Author Topic: Mitt Romney Endorses Cruz  (Read 5712 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitt Romney Endorses Cruz
« on: March 18, 2016, 07:54:00 pm »
from his facebook page

Mitt Romney
7 mins ·

This week, in the Utah nominating caucus, I will vote for Senator Ted Cruz.

Today, there is a contest between Trumpism and Republicanism. Through the calculated statements of its leader, Trumpism has become associated with racism, misogyny, bigotry, xenophobia, vulgarity and, most recently, threats and violence. I am repulsed by each and every one of these.

The only path that remains to nominate a Republican rather than Mr. Trump is to have an open convention. At this stage, the only way we can reach an open convention is for Senator Cruz to be successful in as many of the remaining nominating elections as possible.

I like Governor John Kasich. I have campaigned with him. He has a solid record as governor. I would have voted for him in Ohio. But a vote for Governor Kasich in future contests makes it extremely likely that Trumpism would prevail.

I will vote for Senator Cruz and I encourage others to do so as well, so that we can have an open convention and nominate a Republican.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

A-Lert

Re: Mitt Romney Endorses Cruz
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 07:57:48 pm »
Say it isn't so.......

savme savme

Offline Paladin

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 07:59:00 pm »
Yet one more reason to support Trump.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 08:01:07 pm »
Poor Ted!  First Lindsey and now Mitt!
I am sure those are two he could do without!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 08:04:09 pm »
Wow talk about an endorsement you should passionately refuse.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 08:06:39 pm »
Considering the impact of the previous Romney speech on the Florida election, I doubt his influence is worth much, except in Utah.

Cruz was already expected to win in Utah, which means Romney's move may have zero results.

Romney joins GOP establishment hacks McCain, Dole, Graham, Rove, etc. Not exactly a crew on the way up, right?

This appears to be the next phase of "Operation Sea Island" whereby a series of futile actions are deployed at the eleventh hour to do what 16 candidates could not do.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 08:10:03 pm »
Wow talk about an endorsement you should passionately refuse.

Cruz has Romney, Trump has David Duke.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 08:16:30 pm »
Wow gone beyond shameless lying to just stupid lying now. From Glen Beck's website

Former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke Accuses Media of ‘Lying’: ‘I Never Endorsed Trump’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/01/former-kkk-grand-wizard-david-duke-accuses-media-of-lying-i-never-endorsed-trump/

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 08:20:32 pm »
Wow gone beyond shameless lying to just stupid lying now. From Glen Beck's website

Former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke Accuses Media of ‘Lying’: ‘I Never Endorsed Trump’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/01/former-kkk-grand-wizard-david-duke-accuses-media-of-lying-i-never-endorsed-trump/

David Duke: Voting against Trump is 'treason to your heritage'

The white nationalist and former KKK grand wizard encouraged his listeners to volunteer for Trump.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/david-duke-trump-219777#ixzz43HuTFGLi
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 08:20:54 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 08:36:27 pm »

Yeah, well, yesterday a leprechaun endorsed me after I had 12 green beers. I didn't want the endorsement but I couldn't get rid of the guy!

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 08:40:45 pm »

Thank you, Governor! https://t.co/4zbAGaIGSH— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) March 18, 2016

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 08:44:15 pm »

Funny you mock this endorsement. Isn't it Trump who says he is going to expand the party beyond his base of support? Right here Cruz is doing it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2016, 08:56:20 pm »

Ted Cruz Verified account
‏@tedcruz

Ted Cruz Retweeted Mitt Romney

Thank you, Governor!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Longiron

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2016, 09:00:15 pm »

If the RINOGOPe really wanted to take TRUMP out Ms. Lindsey, MIttens, Turrtle, McShame all should endorse TRUMP. That would be problems for TRUMP but glad they helped TRUMP by endorsing CRUZ. These Clinton Republicans are a weird lot! :silly:

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2016, 09:02:06 pm »
The moment "when you see a car starting to spin out of control on ice and should look away" has arrived.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2016, 09:04:57 pm »
Establishment, globalist, took $37 million from just 4 donors:

-Cruz voted for TPP

-Cruz voted for Corker’s Iran nuke deal

-Cruz, as an executive on NRSC, donated $250k at the behest of McConnell, that was then used in the 2014 Mississippi fraud

-Cruz joined Bush organization in 2000

-Cruz wrote WSJ op-ed to endorse John Roberts for SCOTUS (an indicator of future appointments)

-Cruz now has JEB campaign team on his staff - THAT screams Establishment

-Heidi Cruz on CFR’s North American Union that pushes NO BORDERS

-Cruz was supporting amnesty...until recently - a move so transparent anyone can see his dishonesty

-Jeff Sessions endorsed Trump - not Cruz

-Sarah Palin endorsed Trump - not Cruz

Offline flowers

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 09:07:14 pm »
Romney is everything that is wrong with the GOP today. I am sure his endorsement means as much as a !jeb endorsement. Or a Rubio one. His likability is probably lower than what !jeb was.

Offline flowers

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2016, 09:11:23 pm »
Establishment, globalist, took $37 million from just 4 donors:

-Cruz voted for TPP

-Cruz voted for Corker’s Iran nuke deal

-Cruz, as an executive on NRSC, donated $250k at the behest of McConnell, that was then used in the 2014 Mississippi fraud

-Cruz joined Bush organization in 2000

-Cruz wrote WSJ op-ed to endorse John Roberts for SCOTUS (an indicator of future appointments)

-Cruz now has JEB campaign team on his staff - THAT screams Establishment

-Heidi Cruz on CFR’s North American Union that pushes NO BORDERS

-Cruz was supporting amnesty...until recently - a move so transparent anyone can see his dishonesty

-Jeff Sessions endorsed Trump - not Cruz

-Sarah Palin endorsed Trump - not Cruz
Spot on aligncare!  You did leave out the Beck factor though.  :laugh:

Offline flowers

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2016, 09:59:43 pm »
From Romney FB page......................

Chris Burris There is a choice...and it is ours to make...not yours Mitt. Any moron could've defeated Obama from ever having a second term and you even managed to fail at that. But now we are all supposed to get on your bandwagon? No thanks.
Like · Reply · 4,691 · 2 hrs · Edited
473 Replies · 4 mins
Jeffrey Brantley
Jeffrey Brantley Thanks Mitt for endorsing Cruz. That should put Trump over the top.Americans know you are a "has been "and you should stay out of it.I have been proud to be a Republican all my life.I did vote for you but you have disappointed me to the point that I wouldn't vote for anyone you endorse.Let us, the voters decide.TRUMP 2016
Like · Reply · 1,853 · 1 hr
98 Replies · 5 mins
Ed Lion
Ed Lion Cruz was my choice until he blamed Trump for the behavior of the "activists" in Chicago. I'm proud to have voted for you in 2012, but if the republican party subverts the will of the people, I will never again vote for one.
Like · Reply · 2,206 · 2 hrs · Edited
220 Replies · 1 min
Camile Jackson
Camile Jackson Romney you are a sad human being. You are lost the election to Obama, the republicans took the house/senate and have done nothing. Trump is the only answer. You need to get on the Trump train or go away.
Like · Reply · 1,445 · 2 hrs
59 Replies · 2 mins
Frank Canning Sr.
Frank Canning Sr. Mitt, you sound like a liberal news reporter. I have not heard a negative comment from Trump on racism, misogyny, bigotry, xenophobia, vulgarity and, most recently, threats and violence. If the Party does not unite behind Trump, you hand the election to Hillary, a third Democrat win. The Party is giving more effort to fighting Trump that to Hillary, unite or lose.

A-Lert

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2016, 10:05:45 pm »
David Duke: Voting against Trump is 'treason to your heritage'

The white nationalist and former KKK grand wizard encouraged his listeners to volunteer for Trump.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/david-duke-trump-219777#ixzz43HuTFGLi

Trumps daughter and grandkids are Jewish.

A-Lert

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2016, 10:06:49 pm »
Romney is everything that is wrong with the GOP today. I am sure his endorsement means as much as a !jeb endorsement. Or a Rubio one. His likability is probably lower than what !jeb was.

$63 Million and Counting: Anti-Trump Ads Take Over the Airwaves
[ABC News]
RYAN STRUYK and SHUSHANNAH WALSHE
March 18, 2016

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2016, 10:08:54 pm »
Spot on aligncare!  You did leave out the Beck factor though.  :laugh:

Yes, I did that deliberately because I don't consider Glenn Beck to be part of the establishment. Part of a booby hatch maybe, but not the establishment.

Offline flowers

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2016, 10:13:30 pm »
Yes, I did that deliberately because I don't consider Glenn Beck to be part of the establishment. Part of a booby hatch maybe, but not the establishment.
;)

Offline Carling

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2016, 10:18:02 pm »
Is Milquetoast Milt going to coach Cruz on how to mind-bogglingly lose what should have been the easiest GOP win since Reagan in 1984?

My "favorite" moment looking back at the 2012 campaign was when Candy Crowley and Obama had clearly conspired prior to the debate, Crowley was wrong anyhow, and Milt just stood there mouth agape, just like a big stiff elitist dummy, watching his electoral chances disintegrate right in front of his eyes without saying a word.

Yep, that's my Milt!  So proud I volunteered to make calls for such a fighter!   :tongue2:
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 10:19:28 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2016, 10:48:31 pm »
Is Milquetoast Milt going to coach Cruz on how to mind-bogglingly lose what should have been the easiest GOP win since Reagan in 1984?

My "favorite" moment looking back at the 2012 campaign was when Candy Crowley and Obama had clearly conspired prior to the debate, Crowley was wrong anyhow, and Milt just stood there mouth agape, just like a big stiff elitist dummy, watching his electoral chances disintegrate right in front of his eyes without saying a word.

Yep, that's my Milt!  So proud I volunteered to make calls for such a fighter!   :tongue2:
I remember that moment. Screaming at the TV. PERFECT opportunity.....did nothing.