Author Topic: Trump Names Jeff Sessions Chairman of Foreign Policy Advisory Committee  (Read 1619 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=719484

Newsmax
Trump Names Jeff Sessions Chairman of Foreign Policy Advisory Committee
Wednesday, March 16, 2016 10:20 PM

By: Greg Richter

GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump has named Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions chairman of his foreign policy advisory committee, Trump senior adviser Stephen Miller told Fox News Channel Wednesday night.

Miller told "The Kelly File" host Megyn Kelly that Trump made the appointment about a week ago. The public announcement comes as Trump was mocked online after saying on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Wednesday that his foreign policy adviser was himself.

"I'm speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I have said a lot of things," Trump told "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski.

Miller said Trump was simply saying that he is the person who will be guiding foreign policy.

Even though he does not have a military or political background, Trump "somehow as a businessman … managed to see what the people in Washington couldn't see," Miller said, including the threat of Osama bin Laden and the mistake of the Iraq War.

"That's a very big distinction between him and, say, Sen. [Ted] Cruz, who is reflexively interventionist," Miller said.

Kelly pressed Miller for other members of the committee, but Miller said he had no further news to make on that front now.

"Shouldn't there be some military folk in there?" Kelly asked.

Miller noted that Sessions has been on the Senate Armed Services Committee for 20 years and has the needed knowledge.

"Who is Ted Cruz's guy? Who's John Kasich's guy?" Miller asked. "I can tell you that Donald Trump has chosen Jeff Sessions, and he's been putting together a team of foreign policy advisers, intelligence experts."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Interesting ... so Sessions endorsement apparently seems to have come about because he was promised a position.  Which leads me to wonder about Palin and Christie. I wonder what they were promised.  When Christie was on stage with Trump during one of his speeches, it almost seemed to me he was hopefully waiting around for Trump to say something about him.  Secondly, does anyone else think it is very presumptuous on Trump's part to be already putting together his cabinet?
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sinkspur

Sessions has had a jones for Trump for ten years:

http://yellowhammernews.com/politics-2/when-jeff-sessions-met-donald-trump/

The fascinating untold story of Jeff Sessions’ first experience with Donald Trump

WRITTEN BY JORDAN LAPORTA ON MARCH 2, 2016 AT 3:39 PM CDT

Last Sunday, U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions raised eyebrows when he came out and endorsed Donald Trump for President of the United States.

“This isn’t a campaign, this is a movement,” Sessions said to a roaring crowd in north Alabama. “Look at what’s happened. The American people are not happy with their government… There is an opportunity Tuesday — it may be the last opportunity we have — for the people’s voice to be heard… Politicians have promised for 30 years to fix illegal immigration… Donald Trump will do it.”

Before the official endorsement, Sessions had been hinting at his support for months. Appearing on Fox Business Network’s “Mornings with Maria” last week, Sessions said Trump is well positioned to win the General Election because he is garnering support from “working Americans,” including some Democrats.

But the relationship between the two populist icons goes back much farther than this election cycle.

The first time the two met face to face was at a Senate Subcommittee hearing back in 2005. Renovations to the United Nations building in New York City were being plagued by cost overruns, missed deadlines and incompetence, and Trump had decided to come to the United States Senate to offer his services free of charge to help get the project back on track.

The U.N. wanted to renovate its headquarters in New York City and estimated the cost at $1.5 billion. Trump estimated that the cost of fixing the U.N. building would be “$700 million, tops.”

“Anyone who says renovation is more expensive than building a new one doesn’t know the business,” said the New York Real Estate developer. “It only costs a fool more.”

Sessions, who sat smiling throughout Trump’s testimony, called him a “breath of fresh air.”

During an interview on Yellowhammer Radio Wednesday, Sessions recalled the story, calling Trump’s remarks “the most impressive Congressional testimony I’ve ever heard.”

The entire interview with Senator Sessions from Yellowhammer Radio can be heard in the video below. Search “Yellowhammer Radio” on iTunes to listen on podcast.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Sessions is not noted for his foreign policy expertise.  But, he supports Trump, who has a "good brain," and that's all that matters.

