Author Topic: Trump Doubles Down on Theory Romney’s Not Really Mormon  (Read 744 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump Doubles Down on Theory Romney’s Not Really Mormon
« on: March 20, 2016, 05:44:08 pm »
Trump Doubles Down on Theory Romney’s Not Really Mormon

by TOM S. ELLIOTT   

March 20, 2016 12:16 PM

On Friday, Donald Trump questioned whether Mitt Romney is actually Mormon. “I have many friends that live in Salt Lake City — and by the way, Mitt Romney is not one of them,” Trump said during a Salt Lake City speech. ”Are you sure he’s a Mormon? Are we sure?”  This is the third time Trump has questioned the faith of one of his opponents, despite having criticized the practice of questioning other people’s faith, ABC’s George Stephanopoulos pointed out this morning during an interview with Trump. “Why do you keep doing it?” he asked.

Here’s Trump’s reply:

With Mitt Romney — well, first of all, with Mitt Romney, I was saying to the Mormons, Mormons are very smart people. And I said it in a joking way, but they can take it, you can take it any way you want. The Mormons are very smart people. I know many Mormons. I don’t think Mitt Romney is a smart person. I never have thought he was a smart person, but the Mormons are very smart people. So I  said, are you sure he’s a Mormon? And I’m not going to change it because I think Mitt Romney has proven to be not a smart person. As far as Ted Cruz, he’s one of the greatest liars and biggest liars I have ever known. He lies about so much. He lies about things that he shouldn’t be lying about. He lies about things that don’t matter. I tell people, and I think that’s why Ted Cruz has lost the Evangelical vote, look what he did with Ben Carson, who has endorsed me. Look what he did to Ben Carson. He said Ben Carson in Iowa has left. He’s out of the campaign, vote for me. Thousands of people voted for him because he convinced people that Ben Carson had left the campaign. He knew Ben Carson did not leave the campaign.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/433003/trump-doubles-down-theory-romneys-not-really-mormon?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=56eedecd04d301184001cd83&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump Doubles Down on Theory Romney’s Not Really Mormon
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 05:45:06 pm »
Trump is becoming more incoherent as time goes on. But, he speaks at a 5th grade level, so his supporters no doubt get the dog whistle.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 06:20:39 pm »
This is why I've soured on Trump. This is a sideshow! He just obsesses on and on about the smallest slight without realizing that it's politics. Get back to the meat of the campaign already.

There's nothing worse than an ADHD politician who's easily baited and manipulated by the smallest of barbs. If he falls short of the delegates needed for nomination, I do not see how the 'dealmaker' is going to win anyone over after the barrage of constant tirades and kneejerk reactions over every. little. thing...
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 06:29:50 pm »
Trump makes Obama look emotionally tough as nails.

What a child!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 07:09:21 pm »
Trump makes Obama look emotionally tough as nails.

What a child!

Hard as it is to pull it off, Man Ain't it the truth.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 07:13:10 pm »
Hard as it is to pull it off, Man Ain't it the truth.

Yep.  If Trump is our next President, we will have had two emotional six year olds in succession, after having 43 men lead this nation.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 07:22:17 pm »
Trump has the mastery of the English language of a 6 year old. His interviews are some of the hardest things to read because he cannot complete a thought and in some cases even a sentence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 07:23:55 pm »
Guy's a freaking idiot.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 07:35:28 pm »
Trump has the mastery of the English language of a 6 year old. His interviews are some of the hardest things to read because he cannot complete a thought and in some cases even a sentence.

This breaks down How Trump speaks at a 4th grade reading level. 

Donald Trump knows when to sound incredulous or forceful. He has good comedic instinct. You could even call him witty. But you can’t call him smart or well informed. The best salesman can sell you a TV without knowing anything about it. Because the TV isn’t what matters. What matters is you. And if you are an American citizen who for years has listened to politicians sound sophisticated while accomplishing nothing you might just be primed for something that is everything they are not. But the next time you feel like Donald Trump has a point, do yourself a favor and look at his words.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aFo_BV-UzI&feature=youtu.be

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 07:36:55 pm »
”Are you sure he’s a Mormon? Are we sure?”
Are we sure Mitt Romney is actually Mitt Romney?  I have never seen Romney and actor Bruce Campbell in the same room.

Wingnut

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2016, 07:47:16 pm »
Are we sure Mitt Romney is actually Mitt Romney?  I have never seen Romney and actor Bruce Campbell in the same room.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af1OxkFOK18

The scary part is that this actually made more sense than a trump speech.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 07:48:46 pm by Wingnut »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2016, 07:59:13 pm »
I don't see what you guys are talking sbout.  Apparently, Mormons are smart people (although I personally wonder how anyone who believes the Book of Mormon can be "smart").  Mitt Romney, on the other hand, is not very smart.  Therefore, Mitt Romney must not be a Mormon.  Simple.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2016, 08:44:21 pm »
Trump is becoming more incoherent as time goes on. But, he speaks at a 5th grade level, so his supporters no doubt get the dog whistle.

Perhaps the incoherent Trump believes that Mitt Romeny is a merman?  Trump is getting closer and closer to insanity.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2016, 09:10:56 pm »
This is the man for you Trump supporters.  The one you want to lead us.   He has absolutely nothing but insults.  Its a clue as to how he would lead our country.

Romney is smart enough to have done well in business.  I don't know has he ever had to file bankruptcy?  Once, twice, three and four times?

Well it isn't working for Utah because Trump only got 11% in the Caucus.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.