Author Topic: Breaking - Brussels Terror Attacks  (Read 5941 times)

Offline Relic

Re: Breaking - Brussels Terror Attacks
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2016, 08:24:53 pm »
What are you looking up? I already quoted from csmonitor.com, and their figures are 1% of the population of Europe are "at risk" for radicalism.

And, your second link is to a site that links to a Pew survey that doesn't prove what you say it proves.  The notion that there are 375 million radical Muslims is ridiculous and not proven by anything you've posted, nor is there any reliable data anywhere that comes close to that number.

One source says 25%, another says 1%, but you're talking about European muslims. What percentage in the middle east is radical? Rather than try to prove to you how many radicals their are, bearing in mind that muslims are supposed to lie to infidels to further their agenda, I'll go with 10% I've seen that more often than not. I'm sticking with that number until you prove it's wrong.

Hey, Pew is within your wheelhouse. The American Thinker article lays it out better, (I know, American Thinker is likely unacceptable to you). The blog samples the number of muslims in other countries who want sharia, and then supposes, why wouldn't muslims coming here want sharia? Maybe you'll say we get the special, extra good, progressive muslims?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2016, 08:35:53 pm »
One source says 25%, another says 1%, but you're talking about European muslims. What percentage in the middle east is radical? Rather than try to prove to you how many radicals their are, bearing in mind that muslims are supposed to lie to infidels to further their agenda, I'll go with 10% I've seen that more often than not. I'm sticking with that number until you prove it's wrong.

Hey, Pew is within your wheelhouse. The American Thinker article lays it out better, (I know, American Thinker is likely unacceptable to you). The blog samples the number of muslims in other countries who want sharia, and then supposes, why wouldn't muslims coming here want sharia? Maybe you'll say we get the special, extra good, progressive muslims?

Extrapolating the views of Middle Eastern Muslims to third and fourth generation American Muslims seems a stretch to me.  But, I'm open to whatever data you can find. American Thinker is fine as long as they're quoting reliable sources.

Frank Gaffney's Center for Security Policies and his opt-in, self-selecting polls are not reliable.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2016, 08:56:53 pm »
No, if I gave the impression that I advocated killing all muslims, that was a mistake. But I do advocate recognizing there is something fundamentally wrong within islam, and treating it's adherents with suspicion. I'd have no issue with viewing advocating sharia as subversion.

We can play whack a mole forever with these people. These are people who are so corrupt that they raise brothers who are willing to be suicide bombers. We can keep doing what we're doing, and try to welcome them all on the basis that only some of them are bad, or we can acknowledge islam is the problem.

I acknowledge that Islam is the problem.

I still don't advocate keeping all Muslims out of the country, or putting them all in a database.

But this is off topic, so my part of the conversation is ending now.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

A-Lert

« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2016, 09:15:39 pm »
Extrapolating the views of Middle Eastern Muslims to third and fourth generation American Muslims seems a stretch to me.  But, I'm open to whatever data you can find. American Thinker is fine as long as they're quoting reliable sources.

Frank Gaffney's Center for Security Policies and his opt-in, self-selecting polls are not reliable.

And the  self-serving polls you post are reliable?  :bigsilly:

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2016, 10:55:32 pm »
I know that my opinion on this subject will get me called an "apologist" for Islam, which I most decidedly am not, but if 10% of Muslims are terrorists and a large percentage more are sympathizers, that's still  a far cry from "every Muslim is dangerous and will raise murderous sons."

Islam is a violent, evil 'religion' and I don't defend it at all, ever, but I do believe in the old children's song, "Jesus loves the little children, ALL the children of the world," and I don't believe it is right to hate an entire people group based on the religion they were born into.

I completely agree that it is time for MORE peaceful Muslims to speak up (some have, obviously), and I don't know if it's fear that keeps them from it, but until they do, there will be people who condemn them personally, and not just the religion they have.

(And I hope with your Nazi parallel, you weren't advocating killing all Muslims everywhere because we are in a global war with militant Islam).
Its called Taqiyya

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/taqiyya.aspx
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline musiclady

« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2016, 11:02:04 pm »
Its called Taqiyya

I know about Taqiyya.  I'm not defending Islam in any capacity.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2016, 01:42:32 am »
Relic wrote above:
"Perhaps it's time for peaceful muslims to make a choice?"

I believe that most of them -- the vast, overwhelming majority -- have already MADE that "choice" already.

That's why we are where we are today.

And that's why we (of The West) are ultimately headed for the abyss ...

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2016, 01:45:24 am »
Relic wrote above:
"Perhaps it's time for peaceful muslims to make a choice?"

I believe that most of them -- the vast, overwhelming majority -- have already MADE that "choice" already.

That's why we are where we are today.

And that's why we (of The West) are ultimately headed for the abyss ...

Bizarre.

The incidence of Muslim violence in the US is much less

Than black on black violence, black on white violence.

White on white violence, even white on black violence.

Us-versus them.  Tribalism.  Trumpism.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2016, 01:54:16 am »
Its called Taqiyya

Which is permitted by Shia only - 16% of the world population of muslims.

You see, this is one of the problems: A hell of a lot of Muslims DO speak out. Arseholes who know nothing smugly say taqiyya like it's some sort of spell of ignorance and carry on.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2016, 12:42:03 pm »
The Quran's deadly role in inspiring Belgian slaughter: Column
Nabeel Qureshi 2:44 p.m. EDT March 22, 2016
USA Today
Americans awoke this morning to another terrorist attack — this time in the Brussels airport and subway. These attacks hit close to home. Many of us have flown through the Brussels airport, just as we have vacationed in Paris and visited San Bernardino. Once again images of the injured flood social media channels, reminding Americans of the ever-present reality that it could have been us. How is this happening? Why are people becoming radicalized, and so close to home? I am concerned how little we in the West understand why peaceful Muslims who live among us are drawn into radical Islam.

As a Muslim growing up in the United States, I was taught by my imams and the community around me that Islam is a religion of peace. My family modeled love for others and love for country, and not just by their words. My father served in the U.S. Navy throughout my childhood, starting as a seaman and retiring as a lieutenant commander. I believed wholeheartedly a slogan often repeated at my mosque after 9/11: “The terrorists who hijacked the planes also hijacked Islam.”

Yet as I began to investigate the Quran and the traditions of Muhammad’s life for myself in college, I found to my genuine surprise that the pages of Islamic history are filled with violence. How could I reconcile this with what I had always been taught about Islam?

In February 2015, the U.S. State Department Acting Spokesperson Marie Harf suggested that a “lack of opportunity for jobs” might be a significant factor in radicalization and terrorism. Alternatively, Suraj Lakhani, a scholar of radicalization in Wales, suggested that the process is driven by religious concerns and a drive to bolster one’s personal identity. He implies that young Muslims ought not be allowed to hear ISIL messages or interact with their recruiters.

Naturally, I agree that interacting with ISIL recruiters is a bad idea, but I believe what the recruiters themselves say sheds the most insight on the radicalization process. ISIL’s primary recruiting technique is not social or financial but theological. With frequent references to the highest sources of authority in Islam, the Quran and hadith (the collection of the sayings of the prophet Muhammad), ISIL enjoins upon Muslims their duty to fight against the enemies of Islam and to emigrate to the Islamic State once it has been established.  ...

More at link
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org