Author Topic: Mark Levin's Divorce  (Read 27966 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Mark Levin's Divorce
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2016, 01:48:04 am »
I looked over my post. I don't see where I said anything about hate?

0.008. I'll take that much failure in my business any day.

You're right about one thing, though. No single candidate in my memory has ever had to defend against such a barrage of criticism as Donald Trump has.

There was no talk about hatin' on Romney -- except maybe by a few religious bigots -- because Romney didn't have the kitchen sink thrown at him by 16 competitors, scores of debate moderators, the entire left wing media and 70% of the right wing media, the GOPe.

Romney didn't get the Hitler comparisons, the KKK racist comparisons, the Mussolini comparisons, the xenophobe, the misogynist; his supporters didn't get compared to mindless zombies and idiots ..I could go on and on and on, you know what I'm talking about. Maybe even indulged a bit yourself--I'm not accusing, just making a point.

That's right, no one mentioned anything about hate during Romney's campaign because it didn't exist.

TDS is a clinical condition brought on by exposure to Donald Trump. Some people have even sought professional help to cope with it. That's part joke and part truth.

Compare the public presentation of Romney to Trump.  A gentleman versus a backstreet bully. Romney didn't get the comparisons to Hitler because there was no basis for it. Too many think Trump's authoritarianism has troubling parallels in history, especially since Trump retweeted Mussolini and defended it when confronted.

AC, your man is uncouth.  Americans are accustomed to some decorum from their leaders, and Trump has none.  He is a narcissist, a man with no unexpressed thoughts, who takes to Twitter with rants against Megyn Kelly, Mitt ROmney, his opponents, characterizes people as low energy, Little Marco, Lyin' Ted, then gets bent out of shape when someone characterizes him.

In short, Donald Trump's appeal is to the basest instinct of human beings:  anger, hatred, us-against-them, tribalism.  He cannot unify because he doesn't want to unify. 

He divides and he will continue to. That's why he will lose and lose badly in November.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 01:50:29 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2016, 02:22:28 am »
A shell LLC used solely to hold nominal legal title to a parcel of real estate is not a separate business.  How many of those 500 LLCs are shells?

I use LLC's like people use Kleenex. It's a cheap way to divide an investment into a separate revenue stream with a little extra protection. To think it is some big deal is patently stupid.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2016, 01:39:50 pm »

Regardless of how one might like or dislike Trump, which of this list Sinkspur posted was a lie?

This thread is about Mark Levin. BTW, Reagan was divorced, Limbaugh was divorced several times. He wasn't a draft dodger, and wasn't responsible for the bankruptcies.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 01:40:06 pm by Politics4us »

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2016, 01:41:32 pm »
Actually, the only thing he's been wrong about when it comes to Trump is the degree to which Trump would be able to buffalo otherwise intelligent conservatives/republicans.

And George W. Bush didn't do that, leading to destroying the Republican Party? You're still wrong either way, even if you're claiming that he's just duping people.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2016, 01:43:14 pm »
I looked over my post. I don't see where I said anything about hate?

0.008. I'll take that much failure in my business any day.

You're right about one thing, though. No single candidate in my memory has ever had to defend against such a barrage of criticism as Donald Trump has.

There was no talk about hatin' on Romney -- except maybe by a few religious bigots -- because Romney didn't have the kitchen sink thrown at him by 16 competitors, scores of debate moderators, the entire left wing media and 70% of the right wing media, the GOPe.

Romney didn't get the Hitler comparisons, the KKK racist comparisons, the Mussolini comparisons, the xenophobe, the misogynist; his supporters didn't get compared to mindless zombies and idiots ..I could go on and on and on, you know what I'm talking about. Maybe even indulged a bit yourself--I'm not accusing, just making a point.

That's right, no one mentioned anything about hate during Romney's campaign because it didn't exist.

TDS is a clinical condition brought on by exposure to Donald Trump. Some people have even sought professional help to cope with it. That's part joke and part truth.

Where to begin...

To start with, the term "hater" is used here continually to describe those opposed to Trump.  We're basically all lumped into that "hate" basket regardless.  As for comparisons, you immediately diverted the discussion of Trump's business failures over to Romney.  As I said, it's a typical tactic used lucratively on both sides of the aisle. 

No one mentioned hate during the Romney campaign (well there were the anti-Mormons) because Romney didn't have the laundry list that Trump does.  He gets the kitchen sink thrown at him because they're his kitchen sinks.  Why is it wrong for a moderator to go after specific things he's said or done?  Never in history has there been a candidate with this many negative issues. 

The question you need to ask yourself is why so much antipathy toward Trump?  And no its not the rationale of his supporters that he's going to turn Washington completely around, dissolve the power of the establishment, and end corruption and inefficiency in government.  Many have tried, none have succeeded.  Nor is it something as simple as TDS which his supporters want to believe.  It's real issues within his business background, his perceived lack of an identifiable ideology, his personal life, his vulgar and offensive language, attacks on almost every group in the Country, his promises everyone knows can't possibly be achieved; his flip-flopping on numerous issues, his political background. 

And no I don't hate the guy.  I don't respect him and hope he can still be defeated by convention time.  But I don't think that's likely to happen.

It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2016, 01:44:16 pm »
I deleted my post, because I knew you could come up with a handful...

But Michael Savage supported Jerry Brown in CA, so I wouldn't put him on my list, were I you.......

He's a conservative in general.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2016, 01:55:59 pm »
This thread is about Mark Levin. BTW, Reagan was divorced, Limbaugh was divorced several times. He wasn't a draft dodger, and wasn't responsible for the bankruptcies.

He may not have been a draft dodger, but  he did manage every way out, which only came out through FOIA.  Telling the world his Vietnam was sleeping around doesn't add to his "non draft-dodger" self-image.  And I think the bankruptcy thing has been hashed over.  They existed; they were his babies.  So far I haven't seen anything in that list that Sink lied about.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2016, 05:00:10 pm »
He's a conservative in general.

Except that supporting a leftist lunatic, Jerry Brown...................

.............. which NO "conservative in general" would ever do.

Savage is a shock entertainer.  No more than that. 

He's in the Howard Stern category, IMO, and not exactly a stellar example to bring up as a Trump supporter.

Neither is Coulter, who jumped ship from Conservatism years and years ago.

Schlafley is 91 and may not be fully aware of what she's saying.

But the bottom line is this....  Trump is NOT Conservative, and people who ARE Conservative shouldn't be endorsing a liberal.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2016, 08:09:17 pm »
Levin had a cheap shot against Alec Baldwin, when he said to him, "No wonder why your wife is so pissed off at you" on the Brian Whitman Show. Number two, he did compare Trump's rhetoric to Stalin's the other day. He also has a future son-in-law working for Ted Cruz.

If that's the worst you can come up with, you're making Levin look good.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2016, 12:29:37 am »
Where to begin...

To start with, the term "hater" is used here continually to describe those opposed to Trump.  We're basically all lumped into that "hate" basket regardless.  As for comparisons, you immediately diverted the discussion of Trump's business failures over to Romney.  As I said, it's a typical tactic used lucratively on both sides of the aisle. 

No one mentioned hate during the Romney campaign (well there were the anti-Mormons) because Romney didn't have the laundry list that Trump does.  He gets the kitchen sink thrown at him because they're his kitchen sinks.  Why is it wrong for a moderator to go after specific things he's said or done?  Never in history has there been a candidate with this many negative issues. 

The question you need to ask yourself is why so much antipathy toward Trump?  And no its not the rationale of his supporters that he's going to turn Washington completely around, dissolve the power of the establishment, and end corruption and inefficiency in government.  Many have tried, none have succeeded.  Nor is it something as simple as TDS which his supporters want to believe.  It's real issues within his business background, his perceived lack of an identifiable ideology, his personal life, his vulgar and offensive language, attacks on almost every group in the Country, his promises everyone knows can't possibly be achieved; his flip-flopping on numerous issues, his political background. 

And no I don't hate the guy.  I don't respect him and hope he can still be defeated by convention time.  But I don't think that's likely to happen.

Very well put.  Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2016, 12:52:26 am »

Very well put.  Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Thank you.  :beer: