Author Topic: Protesters blocking access to Trump Rally  (Read 6960 times)

Offline Charlespg

Re: LIVE! Fascists anti-Trump protests block free speech in Arizona
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2016, 08:15:49 pm »
Seriously?  Where have you been for the past eight years?   **nononono*
Where has he been the last 20 years

I said back years ago the left was going to cause a eventual civil war in the US

Their  backing people into a corner ,with these riots to disrupt the right of Americans to peacefully
choose the candidate of their choise  ..thats the main reason I decided to support trump
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline aligncare

« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2016, 08:16:57 pm »
Excuse me A/C but I just got onto the board ... calling me a hypocrite for what reason?  You certainly have the right to support a liar and a fraud but to call me a hypocrite is going way too far.  Perhaps you should take a look in the mirror ...You calling me a hypocrite for absolutely no damn reason indicates to me the caliber of some of the Trump supporters.

Trump has a right to speak.  However, the protestors have a right to peacefully assemble. I haven't even gotten a chance to watch the video -- and already a Trump supporter is accusing me of something.  Really?  False accusations and fraudulent claims seem to be synonymous with Trump and his supporters. This is similar to union workers picketing and blocking entrance into a workplace. It has happened throughout history.  It's similar to protesters blocking the entrance to abortion clinics.  Though I don't agree with what they are protesting they have the right to peacefully assemble. 

The keyword her being "PEACEFUL"!  Attacking those that may have come to Trump's defense and siding with him due to the First amendment isn't too bright!

This is crap! A/C you owe me an apology. Have a nice day everyone.  I walked away from this forum a while ago for this very reason.  It's one thing to attack a candidate, it's quite another to attack a forum member for a different opinion.

You're correct, and I offer my full humble apology to any member who was not on the board or who came later to the board and denounced the attempts to suppress speech.

But, I offer no apology to those who turned away...sorry, I'm not giving a pass on that betrayal of the Constitution just for politics. And you know who you are.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Protesters blocking access to Trump Rally
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2016, 08:21:57 pm »
Well I just got home and read the news. I AM a Cruz supporter and NOT a Trump supporter at all, but even so if it were me I'd take a couple of loaded dump trucks to the front of the line and start pushing.

Then I'd bust some leftist skulls and kneecaps for grins and giggles.

Because they're leftists, and that's all the reason I need. Which has nothing to do with Trump, but the general principle of things.
I'm with you, FV. These people - mindless Soros-funded drones -  infuriate me.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

A-Lert

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2016, 08:25:11 pm »
No tears here, sorry. Try to be accurate.

I tried being diplomatic. Whine would be more accurate.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2016, 08:27:58 pm »
Please give it a rest, A-Lert. I'm not the enemy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2016, 08:33:04 pm »

Mountaineer, went back and looked. Yes I blew my stack. Anyone I slighted is justified. It was in the heat of the moment. I hope folks will understand.

You just don't mess with the First Amendment when I'm around  :smokin:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2016, 08:36:01 pm »
Mountaineer, went back and looked. Yes I blew my stack. Anyone I slighted is justified. It was in the heat of the moment. I hope folks will understand.

You just don't mess with the First Amendment when I'm around  :smokin:

Really?

Donald Trump wants to 'open up' libel laws so he can sue press

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/26/media/donald-trump-libel-laws/

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2016, 08:40:07 pm »
Please give it a rest, A-Lert. I'm not the enemy.

I posted a fact.

This was your reply.   "The victim card is completely worn out. Enough, already."

A-Lert

« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2016, 08:41:50 pm »
Really?

I guess you just don't understand or read the articles at the links you post.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2016, 08:50:08 pm »
Really?