Offline musiclady

AH................. now this explains the bizarre endorsement....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Bill Cipher

Let's see; Carson admitted to being bought off.  Sessions admits to being bought off. Considering what a puppy dog he is, I'm sure Christie was a bargain basement deal.  In other words, Trump cannot get support for his ideas unless he buys it.  Very reassuring (not).

Offline Frank Cannon

Just window dressing. Trump stated yesterday that he was the only advisor he consulted because his brain is so strong.

Offline sinkspur

"Who is Ted Cruz's guy? Who's John Kasich's guy?" Miller asked. "I can tell you that Donald Trump has chosen Jeff Sessions, and he's been putting together a team of foreign policy advisers, intelligence experts."

Hey, Stevie. Here's Cruz's TEAM, just announced today:

This time around it's a little different. As Cruz makes the case that he is the last, best chance to prevent Trump from winning his party's nomination, his foreign-policy advisers include not only  Frank Gaffney, but also three others who work for Gaffney's think tank: former CIA officers Fred Fleitz and Clare Lopez and former Army Special Forces Master Sergeant Jim Hanson. Also on the list is Andrew McCarthy, a former assistant U.S. attorney who prosecuted the first World Trade Center bombing. McCarthy has been outspoken in his view that adherents at least to political Islam are seeking to impose Sharia law in the U.S.

At the same time, Cruz's team includes former officials who reject Gaffney's broad view that any Muslim who believes in Sharia law by definition believes in a totalitarian and violent ideology at war with America.

"We're at war with a coalition of radical Islamists and radical secularists. It's not all one thing, nor is Islam all one thing," Michael Ledeen, a former Reagan administration official and a Cruz campaign adviser, told me.

Jim Talent, a former Missouri Republican senator who was a key adviser to Romney in 2008 and 2012, is signed up for the Cruz team. So is Mary Habeck, a former staffer on George W. Bush's national security council, who is an expert on jihadi organizations and has warned against demonizing the entire religion of Islam.

Another Cruz adviser, Elliott Abrams, helped craft Bush's policy to empower moderate Muslims in the Middle East against radicals. He told me he feels much the same way as Habeck. "It's now 15 years since 9/11, and I think it's obvious that Muslim citizens in the U.S. and Muslim leaders abroad have an absolutely critical role to play in fighting jihadis and other Muslim extremists," Abrams said. "This is partly a battle within Islam that they are going to have fight and win. Alienating these potential allies is the kind of foolish policy that the Obama administration has engaged in when it comes to Arab states that are our allies."

Victoria Coates, who has been Cruz's main adviser on national security since he came to the Senate, told me this tension on the policy team "is by design and not an accident." She added: "Both Frank and Elliott are people I went out of my way to set up meetings with the Senator. He has met with both of them individually for years."

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2016-03-17/cruz-assembles-an-unlikely-team-of-foreign-policy-rivals?platform=hootsuite

Offline Carling

Apparently if Trump doesn't have advisers he's an egomaniac, but if he does have them they are corrupted and bought off.

Do you people realize how silly you look when you step back and look in from outside your TDS bubble?

The same things can be said about any politician.

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Frank Cannon

Apparently if Trump doesn't have advisers he's an egomaniac, but if he does have them they are corrupted and bought off.

Nice straw dog argument. Trump is the one who said he will surround himself with the smartest people ever created and then said he was all the adviser he needed because he has a "good brain".

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Nice straw dog argument. Trump is the one who said he will surround himself with the smartest people ever created and then said he was all the adviser he needed because he has a "good brain".

Careful Frank, you're starting to make Trump look like a buffoon!     :silly:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Carling

That's not exactly what he said if you read the entire quote but the truth left this board months ago, so carry on with your incessant Trump bashing.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

Do you people realize how silly you look when you step back and look in from outside your TDS bubble?

It is something else to watch with these Trump is evil people. :king: