Author Topic: Mitt Romney Endorses Cruz  (Read 5713 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Mitt Romney Endorses Cruz
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2016, 10:56:25 pm »
I remember that moment. Screaming at the TV. PERFECT opportunity.....did nothing.

Now I know why they called him mittens. Where were those damn boxing gloves, Mitt?

Oh, I see them now. Donald Trump laced them on.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2016, 11:13:11 pm »
Funny you mock this endorsement. Isn't it Trump who says he is going to expand the party beyond his base of support? Right here Cruz is doing it.

Cruz is not expanding the party.  Cruz is being absorbed by it.  This is a BIG difference from what Donald Trump is doing, Frank, this is a BIG effing difference.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 11:13:46 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2016, 11:15:19 pm »
Reread the endorsement. Romney endorsed "Not Trump." He said nothing about liking Cruz.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2016, 11:15:46 pm »
Cruz is not expanding the party.  Cruz is being absorbed by it.  This is a BIG difference from what Donald Trump is doing, Frank, this is a BIG effing difference.

Trump is driving off more voters than he's attracting.

Bring Democrats through the front door, chase away Republicans out the back door.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2016, 12:38:59 am »
With "friends" like Mitt, who needs............. ??

Sorry, folks, I couldn't help myself!  ;)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2016, 01:28:49 am »
Cruz has Romney, Trump has David Duke.

And Chris Christie who's state is asking him to resign.  And Carson who still hasn't decided if Trump will be a good or bad President if he gets elected.  Who also didn't mind being called a child molester as long as Trump received political gain from it.  And Senator Sessions who has condemned the practice of bankruptcy for profit yet supports Donald who has used it 4 times.   Sounds like a pack of winners to me.

Then there is the Trump supporters phone banking for him https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/oops-pbs-story-trump-supporters-221003379.html

But back to the topic.  I am not a Romney fan but there are plenty of Republicans that are.  If you think he doesn't have anything to contribute you are wrong.  Right now Cruz needs someone like Romney to bridge the gap.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Carling

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2016, 01:32:11 am »
Reread the endorsement. Romney endorsed "Not Trump." He said nothing about liking Cruz.

Correct.  Romney's worthless endorsement was solely as a GOProgger trying to salvage at least something from this complete GOP voter rebellion. 

This site is now GOProg Central, which is interesting to me.   :pondering:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2016, 01:55:34 am »
Funny you mock this endorsement. Isn't it Trump who says he is going to expand the party beyond his base of support? Right here Cruz is doing it.

:amen:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2016, 02:03:06 am »
And Chris Christie who's state is asking him to resign.  And Carson who still hasn't decided if Trump will be a good or bad President if he gets elected.  Who also didn't mind being called a child molester as long as Trump received political gain from it.  And Senator Sessions who has condemned the practice of bankruptcy for profit yet supports Donald who has used it 4 times.   Sounds like a pack of winners to me.

Then there is the Trump supporters phone banking for him https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/oops-pbs-story-trump-supporters-221003379.html

But back to the topic.  I am not a Romney fan but there are plenty of Republicans that are.  If you think he doesn't have anything to contribute you are wrong.  Right now Cruz needs someone like Romney to bridge the gap.

Agree.  The GOP needs to come together in order to defeat Hillary. I think if Cruz wins a couple of more states you will see the GOP start to rally around him.  I'm lovin' it.  For those that hate Ted ... he's lookin' pretty good compared to Trump.  As for Romney ...  I voted for him against Hussein and there is no denying a Romney presidency would have been so much better for this country.  Romney was right on Russia and the Middle East ... if only they had listened.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

A-Lert

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2016, 02:10:01 am »
  And Carson who still hasn't decided if Trump will be a good or bad President if he gets elected.  Who also didn't mind being called a child molester

Shame on you. Carson was not called a child molester.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2016, 02:15:39 am »
Shame on you. Carson was not called a child molester.

Shame on me??? Shame on you!!

Carson: You Have To Admit Trump Calling Me A Child Molester 'Did Work'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/carson-child-molestor-trump-comments
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And Romney did endorse Cruz.

This week, in the Utah nominating caucus, I will vote for Senator Ted Cruz.

Today, there is a contest between Trumpism and Republicanism. Through the calculated statements of its leader, Trumpism has become associated with racism, misogyny, bigotry, xenophobia, vulgarity and, most recently, threats and violence. I am repulsed by each and every one of these.

The only path that remains to nominate a Republican rather than Mr. Trump is to have an open convention. At this stage, the only way we can reach an open convention is for Senator Cruz to be successful in as many of the remaining nominating elections as possible.

I like Governor John Kasich. I have campaigned with him. He has a solid record as governor. I would have voted for him in Ohio. But a vote for Governor Kasich in future contests makes it extremely likely that Trumpism would prevail.

I will vote for Senator Cruz and I encourage others to do so as well, so that we can have an open convention and nominate a Republican.

http://www.redstate.com/dan_mclaughlin/2016/03/18/mitt-romney-im-voting-ted-cruz.-too./

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2016, 02:20:11 am »
That pussbag is speaking in Salt Lake:

Ashley ParkerVerified account
‏@AshleyRParker
In which Trump questions Romney’s religion, in Salt Lake City: “Are we sure he's a Mormon? Are we sure?"

