Trump has YET to beat Clinton in any legit poll if its heads up for the crown:  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Then we have a MAJOR Trump point which is:  "I am self funded"!  Yea, but for how long?  I will GUESS thru the nomination, but after than he needs a $Billion ++++ LARGE to go heads up with Hilda.

FOLKS, the focus is on winning the game, not just the nomination, ask Romney and all those who have have placed second in the election over the past couple hundred years.

Time to take off the rose colored glasses and deal with reality that will very soon begin to set in.

Don't get me wrong, this is NOT a bash Trump, these (above) are FACTS.  I like Trump a LOT.
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline aligncare

Re: For you Trumpets: the NUMBERS!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 10:23:24 pm »

So far, Donald Trump has two million more votes than any other candidate. Bye-bye, any other candidate!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 10:37:42 pm »
Delegates, ac.  Votes don't matter if he doesn't get the delegates.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 11:29:26 pm »

Then, I just wanted to correct this, which was misleading:

Trump has YET to take over 50% of the vote, he may later, but has not scored yet AND out of almost 20 M votes cast, Trump has only grabbed 7.54 M votes:  http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/republican_vote_count.html

Yes, 7.54 million votes. But which is 2 million more then the next competitor! Which speaks to a general election blowout for Donald J Trump!

Sorry, I don't see all the doom and gloom the original poster saw.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 11:31:11 pm »
So far, Donald Trump has two million more votes than any other candidate. Bye-bye, any other candidate!
That does NOT matter, we are past that...what matters is who becomes POTUS, winning the nomination is not enough, ask Romney...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Bill Cipher

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 11:31:41 pm »

Yes, 7.54 million votes. But which is 2 million more then the next competitor! Which speaks to a general election blowout for Donald J Trump!

Are you kidding?  There is absolutely no way you can extrapolate from votes in a partisan primary to the general election.  The way Trump is going he'll be lucky to get many votes in the general other than his primary voters.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 11:32:16 pm »
Which speaks to a general election blowout for Donald J Trump!

:facepalm2:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 11:33:00 pm »

Trump had a very large number of competitors that split the vote. Can you see my rationale here?

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 11:33:56 pm »
Trump had a very large number of competitors that split the vote. Can you see my rationale here?

No. Please elaborate.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 11:34:28 pm »

Nope.  Not in the least.  Please explain the logic behind making a linear extrapolation from intraparty primary results to general election results. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 11:38:16 pm »
In November, if he is the party nominee, he'd be running against someone altogether different. Bubbette is not Lindsay Graham.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 11:41:53 pm »

He is the weakest frontrunner the GOP has had since Ford based on votes being cast. It's pathetic considering the high GOP turnout.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 11:43:29 pm »
So, which of the OTHER candidates have better numbers than Trump? 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Bill Cipher

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 11:44:54 pm »

Trump has the worst numbers going up against Clinton.  That is ultimately what matters. 

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 11:46:26 pm »

Kasich, Rubio, Cruz.

Yes even Ted Cruz comes within winning distance to HRC. Trump loses badly.

Rubio and Kasich completely smoke her.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 11:53:58 pm »

Rose colored glasses make you blind:

8,651,128  Votes for HildaBeast, over 1 M more than Trump

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2016, 12:00:09 am »
In November, if he is the party nominee, he'd be running against someone altogether different. Bubbette is not Lindsay Graham.

Some republicans expected Lindsey Graham to beat Hillary. Some republicans expected Jeb Bush to still be in the race. Some Republicans expected Trump to fade at 15%...you know where I'm going with this.

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2016, 12:09:48 am »
Some republicans expected Lindsey Graham to beat Hillary. Some republicans expected Jeb Bush to still be in the race. Some Republicans expected Trump to fade at 15%...you know where I'm going with this.
No not really, you are looking in the rear view mirror and I am looking forward down the road, I am concerned about wining the game and you seem to be concerned about winning a state.

Trump has got a wining hand for the nomination and at the very best he will be extremely hard to beat either in delegates or if brokered the GOP public sway should put him over the top.  That is merely a battle, its the war we have to win.

IMO the way Trump wins the war is to pick the right VP.  Trump is not pulling from deep in the GOP, but if he can pick a solid VP and think they can run the ball all the way.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2016, 12:23:42 am »
Rose colored glasses make you blind:

8,651,128  Votes for HildaBeast, over 1 M more than Trump

Make no mistake, the increase in voter turnout this election is due to Donald Trump. A large chunk of those are democrats and independents, which represent a very large sampling of the rest of the country.

Faced with a badly damaged and flawed democrat candidate in Hillary, voters will vote for and elect Donald Trump in droves.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 12:24:00 am »
Kasich, Rubio, Cruz.

:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 12:31:45 am »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2016, 12:37:46 am »

Best numbers for Hillary since Trump got in the race.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2016, 12:39:11 am »
Kasich, Rubio, Cruz.

Even Cruz.  Right.  Was this a serious post?  Rubio couldn't  and Kasich can't  Cruz is the only one that can.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:40:35 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2016, 12:39:50 am »
Even Cruz.  Right.  Was this a serious post.  Rubio couldn't  and Kasich can't  Cruz is the only one that can.

Just going by what I saw in the polls.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2016, 12:42:00 am »
Just going by what I saw in the polls.

The polls put Rubio and Kasich above Cruz?  The polls have really been wrong then.  It hasn't proven out.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:42:36 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.