Author Topic: The most baffling moments from Donald Trump’s Washington Post ed board interview (Must read)  (Read 2932 times)

Offline musiclady

Trump is unstable.  Not all there.  I can't imagine him with his little fingers on the button.  What is wrong with him?  He rambles on and on about how people have wronged him.  This is what Trump supporters want?  He can't even focus on issues.  Its Megyn or this media or that.  The protestors...........Little Marco or lying Ted.  Everyone is in on it.  Is anyone starting to wonder if it is the victim status that keeps Trump supporters going?  Oh, how dare they do that to our Trump?

That may be part of it.  They're completely devoted, and feel like they need to mother their poor child who is always being picked on at school.

It never occurs to them that if he acted like an adult........ever............. their job of protecting him would be much easier.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes, but her followers deny all of that and blame it on the vast right wing conspiracy.  Denial is very, very strong.

Sadly,Bubbette! followers aren't the only blind sheep in politics. Seems to me that problem is more common than common sense.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I was thinking the same thing.

Trump is almost incoherent.  When you read his words, you wonder if he even finished 8th grade.......

(I know his psyche is stuck back in Jr. High, but it seems his language skills are as well).

He's not even aware of it,which makes it worse because he really does believe people are picking on him for no reason.

That's what happens to people who grow up in a cocoon of wealth,surrounded only be yes men and women on your payroll,or people sucking up to you so they can get in on a deal. You have an altered sense of reality that is the only "reality" you have ever seen. You really do end up thinking you are brilliant and infallible,and anybody that disagrees with you is just jealous and picking on you. He just can't understand it because he has never experienced it before,so he can't let go of it and  move on.

Mama's Boy Syndrome. 

Offline musiclady

He's not even aware of it,which makes it worse because he really does believe people are picking on him for no reason.

That's what happens to people who grow up in a cocoon of wealth,surrounded only be yes men and women on your payroll,or people sucking up to you so they can get in on a deal. You have an altered sense of reality that is the only "reality" you have ever seen. You really do end up thinking you are brilliant and infallible,and anybody that disagrees with you is just jealous and picking on you. He just can't understand it because he has never experienced it before,so he can't let go of it and  move on.

Mama's Boy Syndrome.

I'm not sure about the last part.  He has a serious issue with his need to degrade women.  I'm not even remotely a psychiatrist, but it makes more sense that he still needs reassurance by a Mommy who didn't give it to him when he was a little Donnie.

I think his serious Mommy issues are part of his stunted development......... that, and all the points you mentioned.

But, I'm just a music prof taking a guess.  ^-^

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm not sure about the last part.  He has a serious issue with his need to degrade women.  I'm not even remotely a psychiatrist, but it makes more sense that he still needs reassurance by a Mommy who didn't give it to him when he was a little Donnie.

I think his serious Mommy issues are part of his stunted development......... that, and all the points you mentioned.

But, I'm just a music prof taking a guess.  ^-^

Don't worry about it. Psychiatry is based on confused western witch doctors making wild-assed guesses and then claiming it is science as they pat each other on the back and congratulate each other on how smart they are. Your guesses are as good as mine,which are in turn as good as those of any of the witch doctors with degrees.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:29:50 pm by sneakypete »

Offline mountaineer

I was thinking the same thing. Trump is almost incoherent.  When you read his words, you wonder if he even finished 8th grade.......
I had the same reaction to Dr. Carson in the debates. We know he's extremely intelligent, but he came across as completely unprepared and incapable of expressing himself. My impression of Trump is that  he wants to play if off the cuff, even on complicated issues, and it just can't be that way in a presidential (or any other) campaign. A candidate has to be as prepared for debates and interviews as a student "cramming" for a chemistry exam. You simply have to know what you're talking about.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Mama's Boy Syndrome.

Trump always struck me as the type of leader who just surrounds himself with "Yes men". It explains a lot about how he describes his successes, even when they are failures. Although it is obvious the whole thing was scripted, The Apprentice really showed an example of this- be critical or point out faults and you are the first to go.

This was on display during a recent debate when he came up during a break and showed a fax that supposedly came from the BBB showing an A rating for Trump U- BBB said they never sent it and the rating when the university was open was D-F. One of his 'yes men' wanted to reinforce Trump's believe that Trump U was a wonderful success so selectively chose just a report that made it look good- IE a false report.  They gave him the feedback comments from a seminar that participants were 'encouraged' to complete positively to get a discount- instead of the massive amount of negative reviews on the actual program.  He was just given the information he wanted to hear, no the information that was truthful to the situation.

Issue after issue, if you start to think in terms of Trump just getting his info from 'yes men' who reinforce what Trump wants to hear, it starts to make a lot of sense.

Offline musiclady

Don't worry about it. Psychiatry is based on confused western witch doctors making wild-assed guesses and then claiming it is science as they pat each other on the back and congratulate each other on how smart they are. Your guesses are as good as mine,which are in turn as good as those of any of the witch doctors with degrees.

No argument there........

Offline musiclady

I had the same reaction to Dr. Carson in the debates. We know he's extremely intelligent, but he came across as completely unprepared and incapable of expressing himself. My impression of Trump is that  he wants to play if off the cuff, even on complicated issues, and it just can't be that way in a presidential (or any other) campaign. A candidate has to be as prepared for debates and interviews as a student "cramming" for a chemistry exam. You simply have to know what you're talking about.

So far in the Republican debates, he's been able to get away with rambling nonsense and not lose his supporters.

If he indeed is the R nominee (God help us all), then you're absolutely right......... he's going to have to start preparing.

I think his narcissism and ego will prevent that, however, and he's just going to get annihilated by a very stupid Hillary Clinton.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Trump has become rambling and incoherent to me. The ADD New York tax cab driver schtick is only good for getting attention, but it lacks substance.

He reminds me of those clips I recall from Desert Storm, where the Iraqi soldier on the 50's era Soviet made anti-aircraft gun was trying to shoot down our modern cruise missiles and J-dams. Firing furiously in all directions with pretty tracers lighting up the sky, hitting little to nothing, but it makes great TV footage!

RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT! (swivel) RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT-TAT! (swivel again)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 06:23:30 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Issue after issue, if you start to think in terms of Trump just getting his info from 'yes men' who reinforce what Trump wants to hear, it starts to make a lot of sense.

Yes,and it all reinforces the main point,and that is that he is lacking in judgement and intelligence. Intelligent businessmen and leaders ALWAYS want advisers surrounding them that will give them intelligent and alternative viewpoints because a successful leader always needs to view all the options before making decisions. People that surround themselves with yes men never hear these options and make a lot of mistakes.

And he owns all the fault involved in this because he will never hire anyone that does anything other than tell him how brilliant and wonderful he is. When that is what you pay for,that is all you get.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
So far in the Republican debates, he's been able to get away with rambling nonsense and not lose his supporters.

If he indeed is the R nominee (God help us all), then you're absolutely right......... he's going to have to start preparing.

I think his narcissism and ego will prevent that, however, and he's just going to get annihilated by a very stupid Hillary Clinton.

I still don't think he is serious,and my reasons haven't changed.

1: He will NOT put his assets into blind trusts,and if he would refuse congress would explode because every other president in modern times has done so.

2: His enormous ego is as fragile as it is yuge,and there is not one chance in hell of him ever taking a chance of losing in such a public way that he would not be able to deny losing. He will stay in it right up to the point where he starts getting hit with hard questions he can't answer and the media won't back off and ignore his non-answers. Once they start dogging him and making him look like the fool he is,he is going to drop out.

Which leads to number 3.

3: He will drop out of the race and spent the rest of his life bragging about how "I COULD have been the President of the US if I had wanted,but decided the job was beneath me."  Fully half of his estimated $4 billion net work is based on HIS estimate of the value of his trademark,the Trump name.

Now,just imagine how much he thinks it will be worth if he drops out while there is still some chance he might have won,versus what it would be worth if he is beaten by Bubbette! Clinton.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
3: He will drop out of the race and spent the rest of his life bragging about how "I COULD have been the President of the US if I had wanted,but decided the job was beneath me."

The only thing beneath Donaldus Minimus is the sidewalk.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The only thing beneath Donaldus Minimus is the sidewalk.

Yup. Calling him scum is bragging on him.