Author Topic: Support for Trump rises near 50% among Republicans  (Read 5891 times)

Bill Cipher

Re: Support for Trump rises near 50% among Republicans
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2016, 03:10:06 am »
Here's a thought...don't go to a private speaking event and try to suppress everyone's First Amendment rights. Doesn't mean anyone deserves to get punched, it means when you try to crush people's rights some may get angry and lash out with a fist. So the answer is, let the candidate and his followers freely exercise their constitutional right to free speech...and then there's not even the possibility of violence. The fault rests with those attempting to suppress people's rights (anti-Trump radicals sent by moveon and other rad groups) and yes, with whoever lashes out with violence because they are angry over having their rights taken away...it absolutely does not rest with Donald Trump or any other of his supporters.

Are you serious?  You do know that First Amendment rights can only be suppressed by the government, don't you?  The First Amendment prohibitions don't apply to private individuals.  And two or three individuals in a sea of Trump supporters are not going to be preventing anyone from having their say.  And finally, these two were already on the way out, and not voluntarily.  The fault lies entirely with the Trump supporters, not with the protestors.  I feel sorry for the Trump supporter who got arrested; he probably started out the day in a nice comfortable house he earned with his own hard work, and is going to end up in a dank ugly holding cell, but that is entirely his fault.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2016, 03:15:36 am »
Wait a minute. These violent events are ALL being caused by Bernie and Hillary supporters and those from various Dem affiliated hate groups (moveon.org, Black Lives Matter, etc.) who are trying to shut down the free speech rights of GOPr's at Trump events...and THEY (the Dems) are doing nothing to tamp this down. THEY are causing violence by their actions to suppress free speech.

Put the tail on the right Donkey. For once.

Good post. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2016, 03:16:47 am »
Are you serious?  You do know that First Amendment rights can only be suppressed by the government, don't you?  The First Amendment prohibitions don't apply to private individuals.  And two or three individuals in a sea of Trump supporters are not going to be preventing anyone from having their say.  And finally, these two were already on the way out, and not voluntarily.  The fault lies entirely with the Trump supporters, not with the protestors.  I feel sorry for the Trump supporter who got arrested; he probably started out the day in a nice comfortable house he earned with his own hard work, and is going to end up in a dank ugly holding cell, but that is entirely his fault.

I know that it is NOT true that freedom of speech can only be suppressed by the government. If I lock you up and put tape over your mouth, do you have freedom of speech. The PRNICIPLE of free speech in this country goes far deper than your framing of it above...when a conservative speaker is shouted down and chased off of a campus, free speech has been taken away. Likewise at a political rally. In particular, individuals working in a concerted way as minions/representatives of the Democratic party...often being paid to do so...to silence the political speech of Republicans...are violating ALL of our free speech rights. This is not about one overwrought guy at a rally who took a swing at someone, its about an organized effort to silence the political speech of conservatives in general, and of Trump in particular.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:17:54 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2016, 03:30:17 am »
Chosen Daughter wrote:
"Sorry but Trump supporters speak for themselves.  Nobody has to build caricature of the supporters.  Passion is one thing.  Violence is another."

Seems like all of the disruptions -- road blockades, rowdy protests that have become near-violent -- have come from the leftist anti-Trump people.

If there continue to be blockades and attempts to prevent pro-Trump folks from assembling peacefully -- perhaps then some non-"nonviolent" activity on the part of the Trump folks will be called for, and appropriate.

We cannot repeatedly "turn the other cheek" to the left forever.
If the other side pushes... at some point... you have to push back.

If American colonists had exercised only "nonviolence" against the British back in the 1770's, we'd probably still be singing "God Save the Queen" today.

Not so long ago your candidate was the left who helped get Obama elected.  Its so funny but I remember all of the people from moveon back then too.  You do know that Trump has said that Hillary and Obama both were doing great jobs.  Smart......  And its funny but their positions have never changed.  Only Trump.  Are you suggesting civil war?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2016, 03:43:24 am »
Not so long ago your candidate was the left who helped get Obama elected.  Its so funny but I remember all of the people from moveon back then too.  You do know that Trump has said that Hillary and Obama both were doing great jobs.  Smart......  And its funny but their positions have never changed.  Only Trump.  Are you suggesting civil war?

He was a businessman working both sides...he'd be an idiot if he didn't play it down the middle. Saying nice things about people in office and donating money to both sides says absolutely ZERO about what is personal views are...it just says he's a wise businessman.

Where in the world are you getting civil war from? Talk about out of Left Field.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 03:44:51 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline aligncare

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2016, 03:52:11 am »
I know that it is NOT true that freedom of speech can only be suppressed by the government. If I lock you up and put tape over your mouth, do you have freedom of speech. The PRNICIPLE of free speech in this country goes far deper than your framing of it above...when a conservative speaker is shouted down and chased off of a campus, free speech has been taken away. Likewise at a political rally. In particular, individuals working in a concerted way as minions/representatives of the Democratic party...often being paid to do so...to silence the political speech of Republicans...are violating ALL of our free speech rights. This is not about one overwrought guy at a rally who took a swing at someone, its about an organized effort to silence the political speech of conservatives in general, and of Trump in particular.

Even gooder post

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2016, 03:53:20 am »
He was a businessman working both sides...he'd be an idiot if he didn't play it down the middle. Saying nice things about people in office and donating money to both sides says absolutely ZERO about what is personal views are...it just says he's a wise businessman.

Where in the world are you getting civil war from? Talk about out of Left Field.

Not so fast.  http://www.westernjournalism.com/revealed-what-donald-trump-said-about-obama-in-2009-will-make-you-question-everything/

Why do I ask about Civil War?

your words:

If American colonists had exercised only "nonviolence" against the British back in the 1770's, we'd probably still be singing "God Save the Queen" today.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So you are saying you condone violence to assure what?  We have already won that war and we are already free.  So whats your agenda now and who is the Queen?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2016, 03:53:37 am »

Of course. Trump has been lying his entire life because he's a businessman.

Do you know what an indictment that is of Trump?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2016, 07:40:22 am »
Not so fast.  http://www.westernjournalism.com/revealed-what-donald-trump-said-about-obama-in-2009-will-make-you-question-everything/

Why do I ask about Civil War?

your words:

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So you are saying you condone violence to assure what?  We have already won that war and we are already free.  So whats your agenda now and who is the Queen?

You do realize that the Revolutionary War and the Civil War were different events occurring nearly a century apart?

A-Lert

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2016, 08:10:17 am »
Here you go Fishrrman:

A Trump supporter beats up and kicks a protester in Tucson.  I'm sure you'll enjoy:

http://www.12news.com/news/local/arizona/violence-captured-on-camera-at-trump-rally-in-tucson/91228806

Why  would some moron protester wear a KKK hood to a Trump rally? I did enjoy seeing the black guy take offense. Proves to me that all those who accuse Trump of being a racist are liars or totally ignorant.

A-Lert

« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2016, 08:14:18 am »
Here you go Fishrrman:

A Trump supporter beats up and kicks a protester in Tucson.  I'm sure you'll enjoy:

http://www.12news.com/news/local/arizona/violence-captured-on-camera-at-trump-rally-in-tucson/91228806

Joan James
the left is mentally ill.

Show up to a rally to antagonise people, wear KKK hood and throw out Nazi salutes what do you expect to happen? Try getting a life. Leftists are such nasty people, the world's biggest losers.
Like · Reply · 2 · 6 hrs