Author Topic: US election: Bernie Sanders to skip AIPAC conference  (Read 278 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
US election: Bernie Sanders to skip AIPAC conference
« on: March 19, 2016, 07:33:41 am »
US presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders is the only candidate for the country's top post who has decided to not take part in next week's conference for the pro-Israel lobbying group AIPAC.

In a letter to Robert Cohen, the chief of the American Israeli Public Affairs Committee, on Friday - Sanders, the first Jew to ever win a presidential primary in the US, expressed regret that he could not conduct a speech at the event due to his busy campaign schedule.
"Obviously, issues impacting Israel and the Middle East are of utmost importance to me, to our country and to the world," he said.

"Unfortunately, I am going to be traveling throughout the West and the campaign schedule that we have prevents me from attending."

Sander's decision came after more than 18,000 people signed petitions calling for Sanders to turn down AIPAC's invitation to join the conference.

Read more: http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/03/election-bernie-sanders-skip-pro-israel-lobby-aipac-conference-160319054443339.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink