Author Topic: Support for Trump rises near 50% among Republicans  (Read 5892 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Support for Trump rises near 50% among Republicans
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2016, 02:52:44 am »

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

Every time I speak of the haters and losers I do so with great love and affection. They cannot help the fact that they were born bleep up!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2016, 03:32:07 am »
“No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders. “

Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, November 4, 1775

“Nothing is more certain than that a general profligacy and corruption of manners make a people ripe for destruction. A good form of government may hold the rotten materials together for some time, but beyond a certain pitch, even the best constitution will be ineffectual, and slavery must ensue.”

John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men, 1776

It isn't like we had no warning!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:35:04 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2016, 03:36:40 am »
“No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders. “

Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, November 4, 1775

It isn't like we had no warning!

And this has what to do with Trump's rise to just under 50% among Republicans?

Are you calling me and all these Republican citizens "ignorant" and "debauched"??

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2016, 03:56:59 am »
http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TR130/type/smallest/filters/PARTY_ID_:2/dates/20160101-20160318/collapsed/false/spotlight/1

March 18, 2016
648 Respondents

Donald Trump 49.7%
    Ted Cruz 21.5%
    John Kasich 12.3%
    Marco Rubio 8.9%
 Wouldn’t vote 7.6%

Bernie you promised you wouldn't!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2016, 04:36:32 am »

Are you calling me and all these Republican citizens "ignorant" and "debauched"??

“It is necessary for every American, with becoming energy to endeavor to stop the dissemination of principles evidently destructive of the cause for which they have bled. It must be the combined virtue of the rulers and of the people to do this, and to rescue and save their civil and religious rights from the outstretched arm of tyranny, which may appear under any mode or form of government.”

Mercy Warren, History of the Rise, Progress, and Termination of the American Revolution, 1805

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2016, 11:28:23 am »

Well, if the shoe fits… neither he, I nor anyone else have to say it at all.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2016, 12:01:50 pm »
Well, if the shoe fits… neither he, I nor anyone else have to say it at all.

I would call Trump supporters "debauched" or any other demeaning catagory- but I will say they have a blind lust. And talking one out of voting for Trump would be like trying to talk a friend out of marrying a stripper. They have given in to the Sith Lord, and letiing their anger control their decisions, their emotions, their judgment, and the way they treet others who have not given in.

They need a lifeline. They need truth. And if I can take it, I will be here till the end dishing the truth out, and hopefully not giving into anger myself.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2016, 01:45:34 pm »
I would call Trump supporters "debauched" or any other demeaning catagory- but I will say they have a blind lust. And talking one out of voting for Trump would be like trying to talk a friend out of marrying a stripper. They have given in to the Sith Lord, and letiing their anger control their decisions, their emotions, their judgment, and the way they treet others who have not given in.

They need a lifeline. They need truth. And if I can take it, I will be here till the end dishing the truth out, and hopefully not giving into anger myself.

What you're doing is building absurd caricatures of Trump Supporters. I'm not "angry", just firmly committed to deeply reforming our current governance, and to re-establishing our borders, our military, our trade agreements, our health care (by killing Obamacare), our Supreme Court and our status in foreign affairs. Donald Trump is our best hope of achieving all of these major goals, and that view is based in reason and his own stated commitments. You can disagree, but this silly penchant for thinking Trump supporters are bewitched and bamboozled is just a Dem talking point. Be better than that.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 01:46:47 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2016, 01:48:17 pm »

What you're doing is building absurd caricatures of Trump Supporters. I'm not "angry", just firmly committed to deeply reforming our current governance, and to re-establishing our borders, our military, our trade agreements, our health care (by killing Obamacare), our Supreme Court and our status in foreign affairs. Donald Trump is our best hope of achieving all of these major goals, and that view is based in reason and his own stated commitments. You can disagree, but this silly penchant for thinking Trump supporters are bewitched and bamboozled is just a Dem talking point. Be better than that.

Why is Donald Trump our best hope for doing those things? What EVIDENCE can you present that would help someone like me come to agree with you?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Bill Cipher

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2016, 01:55:18 pm »

Other than your say-so, what evidence do you have that Trump is anything that you claim he is?  Proof.  What in his record or his past political positions suggests he will do what you say he will?

Fact is, his actual past political positions and people he's supporters do not support your claims for him.  That you and so many other thinking republicans have nonetheless bought into his snake oil can only be explained by bamboozlement.  That's not a dem talking point, that's a reality talking point.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2016, 01:58:50 pm »

The problem with Trump supporters is that they are so deeply invested now they are like the Obama sycophants who could never admit they made a huge mistake voting for him.  At some point, it becomes as much about them as about Trump.

They can't admit they've been suckered.

Offline Carling

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2016, 02:58:58 pm »
What does his family have to do with anything? At least Mitt stuck with one wife, unlike a certain other presidential frontrunner...

I take it you've never been married or gone through a divorce.  I have.

What a disgusting thing to post.  Do you admire HRC for sticking with Bill?  Do you admire HRC for trying to ruin the lives of the women Bill sexually assaulted?!

Reagan got divorced.  HRC didn't.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:00:53 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2016, 03:06:44 pm »

They can't admit they've been suckered.

I've already admitted I've been suckered.  Suckered into volunteering for GOProg losers like McCain and Romney and Ryan and McConnell.

I see the GOProg supporters and anti-Trump people as still being suckered.  Funny how that works.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2016, 04:13:19 pm »

But, you seem so angry. Come lie down here on the couch. I'll analyze your problem. I have a Masters degree in psychology and minored in political science. I can cure what ails you.

You're lost and alone. You're searching for meaning in your life. Along comes this charismatic leader with orange hair and a foul mouth and suddenly your mesmerized by his cool racism and xenophobia.

Oh, don't deny it. Don't tell me you put any thought behind your Trumpette support. No, no, no. You still need months more therapy.

Here, take two of these antipsychotic medications once every hour and schedule another appointment on you're way out. Buh-bye.

Offline Carling

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2016, 05:15:38 pm »
So you turned around and let yourself get suckered by Trump.  I'm beginning to notice a trend:  seems that no matter what, you're just a sucker.

I'm reporting this.  I just came off a one-day ban and haven't been told why.  If you aren't suspended then I know the bias of the moderators here.   :whistle:

Offline Mod2

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2016, 05:28:08 pm »
Bill Cipher - you are getting your warning now.  Do not attack posters - calling someone a sucker is a personal attack. 

Offline Carling

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2016, 05:40:57 pm »
Bill Cipher - you are getting your warning now.  Do not attack posters - calling someone a sucker is a personal attack.

A warning?

LOL at this place.  I got suspended for much less than that outright attack.

Wasn't Cipher suspended once before?  I thought he was...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:42:32 pm by Carling »

Offline Mod2

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2016, 05:45:27 pm »
A warning?

LOL at this place.  I got suspended for much less than that outright attack.

Wasn't Cipher suspended once before?  I thought he was...

You get a warning before a time-out.

Offline Carling

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2016, 05:48:47 pm »
You get a warning before a time-out.

I didn't get a warning before my timeout.  I'll assume I know the reason why...   :shrug: :whistle:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 05:49:14 pm by Carling »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2016, 05:54:18 pm »

Sorry but Trump supporters speak for themselves.  Nobody has to build caricature of the supporters.  Passion is one thing.  Violence is another.  When Trump does things like when he made fun of a man for asking about the swearing he is promoting people to act as he does.  It is what it is.  He is vulgar and insulting.  He insults anyone.  He is unprofessional and I couldn't even imagine someone like him leading our country. And I wish Trump supporters on this site wouldn't call Cruz an imitator of Trump on illegal immigration.

Support Kate's Law: oppose our leaders who won't enforce
Q: About the murder of Kate Steinle, allegedly shot down by an illegal immigrant--will you support Kate Steinle's Law, which would impose a mandatory five-year prison term for an illegal who is deported and then returns to this country?
CRUZ: Absolutely yes. And not only will I support it I have authored Kate's law in the United States Senate and filed that legislation. I tried to get the Senate to vote to pass Kate's law on the floor of the Senate just one week ago, and the leader of our own party blocked a vote on Kate's law. You know, there was reference made [by Donald Trump] about our leaders being stupid. It's not a question of stupidity. It's that they don't want to enforce the immigration laws. That there are far too many in the Washington cartel that support amnesty. There's 7 billion people across the face of the globe, many of whom want to come to this country. If they come legally, great. But if they come illegally & get amnesty, that would fundamentally change this country.

Source: Fox News/Facebook Top Ten First Tier debate transcript , Aug 6, 2015

Path to citizenship is profoundly unfair to legal immigrants
The Texas senator is pretty unequivocal: "I think a path to citizenship for those who are here illegally is profoundly unfair to the millions of legal immigrants who followed the rules," Cruz told ABC in 2013.
Cruz has repeatedly referred to President Obama's executive order as "lawless amnesty," and in 2013, he filed an amendment that would deny a pathway to citizenship to undocumented immigrants. However, Cruz has shown some vague support for a "path to legal status," according to The New York Times. He has also proposed doubling the number of green cards given out each year.

Cruz has opposed the DREAM Act, which would "provide illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States as children a path to permanent residency if they attend college or serve in the military." In 2014, he unsuccessfully tried to reverse Obama's executive order to halt the deportation of young, undocumented immigrants.

Source: National Journal 2016 series: Republicans on immigration , Feb 23, 2015

End Obama's illegal amnesty via Congress' checks & balances
Q: How to respond to the split within your party on immigration? What you're saying is that the Republicans should vote to fund the governments for all departments except one: no funding for the Department of Homeland Security, which handles immigration, rescinding President Obama's executive action, and if he vetoes that, he's responsible for shutting down the department. The problem is that's almost exactly what you did with the government shutdown across the entire government in 2013 with ObamaCare, and it backfired badly on your party.
CRUZ: All across this country, Republicans campaigned, saying: if you elect a Republican Senate, we will stop President Obama's illegal amnesty. We need to honor what we said. We should use the constitutional checks and balances that we have to rein in the abuse of power of the executive. Step #1 is if the president implements this lawless amnesty, that the Senate will not confirm any executive or judicial nominees.

Source: Fox News Sunday 2014 interview of 2016 presidential hopefuls , Nov 23, 2014

Defund amnesty; and refuse any nominees until rescinded
Q: How would you rescind President Obama's executive action on immigration?
CRUZ: We should use the constitutional checks and balances that we have to rein in the abuse of power of the executive. Step #1 that I have called for is the incoming majority leader should announce if the president implements this lawless amnesty, that the Senate will not confirm any executive or judicial nominees, other than vital national security positions, for the next two years, unless and until the president ends this lawless amnesty. That is an explicit authority given to the Senate.

Q: Are you saying the Senate should refuse to confirm the president's new nominee for attorney general?

CRUZ: We have to rein in the executive. In the Federalist Papers, our Framers talked about a president who would behave like a monarch. And step #2, we've got is the power of the purse, and we should fund one at a time the critical priorities of the federal government, but also use the power of the purse to attach riders.

Source: Fox News Sunday 2014 interview of 2016 presidential hopefuls , Nov 23, 2014

No path to citizenship for 1.65 million illegals in Texas
When discussing what to do about the 1.65 million illegal immigrants living in Texas, Cruz weaved into the Second Amendment, alleging his opponent didn't support gun rights. "What does this have to do with the question?" Sadler asked before fiercely denying his opponent's allegation. Cruz again said he didn't support a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants living in America, while Sadler said the opposite, as expected.
 Source: WFAA-TV Dallas-Fort Worth on 2012 Texas Senate debate , Oct 2, 2012

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Ted_Cruz_Immigration.htm

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2016, 06:56:05 pm »
Why is Donald Trump our best hope for doing those things? What EVIDENCE can you present that would help someone like me come to agree with you?

Here's why he's our best hope...honestly, at this point the only hope:
1) Kasich has no mathematical route to winning.
2) Cruz can't win because he can't bring in independents nor Reagan Dems.
3) A contested convention, whoever wins, tears the party apart and gives the election to Hillary.
4) Someone running 3rd party does the same as #3
5) The positions I listed ARE Trumps platform, in essence...whatever you may think of him, politically he will have no way to step away from those positions. He'd be eaten alive politically if he tried to do so, and as he's quite intelligent, he isn't going to commit political hari-kari.
6) The only alternative to Trump is Clinton, who will then shape the court to the extreme left for a full generation...she will cement socialized medicine...continue to collapse the military...and increase the pace of government growth...oh, and you can expect another 12 million immigrants from Mexico over the ensuing decade. Trump as the GOP nominee, and because he has run adamantly opposed to all these things, will have no choice but to oppose everything on that Hillary list.

Republicans have only this option...vote for Trump, or hand the country, the courts, and our future off to Hillary Clinton. This is as close to a certainty as is possible in politics. How can ANY Republican, no matter their dislike for Trump, allow Hillary Clinton to destroy this country...it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Voting ALWAYS means choosing the lesser of two evils...and while you can make a valid argument that your guy (Cruz or Kasich) is better than Trump, you absolutely cannot make an argument that a Hillary presidency is a better option. No intellectually honest Republican/Conservative could make that case...so its Trump or Hillary, I guess you'll have to make your own pick between those two. And make no mistake, not voting or going 3rd party IS voting for Hillary. But again, your call.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 06:56:59 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2016, 07:02:03 pm »
3) A contested convention, whoever wins, tears the party apart and gives the election to Hillary.
5) The positions I listed ARE Trumps platform, in essence...whatever you may think of him, politically he will have no way to step away from those positions. He'd be eaten alive politically if he tried to do so, and as he's quite intelligent, he isn't going to commit political hari-kari.
6) The only alternative to Trump is Clinton, who will then shape the court to the extreme left for a full generation...she will cement socialized medicine...continue to collapse the military...and increase the pace of government growth...oh, and you can expect another 12 million immigrants from Mexico over the ensuing decade. Trump as the GOP nominee, and because he has run adamantly opposed to all these things, will have no choice but to oppose everything on that Hillary list.

Republicans have only this option...vote for Trump, or hand the country, the courts, and our future off to Hillary Clinton. This is as close to a certainty as is possible in politics. How can ANY Republican, no matter their dislike for Trump, allow Hillary Clinton to destroy this country...it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Voting ALWAYS means choosing the lesser of two evils...and while you can make a valid argument that your guy (Cruz or Kasich) is better than Trump, you absolutely cannot make an argument that a Hillary presidency is a better option. No intellectually honest Republican/Conservative could make that case...so its Trump or Hillary, I guess you'll have to make your own pick between those two. And make no mistake, not voting or going 3rd party IS voting for Hillary. But again, your call.

Nope. Not voting is not voting.  That's all.  There will be over half the country not voting, so are they all for Hillary?  What nonsense.

You nor anyone else on Trump's side is going to be able to guilt people into voting for Trump.  The reason I'm not voting for him is Trump himself. You say he won't change, and I know that to be true. So he's going to be the rude vulgarian for the next eight months, will get killed in the general.

And you'll blame me for his loss, because nothing is ever Donald Trump's fault.  Like Obama, a supreme narcissist, he's never responsible for anything.

Enjoy Trump's wins now. November is going to be very ugly for him.  And for you.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2016, 07:24:23 pm »

I'm sorry but NONE of what you posted there is EVIDENCE that Trump would do ANY of the things in the post I originally responded to! 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2016, 07:31:41 pm »

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

Every time I speak of the haters and losers I do so with great love and affection. They cannot help the fact that they were born bleep up!

Salute the superior race!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2016, 07:33:20 pm »

Unfortunately, the see a liar and a fraud as their lifeline.  They wouldn't accept the truth now if it bit them in the derriere.!   
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.