Author Topic: Breaking - Brussels Terror Attacks  (Read 5896 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Breaking - Brussels Terror Attacks
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2016, 12:42:39 am »
aligncare wrote above:
"More Islamic terrorism. Which sadly points out the lunacy of bringing unvetted Muslims into the United States until a consensus is reached on how to deal with the potential for terrorists slipping in with refugees..."

This young woman would disagree:

As would these, also:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2016, 12:49:31 am »

They have no clue, do they?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2016, 01:08:29 am »
They have no clue, do they?

No ac, they do not.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2016, 10:30:14 am »
Brussels attack suspects unmasked: the El Bakraoui brothers

The black glove-wearing suicide bombers who killed 14 people and maimed more than 100 at a Brussels airport were named by several Belgian newspapers and broadcasters as Khalid and Brahim El Bakraoui.

The third man seen wheeling heavy bags into the airport, wearing a goatee, spectacles and fishing hat was named by intelligence sources to local media as Najim Laachraoui, 24, a suspected Isil commander who made the suicide bombs used in the Paris outrage in November.

Khalid Bakraoui, 27, is suspected to have rented a house under a false name in the Forest suburb of Brussels which was raided by police last week in connection with the Paris attacks.

Mohamed Belkaid, a key member of the Paris plot who had accompanied Salah Abdeslam on a trip to Hungary and who transferred cash to the plot’s mastermind, was killed in the raid, and an Isil flag found next to him. Two men got away.

CCTV footage released by Belgian police of the suspectsCCTV footage released by Belgian police of the suspects

According to local media, both El Bakraoui brothers were known to the police.

In October 2010, Ibrahim was sentenced to nine years in prison for opening fire on police with a Kalashnikov rifle during an armed robbery on a stockbroker.

Khalid was sentenced to five years probation in February 2011 for car-jackings. He was found to have Kalashnikovs when arrested.

He is now one of Europe’s most wanted men who gave police the slip last year when he returned from Syria.

He was also in the car with Belkaid on the return trip from Hungary.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/12201940/Brussels-attack-suspects-unmasked-the-El-Bakraoui-brothers.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2016, 10:31:16 am »
euronews ‏@euronews 23m23 minutes ago

A prime suspect in Tuesday’s #Brussels bombings, Najim Laachraoui, is arrested in Anderlecht, according to reports http://eurone.ws/ZQ6jp

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2016, 10:58:28 am »
euronews ‏@euronews 23m23 minutes ago

A prime suspect in Tuesday’s #Brussels bombings, Najim Laachraoui, is arrested in Anderlecht, according to reports http://eurone.ws/ZQ6jp

Good news.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2016, 11:06:16 am »
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2016, 11:59:46 am »
Best response I've seen:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2016, 01:54:44 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/274014-belgian-authorities-identify-pair-of-brothers-as-brussels

March 23, 2016, 08:55 am
Brothers identified as Brussels attackers

By Harper Neidig

Belgian authorities have identified two brothers as the suicide bombers who attacked the Brussels airport and subway on Tuesday, according to the Associated Press.
A Belgian prosecutor said that Ibrahim and Khalid El Bakraoui were identified as two of the attackers. Another suicide bomber has not yet been named, and there is a suspect still at large.

Ibrahim El Bakraoui was one of the airport attackers, while Khalid was the lone bomber at Maelbeek subway station.

The attacks killed at least 31 people and wounded another 270.

The prosecutor also said that Ibrahim El Bakraoui left a will on a computer that was found in a trash can in the Brussels neighborhood of Schaerbeek. A note on the computer said that El Bakraoui was afraid to go to prison.

The attacker who is still on the run is believed to have planted a bomb at the airport before fleeing. That bomb was discovered and detonated by police, CNN reported.

After a picture of the three suspected airport attackers was released, a taxi driver came forward and told authorities that he believes he drove the men to the airport. He said that they would not allow him to help unload their luggage when they arrived.

The driver led the authorities to the neighborhood where he picked up the suspects. The police later found a nail bomb, chemicals and an ISIS flag during a search of a house in the area.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2016, 02:02:49 pm »
When people lose their souls, it shows in their eyes.....

(What kind of parents raise TWO murderous sons??)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2016, 06:47:15 pm »
aligncare wrote above:
"More Islamic terrorism. Which sadly points out the lunacy of bringing unvetted Muslims into the United States until a consensus is reached on how to deal with the potential for terrorists slipping in with refugees..."

This young woman would disagree:

As would these, also:

Idiots would not last  3 days in a muslim country
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Relic

« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2016, 07:11:20 pm »
When people lose their souls, it shows in their eyes.....

(What kind of parents raise TWO murderous sons??)

muslim parents do.

I see the apologists, even on this site... "Remember, it's not ALL muslims." "MOST muslims are good", etc.

Here is the reality. islam is filled with monsters. The conservative estimate is 10% of muslims are radicals. That's a LOT of radicals. So, if there are 1.5B muslims, there are 150M radicals. In addition, there are a significant number of sympathizers. Those that would never cut your throat, but really don't mind if their muslim radical friends do the job. Add to that the muslims who aren't really radical, don't really want radicals to do what they do, but are too afraid to say anything.

I can't put an accurate number on that, but it necessarily is a huge number of people. What do they all have in common? Yep, that's right, islam. It can be debated whether it's islam that is the cause, or if the religion has been hijacked, or whatever, the bottom line is, followers of islam have monsters in their midst.

When we fought Nazi Germany, we didn't say, be careful, only bomb or shoot Nazis. We didn't worry that most Germans were good, but that the Nazi element is what caused the war. I've seen it estimated that the percentage of Nazis in Germany was less than the percentage of radicals in islam. The only way to defeat this enemy is to identify the enemy and deal with it.

Perhaps it's time for peaceful muslims to make a choice? That seems to make more sense than forcing the rest of us to accommodate and continually acknowledge the good, peaceful religion that is islam, (it is neither in my opinion).

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2016, 07:18:20 pm »
muslim parents do.

I see the apologists, even on this site... "Remember, it's not ALL muslims." "MOST muslims are good", etc.

Here is the reality. islam is filled with monsters. The conservative estimate is 10% of muslims are radicals. That's a LOT of radicals. So, if there are 1.5B muslims, there are 150M radicals. In addition, there are a significant number of sympathizers. Those that would never cut your throat, but really don't mind if their muslim radical friends do the job. Add to that the muslims who aren't really radical, don't really want radicals to do what they do, but are too afraid to say anything.

I can't put an accurate number on that, but it necessarily is a huge number of people. What do they all have in common? Yep, that's right, islam. It can be debated whether it's islam that is the cause, or if the religion has been hijacked, or whatever, the bottom line is, followers of islam have monsters in their midst.

When we fought Nazi Germany, we didn't say, be careful, only bomb or shoot Nazis. We didn't worry that most Germans were good, but that the Nazi element is what caused the war. I've seen it estimated that the percentage of Nazis in Germany was less than the percentage of radicals in islam. The only way to defeat this enemy is to identify the enemy and deal with it.

Perhaps it's time for peaceful muslims to make a choice? That seems to make more sense than forcing the rest of us to accommodate and continually acknowledge the good, peaceful religion that is islam, (it is neither in my opinion).

What are you being forced to accommodate to?  And where does the 10%-of-Muslims-are-radicals come from?

Here's an interesting chart:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2016, 07:27:02 pm »
muslim parents do.

I know that my opinion on this subject will get me called an "apologist" for Islam, which I most decidedly am not, but if 10% of Muslims are terrorists and a large percentage more are sympathizers, that's still  a far cry from "every Muslim is dangerous and will raise murderous sons."

Islam is a violent, evil 'religion' and I don't defend it at all, ever, but I do believe in the old children's song, "Jesus loves the little children, ALL the children of the world," and I don't believe it is right to hate an entire people group based on the religion they were born into.

I completely agree that it is time for MORE peaceful Muslims to speak up (some have, obviously), and I don't know if it's fear that keeps them from it, but until they do, there will be people who condemn them personally, and not just the religion they have.

(And I hope with your Nazi parallel, you weren't advocating killing all Muslims everywhere because we are in a global war with militant Islam).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Relic

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2016, 07:34:03 pm »
What are you being forced to accommodate to?  And where does the 10%-of-Muslims-are-radicals come from?

Here's an interesting chart:

What does that chart have to do with it? Maybe what that chart means is that muslims make themselves known much more so than their actual numbers?

Accommodate? Really? You've not seen or heard of the multiple ways in which they demand their religion be accommodated? Desire for sharia law. Google it. Then draw a cartoon of muhammed with your real name attached, see how that works?

As for the 10% number, a quick google tells me that Pew pegs it at 13%.
"United States. A 2013 poll from Pew showed that 13% of American Muslims said that violence against civilians is often, sometimes or rarely justified to defend Islam. A 2011 poll from Pew showed that 21 percent of Muslims are concerned about extremism among Muslim Americans.Nov 18, 2015"

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2016, 07:34:51 pm »
"The radicals are estimated to be between 15 to 25 percent, according to all intelligence services around the world,"  said Brigette Gabriel, head of ACT! for America, in part, when asked by an American University head-scarf wearing law student about waging an ideological war with Muslims. "You're looking at 180 million to 300 million people dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization," Gabriel added.

Is this figure accurate?

Not according to Angel Rabasa, who is a senior political scientist at the RAND corporation. While conducting research for a 2014 book he coauthored, "Euro Jihad," he found that Western European intelligence agencies estimated that less than one percent of the Muslim population living within their borders are at risk for becoming radicals.  This number amounts to 125,000 people at RISK for radicalism, all of whom are certainly not radicals."

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Security-Watch/terrorism-security/2015/0113/How-many-Muslim-extremists-are-there-Just-the-facts-please
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:39:30 pm by sinkspur »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2016, 07:38:43 pm »
What does that chart have to do with it? Maybe what that chart means is that muslims make themselves known much more so than their actual numbers?

Accommodate? Really? You've not seen or heard of the multiple ways in which they demand their religion be accommodated? Desire for sharia law. Google it. Then draw a cartoon of muhammed with your real name attached, see how that works?

As for the 10% number, a quick google tells me that Pew pegs it at 13%.
"United States. A 2013 poll from Pew showed that 13% of American Muslims said that violence against civilians is often, sometimes or rarely justified to defend Islam. A 2011 poll from Pew showed that 21 percent of Muslims are concerned about extremism among Muslim Americans.Nov 18, 2015"

Wow.  So, of that 13%, how many are in the "often" category?  How many in the "rarely" category?  Big gap there, wouldn't you say, in terms of advocacy?  And, notice that the poll doesn't draw any assumptions as to who is a "radical." 

I have seen no reliable surveys that show anything but a handful of Muslims favoring the imposition of sharia law in the US.  Most of those that do want that to apply to internal religious or disciplinary disputes within the Muslim community itself, not to the general population.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:40:16 pm by sinkspur »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2016, 07:39:10 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/03/23/manhunt-on-for-belgian-bomb-maker-terrorists-idd-1-arrested-in-overnight-raids.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Bomb maker linked to Paris attack died in Brussels airport bombing, sources tell Fox News

Published March 23, 2016 FoxNews.com

The shadowy terrorist believed to have made the explosives used in Tuesday's attacks in Brussels and the November massacre in Paris was one of two suicide bombers who died at Zaventem Airport, sources told Fox News.

Morrocan-born Najim Laachraoui, 24, was identified by law enforcement sources as one of two Islamic terrorists seen pushing suitcase bombs and wearing single "dead man's hand" black gloves - in a surveillance photo. The gloves are believed to have hidden detonators. A third man seen in the photo is believed to have escaped the scene and is being hunted.

Laachraoui is suspected of also making the bomb used in a blast 79 minutes later at a Brussels Metro station, as well as the explosives used to kill 130 in the the Nov. 13, 2015, attacks in Paris.

ISIS has claimed credit for Tuesday's carnage in Brussels.

The announcement came following a day of uncertainty regarding the explosives mastermind. Raids on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning uncovered his suspected factory, turning up bomb-making materials in a Schaerbeek apartment, including detonators, nails and 15 kilos of acetone peroxide, a highly unstable chemical which is favored by Islamists because it's easy to make. The chemical also was found in the explosives used in the Paris attack.

continued
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 07:39:52 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2016, 07:43:43 pm »
I know that my opinion on this subject will get me called an "apologist" for Islam, which I most decidedly am not, but if 10% of Muslims are terrorists and a large percentage more are sympathizers, that's still  a far cry from "every Muslim is dangerous and will raise murderous sons."

Islam is a violent, evil 'religion' and I don't defend it at all, ever, but I do believe in the old children's song, "Jesus loves the little children, ALL the children of the world," and I don't believe it is right to hate an entire people group based on the religion they were born into.

I completely agree that it is time for MORE peaceful Muslims to speak up (some have, obviously), and I don't know if it's fear that keeps them from it, but until they do, there will be people who condemn them personally, and not just the religion they have.

(And I hope with your Nazi parallel, you weren't advocating killing all Muslims everywhere because we are in a global war with militant Islam).

No, if I gave the impression that I advocated killing all muslims, that was a mistake. But I do advocate recognizing there is something fundamentally wrong within islam, and treating it's adherents with suspicion. I'd have no issue with viewing advocating sharia as subversion.

We can play whack a mole forever with these people. These are people who are so corrupt that they raise brothers who are willing to be suicide bombers. We can keep doing what we're doing, and try to welcome them all on the basis that only some of them are bad, or we can acknowledge islam is the problem.

Offline Relic

« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2016, 07:54:52 pm »
Wow.  So, of that 13%, how many are in the "often" category?  How many in the "rarely" category?  Big gap there, wouldn't you say, in terms of advocacy?  And, notice that the poll doesn't draw any assumptions as to who is a "radical." 

I have seen no reliable surveys that show anything but a handful of Muslims favoring the imposition of sharia law in the US.  Most of those that do want that to apply to internal religious or disciplinary disputes within the Muslim community itself, not to the general population.

radicals
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Security-Watch/terrorism-security/2015/0113/How-many-Muslim-extremists-are-there-Just-the-facts-please

https://sites.google.com/site/islamicthreatsimplified/home/how-many-muslims-are-there-how-many-are-jihadis

Even at 7% radical, that puts them on par with the percentage of Nazi party members in Germany.

sharia
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/12/massive_worldwide_support_for_sharia_law_among_global_muslim_community.html

Is there anything else I can look up for you?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2016, 08:02:48 pm »
Yep, the kumbaya, GOPe folks here are also apologists for muslim terrorism.

"There aren't really that many of them."

"You are a bigot"

Three of them killed over 30 yesterday, and injured over 200.

When we responded to Pearl Harbor, we didn't begin by excusing the civilians, and trying to avoid hurting any of those poor souls.

"Taqiyya" is a dispensation, for muslims to deveive and lie. So the truth is you can't get straight answers from them.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2016, 08:14:36 pm »
radicals

https://sites.google.com/site/islamicthreatsimplified/home/how-many-muslims-are-there-how-many-are-jihadis

Even at 7% radical, that puts them on par with the percentage of Nazi party members in Germany.

sharia
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2015/12/massive_worldwide_support_for_sharia_law_among_global_muslim_community.html

Is there anything else I can look up for you?

What are you looking up? I already quoted from csmonitor.com, and their figures are 1% of the population of Europe are "at risk" for radicalism.

And, your second link is to a site that links to a Pew survey that doesn't prove what you say it proves.  The notion that there are 375 million radical Muslims is ridiculous and not proven by anything you've posted, nor is there any reliable data anywhere that comes close to that number.

Offline Relic

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2016, 08:16:07 pm »

"You are a bigot"

When we responded to Pearl Harbor, we didn't begin by excusing the civilians, and trying to avoid hurting any of those poor souls.

"Taqiyya" is a dispensation, for muslims to deveive and lie. So the truth is you can't get straight answers from them.

I agree with you. But you see, that makes us bigots, or to the less informed, racists, (islam isn't a race). So, clearly since we are bigots, we are Trumpsters, (but I'm not).

I feel like I'm back at TBL, trying to make a point to liberals who will twist and turn anything that is posted in order to support their views. You'll never hear an apologist address Taqiyya.

I'm just waiting for "war" to begin posting.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2016, 08:17:42 pm »
I agree with you. But you see, that makes us bigots, or to the less informed, racists, (islam isn't a race). So, clearly since we are bigots, we are Trumpsters, (but I'm not).

I feel like I'm back at TBL, trying to make a point to liberals who will twist and turn anything that is posted in order to support their views. You'll never hear an apologist address Taqiyya.

I'm just waiting for "war" to begin posting.

I remember I used to call him "wart" and I got my ass banned.  :laugh:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2016, 08:17:50 pm »

"You are a bigot"

Who here is excusing Muslim terrorism? 

All I'm trying to do is separate the real from the hysterical.  Let's deal in facts and not characterize all Muslims as terrorists.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 08:19:13 pm by sinkspur »