Author Topic: Trump: If GOP Takes My Nomination, Supporters Won't Vote  (Read 4890 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Trump: If GOP Takes My Nomination, Supporters Won't Vote
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2016, 02:39:22 am »
OMG!  :bsflag:

He recognizes what no other candidate does, mainly because the other candidates are politicians who just don't seem to  GAS.

And he's going to lead us from the wilderness right?
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2016, 02:53:21 am »
And he's going to lead us from the wilderness right?

Are you vying for the drama queen tiara?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2016, 02:57:44 am »
See the problem is, Trump really doesn't get the whole picture. Immigration is but one leg of a three legged stool. The others being welfare and taxes/regulations.

To understand the paradigm, you need to go back and focus on a particular governor in a particular state a couple of decades ago. The state was Arkansas, and the governor - one of our own Republicans Mike Huckabee. Huck basically carried out the test case of what we are seeing today, and it is why I would never vote for him.

People think big business dislikes high taxes and regulations. If they're too high, yes, but they like them high enough to provide a barrier of entry to upstart competition. So they work with DC insiders to cobble a system that keeps competition out but gives them loopholes that their lawyers and accountants can take advantage of them while smaller businesses can not.

The high tax/regulation environment is further offset by a policy of liberal immigration, to keep wages down and boost profits.

In turn, the cheap wages are offset by govt welfare to illegal immigrants, who then vote via fraud faithfully to Democrats. The profitable businesses donate to Republicans. This is exactly what they spawned in Arkansas under Huck.

The result is deficits, but if done properly via a properly distributed tax burden, the deficits are kept under control, interest rates kept low, and everybody is happy. The debt can is kicked down the road.

Trump has no understanding of this whatsoever. Which is why he won't solve the problem, because he's attacking only one part of it, the part with populist support.
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2016, 02:59:53 am »
Are you vying for the drama queen tiara?

Deflectors on full I see.
The Republic is lost.

Bill Cipher

A-Lert

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2016, 03:07:02 am »
Deflectors on full I see.

Your "question", to put it nicely, was nonsensical.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2016, 03:07:37 am »
Voiceless=disenfranchised whether you agree or don't.

I see. So now a word means what that person using it says it does and not what has been accepted for the last 400 or so years. In that case I think disenfranchised means when Subway or Burger King takes your store away for not keeping up with the franchise payments.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2016, 03:07:47 am »

Then why not say that instead of leading with yet another personal insult?

Bill Cipher

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2016, 03:08:49 am »
I see. So now a word means what that person using it says it does and not what has been accepted for the last 400 or so years. In that case I think disenfranchised means when Subway or Burger King takes your store away for not keeping up with the franchise payments.

“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

’The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’

’The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master — that’s all.”

― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2016, 03:14:41 am »

No it wasn't. You posited that Trump was the only one who gets it, the only one who gives a crap. That implies a Moses or Messiah like character who alone possesses the truth, and who alone can lead us to the Promised Land.

I see this kind of verbage and characterization often with Trump supporters. They just are short sometimes on how we're going to get there.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 03:16:31 am by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2016, 03:16:43 am »
See the problem is, Trump really doesn't get the whole picture. Immigration is but one leg of a three legged stool. The others being welfare and taxes/regulations.

To understand the paradigm, you need to go back and focus on a particular governor in a particular state a couple of decades ago. The state was Arkansas, and the governor - one of our own Republicans Mike Huckabee. Huck basically carried out the test case of what we are seeing today, and it is why I would never vote for him.

People think big business dislikes high taxes and regulations. If they're too high, yes, but they like them high enough to provide a barrier of entry to upstart competition. So they work with DC insiders to cobble a system that keeps competition out but gives them loopholes that their lawyers and accountants can take advantage of them while smaller businesses can not.

The high tax/regulation environment is further offset by a policy of liberal immigration, to keep wages down and boost profits.

In turn, the cheap wages are offset by govt welfare to illegal immigrants, who then vote via fraud faithfully to Democrats. The profitable businesses donate to Republicans. This is exactly what they spawned in Arkansas under Huck.

The result is deficits, but if done properly via a properly distributed tax burden, the deficits are kept under control, interest rates kept low, and everybody is happy. The debt can is kicked down the road.

Trump has no understanding of this whatsoever. Which is why he won't solve the problem, because he's attacking only one part of it, the part with populist support.

Nice post.  It really summarizes the big picture well.

A-Lert

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2016, 03:40:35 am »
No it wasn't. You posited that Trump was the only one who gets it, the only one who gives a crap. That implies a Moses or Messiah like character who alone possesses the truth, and who alone can lead us to the Promised Land.

I see this kind of verbage and characterization often with Trump supporters. They just are short sometimes on how we're going to get there.

8detect8

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
The Republic is lost.

Offline raml

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2016, 04:43:02 am »
Wow every where I look you guys are tearing apart the best candidate the republicans have had running for years. I held my nose and voted for a guy I couldn't stand John McCain even supported the party with donations. After John practically gave the election away I stopped giving money to them and instead gave to individuals running. Then they pushed Romney the one I really liked the least in the 2012 bunch that was running although I did like him as a person mostly because I loved his father who was governor of the state I lived in. After watching him die out and give the election to Obama I decided if we didn't have a candidate that was acceptable next time I would be writing in a person or vote third party. I don't have to I am going to vote for Trump if he gets the nomination and I pray he does because if he doesn't I am writing in his name anyway. I no longer trust Cruz I have seen him be twice the sarcastic man that you think Trump is and he is now turning to the elites who I want nothing to do with. If Hilliary gets in so be it I will no longer care since I doubt there will be any difference all politicians want the middle class gone and only the super class to survive and have all the money. I'm 71 and will be gone in te near future so I just won't give a damn anymore. I have seen the most shocking display by the so called leaders of the party and want no part of anything they belong to. I am not the only one feeling like this. I voted in every election and even worked for the party I am not a stupid person just fed up so you guys have your fun all if it is coming to an end if you screw we the people.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2016, 05:09:37 am »
Wow every where I look you guys are tearing apart the best candidate the republicans have had running for years. I held my nose and voted for a guy I couldn't stand John McCain even supported the party with donations. After John practically gave the election away I stopped giving money to them and instead gave to individuals running. Then they pushed Romney the one I really liked the least in the 2012 bunch that was running although I did like him as a person mostly because I loved his father who was governor of the state I lived in. After watching him die out and give the election to Obama I decided if we didn't have a candidate that was acceptable next time I would be writing in a person or vote third party. I don't have to I am going to vote for Trump if he gets the nomination and I pray he does because if he doesn't I am writing in his name anyway. I no longer trust Cruz I have seen him be twice the sarcastic man that you think Trump is and he is now turning to the elites who I want nothing to do with. If Hilliary gets in so be it I will no longer care since I doubt there will be any difference all politicians want the middle class gone and only the super class to survive and have all the money. I'm 71 and will be gone in te near future so I just won't give a damn anymore. I have seen the most shocking display by the so called leaders of the party and want no part of anything they belong to. I am not the only one feeling like this. I voted in every election and even worked for the party I am not a stupid person just fed up so you guys have your fun all if it is coming to an end if you screw we the people.

Well I agree with you on Romney and McCain but I don't see how anyone would think Trump is great.  What is great about him?  He didn't even register to vote for the first time until 1987.  He changed his party five times.    The only thing I know for sure about Trump is that he loves to insult, mock and threaten people.  He has praised Obama and Hillary.  Have you?  I think his record speaks for itself.  I give Trump F for Fired.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2016, 06:32:36 am »

Live, read, research and learn, Frank. It isn't that difficult. Expand your knowledge, horizons and vocabulary.

