Author Topic: TIME TO DROP OUT? Ted Cruz Needs 87% of Remaining Delegates to Win Nomination  (Read 760 times)

HAPPY2BME

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) would need 87% of remaining primary voters to win the nomination.
It might be time for Ted Cruz to drop out and endorse Donald J. Trump?

The New York Times reported:

Donald J. Trump’s series of victories on Tuesday extended his delegate lead and forced Senator Marco Rubio of Florida out of the presidential race. Mr. Trump’s path to winning enough delegates to secure the Republican nomination is not assured, but he is in a strong position.

Here are some ways the Republican nominating contest could unfold. Try adjusting the sliders to see how the outcomes change. Each line in the chart represents one possible outcome.

If Mr. Trump maintains his current level of support in the remaining races, he would almost certainly secure the nomination.

After Tuesday’s contests, no other candidate retains a real chance of capturing the delegates required to win the nomination outright. Mr. Rubio dropped out, Gov. John Kasich of Ohio is too far behind, and Senator Ted Cruz of Texas would need to win the vast majority of the remaining delegates — a near impossibility.

Donald Trump can win the nomination if he continues on his current trajectory.
Ted Cruz would need to win 87% of the remaining delegates – a near impossibility.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/time-to-drop-ted-cruz-needs-87-of-remaining-delegates-to-win-nomination/

Offline NavyCanDo

Hell No!     He can get to 87% it's a long shot, but the math supports it. But more importantly he needs to stay in to prevent Trump from getting 50% +1, which is 1237, which is just as much of a long shot for Trump.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

More Trump cheerleading from Jim Hoft.  Gateway and Trumpbart are shameless propaganda organs for Trump.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline andy58-in-nh

More trumpaganda from Trumpway Pundit (as opposed this time to the Trump Report or Trumpbart).

Unless he performs far better among registered Republican voters than he has to date, and with quite a number of closed primaries upcoming, Trump will not win a majority of delegates prior to the convention. Assuming no one has reached the magic number, once at the convention, Cruz stands to inherit Rubio's delegates in large numbers.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
That's only part of the story.  There are a whole lot of delegates whose candidate has dropped out and have become available. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
More trumpaganda from Trumpway Pundit (as opposed this time to the Trump Report or Trumpbart).

Unless he performs far better among registered Republican voters than he has to date, and with quite a number of closed primaries upcoming, Trump will not win a majority of delegates prior to the convention. Assuming no one has reached the magic number, once at the convention, Cruz stands to inherit Rubio's delegates in large numbers.

??? The rules behind delegates is a little new to me, but I was under the understanding that Rubio has both bound and unbound delegates.  Bound delegates still have to vote for Rubio until another ballot.  The unbound delegates can go to anyone?  I would love to think that they would all go to C
Let Trump drop out.  He is the buffoon who most of the rest of us find entirely unacceptable.  He is the bully who smeared everyone else in order to get where he is at right now. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline MBB1984

If Cruz can win Arizona, he should continue the fight.  If Trump wins Arizona, a winner take all state, it is time the GOP unifies around Trump. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Let Trump drop out.  He is the buffoon who most of the rest of us find entirely unacceptable.  He is the bully who smeared everyone else in order to get where he is at right now.

:amen: :amen:  Let the fifth grade bully drop out!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Bill Cipher

If Cruz can win Arizona, he should continue the fight.  If Trump wins Arizona, a winner take all state, it is time the GOP unifies around Trump. 

Would that give Trump a majority of delegates who must vote for him on the first convention ballot?  If not, then Cruz should not drop out and should not under any circumstances endorse Trump.  Or is Trump going to sue him if he doesn't?

As for unifying around Trump?  Trump and the Trumpettes killed that idea a long time ago.  Even if he gets a majority of delegates before the convention, he will almost certainly not have the support of a significant number of GOP voters because of his obvious liberalism, his bigoted divisive policies, and his Pontius Pilate like indirect approval of violence by his supporters.  No, that ship sailed a long time ago and unless he makes a substantial about face after a nomination it will never return to port.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:30:56 pm by Bill Cipher »

Offline Frank Cannon

Jim Hoft is a horses ass.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
More Trump cheerleading from Jim Hoft.  Gateway and Trumpbart are shameless propaganda organs for Trump.

SHame, because Hoft had a great site with stories you don't find anywhere else.

Offline MBB1984

Would that give Trump a majority of delegates who must vote for him on the first convention ballot?  If not, then Cruz should not drop out and should not under any circumstances endorse Trump.  Or is Trump going to sue him if he doesn't?

As for unifying around Trump?  Trump and the Trumpettes killed that idea a long time ago.  Even if he gets a majority of delegates before the convention, he will almost certainly not have the support of a significant number of GOP voters because of his obvious liberalism, his bigoted divisive policies, and his Pontius Pilate like indirect approval of violence by his supporters.  No, that ship sailed a long time ago and unless he makes a substantial about face after a nomination it will never return to port.

If Cruz can't win Arizona, his chances of winning the GOP nomination effectively drop below 1%.  The next primary states are not favorable to Cruz and Trump will have momentum.  Trump is already ahead in California and New York polls.  If Cruz wins AZ he has a decent chance of catching momentum.  But if he doesn't it is time to rally around Trump despite his flaws and every candidate has flaws.  A brokered Convention only helps elect Hillary. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Can't believe it!  Why would anybody be calling for Cruz to get out of the race?  If you want to know who should get out it is Kasich.  He has zero hope of getting the nomination.  If this is coming from Trump he should get out.  Cruz is going to crush him now that Rubio is out.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 12:24:07 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Bill Cipher

If Cruz can't win Arizona, his chances of winning the GOP nomination effectively drop below 1%.  The next primary states are not favorable to Cruz and Trump will have momentum.  Trump is already ahead in California and New York polls.  If Cruz wins AZ he has a decent chance of catching momentum.  But if he doesn't it is time to rally around Trump despite his flaws and every candidate has flaws.  A brokered Convention only helps elect Hillary. 

A brokered election only helps get Clinton elected if Trump does not get the nomination and his supporters make good on his threat to riot, and then petulantly sit out the election.  Even so, the risks of Clinton being elected because of such a convention are less than the risks if Trump is the nominee. 

Offline NavyCanDo

Trump should drop out for repeatedly revealing his ignorance on basic matters of national importance such as the three ways of launching nuclear weapons, the difference between Quds and Kurds, his dissregard to the importance of maintaing our line of defence in Eastern Europe, Japan, and South Korea, and the support of Israel.  Then there his insulting the leaders of allied countries like Germany.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump should drop out for repeatedly revealing his ignorance on basic matters of national importance such as the three ways of launching nuclear weapons, the difference between Quds and Kurds, his dissregard to the importance of maintaing our line of defence in Eastern Europe, Japan, and South Korea, and the support of Israel.  Then there his insulting the leaders of allied countries like Germany.

Are you kidding?  Those things aren't important.  The crowd has other things to think of.  Like Trump and WWE

It isn't any wonder that violence is the norm.  Its confusing.  Television entertainment or Trump rally.  I think people may just forget.

I need a hero!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Bill Cipher

:thumbsup: