Author Topic: NBC: Trump contradicts himself in 2 interviews minutes apart  (Read 1311 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

NBC: Trump contradicts himself in 2 interviews minutes apart
« on: March 18, 2016, 01:45:15 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/273213-nbc-trump-contradicts-himself-in-two-interviews-minutes-apart

The "Today" show on Wednesday called out Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump for "apparently contradicting himself" during back-to-back interviews this week.

The NBC show played a clip of Trump's phone interview on ABC's "Good Morning America" the previous day, during which the businessman responded to a critical ad of women reading his insulting remarks on women.

"Well, you know, I have seen it," Trump told ABC host George Stephanopoulos, before going on to dismiss the ad, from an anti-Trump super-PAC founded by a former Mitt Romney aide, as "sour grapes" from his detractors.

"Just a couple of minutes later, he appeared live on this show," NBC host Matt Lauer remarked Wednesday, playing a clip from Trump's appearance on the "Today" show from Tuesday.

"I have not seen the ad, so I would have to see it. I've heard about the ad, but I have not seen the ad," Trump said during the NBC appearance.

Trump has caught flak recently for other off-the-cuff remarks or contradictions, including claiming Tuesday that he "never said" he was going to pay for the legal fees of a supporter who sucker-punched a protester at a recent rally.

Brian Phillips ‎@RealBPhil

Pathological liar. He literally said "I'll pay for the legal fees".

https://twitter.com/rickklein/status/709697598827982848
7:46 AM - 15 Mar 2016

193 193 Retweets

Offline sinkspur

Re: NBC: Trump contradicts himself in 2 interviews minutes apart
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 01:51:22 pm »
Doesn't matter.  An article last week from Politico documented that Trump was caught in no fewer than fifty mischaracterizations and out right lies in ONE WEEK. 

So why does this surprise anybody?  The prevarications are built into the Trump cake by his followers.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 01:51:56 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 01:59:43 pm »
Doesn't matter.  An article last week from Politico documented that Trump was caught in no fewer than fifty mischaracterizations and out right lies in ONE WEEK. 

So why does this surprise anybody?  The prevarications are built into the Trump cake by his followers.

This one defies all logic. Why in Gods name lie about this a couple minutes later?

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 02:06:18 pm »
This one defies all logic. Why in Gods name lie about this a couple minutes later?

Trump is going to build a wall.  He is going to keep out Mexicans.  He is going to ban Muslims.  He is going to make America great again. He can lie as many times as he wants.  All his supporters hear is "wall, no Mexicans, no Muslims".

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 02:16:14 pm »
Trump is going to build a wall.  He is going to keep out Mexicans.  He is going to ban Muslims.  He is going to make America great again. He can lie as many times as he wants.  All his supporters hear is "wall, no Mexicans, no Muslims".

Well their going to be very surprised when they find out Trump is for touch back amnesty.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 02:17:21 pm »

Extreme narcissists live in the moment.  They respond to whatever is in front of them at the time, in the manner most beneficial to them. 

With ABC, Trump thought he could score points by trashing Romney. By the time he got to NBC, he thought he might piss off women if he said anything, so he professes ignorance.

That he lies in the process is of no concern to him.  It's always "How can I come out looking good?"

Just as Clinton numbed the country to sexual pecadilloes, Trump is inuring America to lying. 
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:20:06 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 02:20:21 pm »
Listening to Glenn beck, I heard a story where Trump just made up the fact that Walt Disney painted the tiles in Mars-a-Lago or wherever, and when his butler corrected him on it he just said "doesn't matter".

He's right!

I posted the story on the forum.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 02:25:17 pm »

It's what a narcissist does!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 08:56:36 pm »
Listening to Glenn beck, I heard a story where Trump just made up the fact that Walt Disney painted the tiles in Mars-a-Lago or wherever, and when his butler corrected him on it he just said "doesn't matter".

He's right!

I posted the story on the forum.

That story is insane and explains a lot about why he is so loose with the truth. He thinks if he says something at that moment in time it is true no matter what.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 09:19:50 pm »
Not going to hurt him at all. His supporters would drink his bathwater if they could.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!