Libel laws evolve and change continuously. If someone in the press knowingly writes a factually false story with the intention of deceiving voters...on behalf of a particular party or candidate...they should, and are, subject to these laws. That is a high bar, as it should be and intent is often very difficult to prove...even if facts are demonstrably proven to be falsely asserted. That said, if libel laws are outdated...and they often are in the current rapidly changing techno-environment...they need to be brought into the present. Which fits perfectly with what Trump is calling for. This has NOTHING to do with opinion pieces, paper editorials, TV commentaries or perspectives, blogs etcetera...its specifically about the deliberate publishing of a false news story with the proven intention of smearing another person. That in no way suppresses free speech, as the nation has always had libel laws to combat such things...as does every nation.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 08:55:39 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline aligncare

« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2016, 08:54:15 pm »

Just to lay this point to rest, if Bernie were stormed by hordes of protesters trying to silence him, you'd get the same reaction from me.

Ted Cruz, however...  :silly:  I crack me up.

Libelous speech? I hope they sue the bastards. Websites are getting serious about deliberately harmful speech and reputation loss. Companies have formed to help combat and repair reputation loss from malicious attack. Deliberate lies in the media, as in the case of Dan Rather and producer, resulted in significant repercussions. It's not exactly analogous, but didn't Hogan just win $115 million against a media outlet? The mainstream media should be held responsible for deliberate lies or other outrageous transgressions. Bring it to court. Why not?

Bill Cipher

« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2016, 08:54:25 pm »
Libel laws evolve and change continuously. If someone in the press deliberately writes a factually false story with the intention of deceiving voters...on behalf of a particular party or candidate...they should, and are, subject to these laws. So if the laws are outdated...and they often are in the current rapidly changing techno-environment...they need to be brought into the present. This has NOTHING to do with opinion pieces, paper editorials, blogs etcetera...its about the deliberate publishing of a false newsstory with the intention of smearing another person. That in no way suppresses free speech, as the nation has always had libel laws to combat such things...as does every nation.

That utterly misses the point.  You have just described the current state of libel law.  And it is precisely that state of the law that Trump wants to expand - to make more liberal if you will.  Since current libel law protects against factually false stories told with intent or reckless disregard, and since Trump doesn't believe the law as it currently stands goes far enough, it necessarily follows that Trump wants to expand the libel laws in order to punish people who aren't just telling malicious falsehoods.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2016, 09:02:14 pm »
That utterly misses the point.  You have just described the current state of libel law.  And it is precisely that state of the law that Trump wants to expand - to make more liberal if you will.  Since current libel law protects against factually false stories told with intent or reckless disregard, and since Trump doesn't believe the law as it currently stands goes far enough, it necessarily follows that Trump wants to expand the libel laws in order to punish people who aren't just telling malicious falsehoods.

No, you're putting a spin on what he said. Libel laws ARE continously being updated to meet the evolving needs of technology...and the modern world. Trump has NEVER asserted that he wants libel laws to be targeted at people who express dissent or even insult. He has talked ONLY about using them, and updating them if necessary, to ensure prosecution of those who deliberately...often for pay in the service of lobbyists, money or politicians...and knowing write factually bogus stories. Current laws are not necessarily adapted to a climate in which millions of dollars are being spent specifically to put out knowingly false...in terms of fact not opinion...hit pieces in political campaigns. This is a delicate thing, no doubt, and priority will always rest with protecting political speech from any limitations. But, in that particular instance referenced above, updating our libel laws is quite reasonable. The bar for proving a charge of libel will remain VERY high...but it cannot be entirely impervious.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 09:04:37 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2016, 09:03:08 pm »
Really?

OFFS!  :chairbang:
Trump is talking about deliberately libel  and slander here
like  was done to fallwell or saying  a politician took bribes and slept with a underage girl
when its not true  ..I don't have problem with that ,We are supposed to have equal protection under the law

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2016, 09:04:52 pm »
You've all gone insane. There is no other way to describe it.

Silence is approval? I guess then that EVERY SINGLE bleep ONE OF YOU APPROVES OF THE DEATH OF A SOF TODAY THANKS TO THE WORM'S POLICIES! Not a ONE of you has commented on it.

Piss off with your butthurt attitude and pathetic attempts to score points. This isn't a bleep game.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2016, 09:11:45 pm »
You've all gone insane. There is no other way to describe it.

Silence is approval? I guess then that EVERY SINGLE bleep ONE OF YOU APPROVES OF THE DEATH OF A SOF TODAY THANKS TO THE WORM'S POLICIES! Not a ONE of you has commented on it.

Piss off with your butthurt attitude and pathetic attempts to score points. This isn't a bleep game.

You miss a key element here. When one knows of an event and fails to comment...this is when the axiom applies. Likewise, many may have expressed disgust for an event elsewhere, not on this board. So while I agree that its unfair to simply jump on individuals for a "lack of outrage" on this issue...one would expect at least SOME outrage to spill onto the board over such a relevant occurrence. Add to this mix that in past such events, Cruz AND Kasich jumped in to blame the Trump people for what had occurred (see Chicago). So its not surprising that Trump supporters are quick to note the lack of a strong response here when their candidates...and their own...first amendment rights are being infringed in a very public way.

HonestJohn

« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2016, 09:21:38 pm »
Worse than saying Trump is Hitler and his followers are brownshirts?

:silly:

Trump's Lion Guards have spiffy goldshirts.

www.lionsoftrump.net

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2016, 09:33:24 pm »
Problem is Trump protestors are way more interesting than the rallies themselves.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2016, 09:42:40 pm »
Well, I know I'm being condemned for my 'silence' but I was at a concert and just got here, so forgive me for doing something else.

I certainly deserve your blanket condemnation for condoning leftist thugs.........  **nononono*

ALL of us on this forum condemn leftist thugs silencing free speech....... the speech of Donald Trump or anyone else.

If you know your Constitution, you know that the 1st Amendment was to protect OFFENSIVE speech, so even Trump's freedom to speak must be STRONGLY protected.

I'm all for that.

Sorry I was at a concert, so am condemned by the group for not speaking up sooner............

Sheesh.................  **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2016, 09:54:50 pm »
Well, I know I'm being condemned for my 'silence' but I was at a concert and just got here, so forgive me for doing something else.

I certainly deserve your blanket condemnation for condoning leftist thugs.........  **nononono*

ALL of us on this forum condemn leftist thugs silencing free speech....... the speech of Donald Trump or anyone else.

If you know your Constitution, you know that the 1st Amendment was to protect OFFENSIVE speech, so even Trump's freedom to speak must be STRONGLY protected.

I'm all for that.

Sorry I was at a concert, so am condemned by the group for not speaking up sooner............

Sheesh.................  **nononono* **nononono* **nononono* **nononono*

Attempts to prevent anyone from saying what he wants to say are always throughly contemptible wherever they occur  and whoever they involve!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2016, 09:57:23 pm »
Problem is Trump protestors are way more interesting than the rallies themselves.

Watching those folks protesting trump is like watching a live version of "The people of wal*mart" website. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2016, 10:01:07 pm »
Attempts to prevent anyone from saying what he wants to say are always throughly contemptible wherever they occur  and whoever they involve!

Exactly.  The idea that you or I are sitting silently enjoying leftist thugs stopping the Donald from speaking is absurd.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2016, 10:01:25 pm »
Watching those folks protesting trump is like watching a live version of "The people of wal*mart" website.

Yep! For sure!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2016, 10:03:01 pm »
most folks at walmart would have more sense then these human turds

at the TOS

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3411288/posts

Left-wing activists 'throw ROCKS at Trump supporters' as tensions boil over in Utah

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/653864/Donald-Trump-Utah-rally-Republican-nomination

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 10:06:18 pm by Charlespg »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2016, 10:14:10 pm »
Trump's Lion Guards have spiffy goldshirts.

www.lionsoftrump.net

Better to be a lion for the day than a lamb for eternity?  Come on!  Demonic campaign.  Don't any Trump supporters see what's happening?  Trump has a lion guard.........come on!  This is beyond an election.  This is preparation for fascism.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.