Of course you may choose to remain uninformed. I can post  authoritative references, but I can't make you understand.

http://www.synonym.com/synonyms/disenfranchised

Synonyms:

voiceless, disfranchised, voteless

Disfranchised - definition of disfranchised by The...
www.thefreedictionary.com/disfranchised

Define disfranchised. disfranchised synonyms, disfranchised pronunciation, ... disenfranchised, voteless, voiceless.

A-Lert

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2016, 06:41:17 am »
   The only thing I know for sure about Trump is that he loves to insult, mock and threaten people.

That alone is proof you don't know much about Trump.

http://www.campaignmoney.com/biography/donald_trump.asp

Political Campaign Contributions by Donald Trump (1999 to Present) - $898,300
DEMOCRAT: 37.80%  REPUBLICAN: 62.20%

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL COMMITTEE   Republican   32,400   06/09/2014

NATIONAL REPUBLICAN SENATORIAL COMMITTEE   Republican   32,400   04/09/2014

CONGRESSIONAL LEADERSHIP FUND   --   100,000   08/19/2012 Type of organization: Super PAC

Supports candidate: Republican

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2016, 07:05:21 am »
Live, read, research and learn, Frank.
I am not Frank.  Frank is an a$$h0le.  I can say that confidently, because he has posted to me, I am an a$$h0le, and I recognize my contemporaries.
If you posted this to me I would discount it and reply that you should go have sex with yourself.
It isn't that difficult.
This would also piss me off, and I would tell you to F off.
Expand your knowledge, horizons and vocabulary.
again, I would be angered by this reply and dismiss it without consideration.
Of course you may choose to remain uninformed.
At this point I might put you on ignore...unless I had a good sense of humor...as I know Frank has...and enjoy the full view of your mooning lifelong republicans.
I can post  authoritative references, but I can't make you understand.
At this point I would wish to meet you in a dark alley.
http://www.synonym.com/synonyms/disenfranchised
Synonyms:

voiceless, disfranchised, voteless

Disfranchised - definition of disfranchised by The...
www.thefreedictionary.com/disfranchised

Define disfranchised. disfranchised synonyms, disfranchised pronunciation, ... disenfranchised, voteless, voiceless.
You cannot shame me into voting for the Anti-Christ.  I will not be voting for Trump in Nov.  His supporters have convinced me that a godless scum sucking rat would be preferable.  Thank you for making the choice easy Alert.  My children may never forgive me, for letting Hitlery win, but they have not met a brain-dead legal American so deserving of my righteous condemnation.  Good luck winning without Christian/human support.

A-Lert

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2016, 07:12:29 am »
I am not Frank.  Frank is an a$$h0le.  I can say that confidently, because he has posted to me, I am an a$$h0le, and I recognize my contemporaries.
If you posted this to me I would discount it and reply that you should go have sex with yourself.This would also piss me off, and I would tell you to F off.again, I would be angered by this reply and dismiss it without consideration.At this point I might put you on ignore...unless I had a good sense of humor...as I know Frank has...and enjoy the full view of your mooning lifelong republicans.At this point I would wish to meet you in a dark alley.You cannot shame me into voting for the Anti-Christ.  I will not be voting for Trump in Nov.  His supporters have convinced me that a godless scum sucking rat would be preferable.  Thank you for making the choice easy Alert.  My children may never forgive me, for letting Hitlery win, but they have not met a brain-dead legal American so deserving of my righteous condemnation.  Good luck winning without Christian/human support.

:yawn2:

I don't care if you vote for Hillary. I post facts. If they make you uncomfortable, you'll just have to deal with it.

Never wish to meet someone in a dark alley.

« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2016, 07:21:58 am »
:yawn2:

I don't care if you vote for Hillary. I post facts. If they make you uncomfortable, you'll just have to deal with it.

Never wish to meet someone in a dark alley.

I will not vote for Hitlery, but I will let her win.  Something I could not do 12 month ago.

A-Lert

« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2016, 08:28:17 am »
I will not vote for Hitlery, but I will let her win.  Something I could not do 12 month ago.

Same difference. You're a loser either way.