Author Topic: Trump Won By Losing Ohio  (Read 397 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump Won By Losing Ohio
« on: March 17, 2016, 09:27:57 pm »
Trump won by losing Ohio, expert says

Donald Trump won by losing Ohio.

That's what Princeton neuroscientist Sam Wang told a crowd Wednesday at Northern Kentucky University.

Wang has garnered a reputation since 2004 for predicting presidential elections based on math, including coming within one electoral vote of the exact 2008 presidential election results.

Based on his numbers, Trump is better off because Ohio Gov. John Kasich won Ohio's Republican presidential primary Tuesday. That's because Trump fares better in a three-way race than head-to-head, Wang said.

"If you are in the audience and are an Ohio voter who voted in the Republican primary and voted for Kasich, indirectly, you voted to support Donald Trump," Wang said. "How does it feel?"

Trump's unpopularity, at minus-30 or more in some polls, would make it hard for him to get a majority of delegates head-to-head with Ted Cruz, he said. Kasich's and Marco Rubio's delegates would likely go to Cruz.

"Trump is pretty unpopular," Wang said. "He's less popular than Ted Cruz."

In fact, to stop Trump, Kasich should stop campaigning in some states, Wang said.

Politically that might seem absurd, But mathematically, it isn't, Wang said.

Kasich should avoid states where the winner takes all or most of the delegates, he said. That could mean Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Trump would split delegates, giving Kasich a chance at a contested convention in July.

"He should hang back and let Cruz take all the punches," Wang said.

Wang put Trump's odds of getting the GOP nomination at 90%.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/03/17/trump-won-by-losing-ohio-expert-says/81907466/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Trump Won By Losing Ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 09:40:40 pm »
I have to agree.  Kasich is Trump's stalking horse at this point. 

Bill Cipher

Re: Trump Won By Losing Ohio
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 09:47:19 pm »
He's assuming that winning is determined solely based on preconvention delegate counts and that is clearly not the case; it is certainly possible that Trump might be more likely to hit that goal because of Kasich, but if he does not then kasichs win in Ohio does not have the effect he describes.