Trump trashed Rubio tonight. Rubio is out of the race, yet the scumbag has to drag him in front of his mob one more time.
#NeverTrump. Not ever.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2016, 02:29:36 am »
That pussbag is speaking in Salt Lake:

Ashley ParkerVerified account
‏@AshleyRParker
In which Trump questions Romney’s religion, in Salt Lake City: “Are we sure he's a Mormon? Are we sure?"

Trump trashed Rubio tonight. Rubio is out of the race, yet the scumbag has to drag him in front of his mob one more time.
#NeverTrump. Not ever.

Unbelievable ... The guy is just deranged and it is incomprehensible that people continue to support him.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2016, 02:32:27 am »
Unbelievable ... The guy is just deranged and it is incomprehensible that people continue to support him.

He can do or say anything he wants, and his gerbils will follow him, over the cliff.

A-Lert

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2016, 02:38:07 am »
Shame on me??? Shame on you!!

Carson: You Have To Admit Trump Calling Me A Child Molester 'Did Work'

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/carson-child-molestor-trump-comments
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And Romney did endorse Cruz.

This week, in the Utah nominating caucus, I will vote for Senator Ted Cruz.

Today, there is a contest between Trumpism and Republicanism. Through the calculated statements of its leader, Trumpism has become associated with racism, misogyny, bigotry, xenophobia, vulgarity and, most recently, threats and violence. I am repulsed by each and every one of these.

The only path that remains to nominate a Republican rather than Mr. Trump is to have an open convention. At this stage, the only way we can reach an open convention is for Senator Cruz to be successful in as many of the remaining nominating elections as possible.

I like Governor John Kasich. I have campaigned with him. He has a solid record as governor. I would have voted for him in Ohio. But a vote for Governor Kasich in future contests makes it extremely likely that Trumpism would prevail.

I will vote for Senator Cruz and I encourage others to do so as well, so that we can have an open convention and nominate a Republican.

http://www.redstate.com/dan_mclaughlin/2016/03/18/mitt-romney-im-voting-ted-cruz.-too./

Shame on you for posting lies.

Carson: Trump Didn't Call Me A Child Molester...
dailycaller.com/2015/11/13/carson-trump-didnt-call-me-a...

Nov 12, 2015 · Carson: Trump Didn’t Call Me A Child Molester; Reporters Twisted His Words [VIDEO]

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2016, 03:01:26 am »

Trump supporters

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2016, 03:04:43 am »
Trump supporters

Those are rats, ac.

You posted the picture, not me.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2016, 03:05:59 am »

Mongolian gerbils...from Wikipedia.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2016, 03:14:31 am »
Shame on you for posting lies.

Carson: Trump Didn't Call Me A Child Molester...
dailycaller.com/2015/11/13/carson-trump-didnt-call-me-a...

Nov 12, 2015 · Carson: Trump Didn’t Call Me A Child Molester; Reporters Twisted His Words [VIDEO]

What?  Seriously???  All you are doing is showing that Carson can't decide what to say.  Says one thing and then another.  I am sure that both are verifiable quotes.  Up to the challenge?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2016, 03:16:37 am »
Mongolian gerbils...from Wikipedia.

Look like rats to me. Anyway, gerbils are a rat cousin.

You sure you want to continue this analogy?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2016, 03:23:39 am »
Those are rats, ac.

You posted the picture, not me.

dinner?

A-Lert

« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2016, 09:12:50 am »
What?  Seriously???  All you are doing is showing that Carson can't decide what to say.  Says one thing and then another.  I am sure that both are verifiable quotes.  Up to the challenge?

Carson says something and you and the leftist twits twist his words and lie. Shame on you!! You never posted a quote from Carson because there isn't any. You're disgusting.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2016, 12:37:29 pm »
Correct.  Romney's worthless endorsement was solely as a GOProgger trying to salvage at least something from this complete GOP voter rebellion. 

This site is now GOProg Central, which is interesting to me.   :pondering:

Correct UNIPARTY, Clinton Republicans is central on this site. That is a good thing because it fun to watch the desperation and nothing they can do about it except bitch at the keyboard.  :silly:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2016, 01:02:40 pm »
Trump on Romney: 'Are you sure he's a Mormon?'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/18/politics/donald-trump-mormon-mitt-romney-utah/index.html

Romney became at least the third high-profile Republican to have his religion questioned by Trump. Both Cruz, who is Southern Baptist, and former 2016 candidate Ben Carson, who is Seventh-Day Adventist, have had to reaffirm the particulars of their faith after being questioned by Trump.

How can one support a candidate who says and does things that they would immediately condemn from any other candidate. And they are not hear-say but recorded statements. Trump will be washed away if not now then in November as he rightly deserves to be. There is no one worse than Trump in the garbage that he utters. Not only the garbage, but his total lack of preparedness on issues, I remember Gov Perry being shot down as front runner after bumbling a debate question. Trump is non-stop bumbling when questioned on specifics. He knows no details and responds like a junior high student.

#NeverTrump

Good point.  Obviously 'religious liberty' means nothing to Trump.  Of course it is becoming apparent that 'Donald J. Trump' thinks he is above everyone else.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2016, 01:04:58 pm »
Correct UNIPARTY, Clinton Republicans is central on this site. That is a good thing because it fun to watch the desperation and nothing they can do about it except bitch at the keyboard.  :silly:

Clinton Republican?  How is that any different than a Trump Republican?  Clinton/Trump; no difference.