Author Topic: Franklin Graham: 'Zero hope in Republican Party'  (Read 1152 times)

HAPPY2BME

Franklin Graham: 'Zero hope in Republican Party'
« on: March 17, 2016, 02:02:52 pm »
16 March, 2016

DENVER – Franklin Graham, the CEO of Samaritan’s Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, on Tuesday told a crowd estimated at more than 4,200 in an icy wind on the west steps of the Colorado Capitol that they as Christians need to pray for their nation, then vote, seek office, win and start running governments from Washington to the school board based on biblical principles.

“I have zero hope in the Democratic Party,” he said. “Wait a second, before the Republicans start high-fiving each other, I have zero hope in the Republican Party. The only hope is in God. God!”

VIDEO

"I'd like us right now, if you'd just join hands with the person next to you, maybe a complete stranger, person of another race. I want you to hold that person's hand. I want to take the next few minutes, and I want you to pray out loud, and let's confess the sins of our nation to Almighty God."

He said the crowd assembled because "we're fed up and mad with the direction this country is going."

"What can we do? Vote – for those we believe stand and live for biblical principles. I'm often asked what my father would do. He has said, 'It's the duty of every individual Christian at election time to study the issues and the candidates, go to the polls and vote.' He would explain to people where each candidate stood morally and politically. We will fail as a nation unless we participate in electing those who we believe will honor God and fear him."

Franklin Graham said the threat to America in the 1950s, communism, now has been replaced by secularism, "which is the same thing."

"It's Godless. It permeates Washington, our states, and our local communities. We have taken God out of our society. There are no Ten Commandments on the school room wall, no teachers leading students in the Lord's Prayer."

He said the solution is for Christians to vote and "run for office."

"We need men and women of integrity … to offer themselves to public service," he said.

The nation is in a bad state, in part, because sometimes only "the bad ones" are candidates.

"The choice isn't always clear. You may have to hold your nose when you go to the polls, but vote," he said. "Be an advocate for God's truth and righteousness. I want us to be 'One nation under God' again. Let's take our nation back, community by community by community. It begins with you. To God be the glory!"

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/03/franklin-graham-zero-hope-in-republican-party/#7Rypr4dyCJARApp5.99

Offline musiclady

Re: Franklin Graham: 'Zero hope in Republican Party'
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 02:05:35 pm »
"We need men and women of integrity … to offer themselves to public service," he said.

And the Republican "front runner" is a man completely devoid of integrity.

Franklin Graham knows this.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 02:06:26 pm »
And the Republican "front runner" is a man completely devoid of integrity.

Franklin Graham knows this.

Yes, but as he said, sometimes you have to hold your nose. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 02:07:21 pm »
Yes, but as he said, sometimes you have to hold your nose.

Some of us are still not sure we can do that when the odor is so foul and permeating that it might destroy us.............
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 02:07:37 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 02:12:51 pm »
Some of us are still not sure we can do that when the odor is so foul and permeating that it might destroy us.............

=============================

Phar·i·see

: a member of an ancient Jewish sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have pretensions to superior sanctity

: a self-righteous person; a hypocrite

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 02:23:30 pm »

Phar·i·see

: a member of an ancient Jewish sect, distinguished by strict observance of the traditional and written law, and commonly held to have pretensions to superior sanctity

I see that you still use (meaningless) name-calling rather than logic or truth to defeat your enemies.

How very Trump-like of you.....

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 02:26:44 pm »
I see that you still use (meaningless) name-calling rather than logic or truth to defeat your enemies.

How very Trump-like of you.....

=================================

Jesus Christ and his disciples journeyed to Jerusalem to celebrate the feast of Passover. They found the sacred city of God overflowing with thousands of pilgrims from all parts of the world.

Entering the Temple, Jesus saw the money changers, along with merchants who were selling animals for sacrifice. Pilgrims carried coins from their home towns, most bearing the images of Roman emperors or Greek gods, which Temple authorities considered idolatrous.

The high priest ordered that only Tyrian shekels would be accepted for the annual half-shekel Temple tax because they contained a higher percentage of silver, so the money changers exchanged unacceptable coins for these shekels. Of course, they extracted a profit, sometimes much more than the law allowed.

Jesus was so filled with anger at the desecration of the holy place that he took some cords and wove them into a small whip. He ran about, knocking over the tables of the money changers, spilling coins on the ground. He drove the exchangers out of the area, along with the men selling pigeons and cattle. He also prevented people from using the court as a shortcut.

As he cleansed the Temple of greed and profit, Jesus quoted from Isaiah 56:7: "My house shall be called a house of prayer, but you make it a den of robbers." (Matthew 21:13, ESV)

The disciples and others present were in awe of Jesus' authority in God's sacred place. His followers remembered a passage from Psalm 69:9: "Zeal for your house will consume me." (John 2:17, ESV)

The common people were impressed by Jesus' teaching, but the chief priests and scribes feared him because of his popularity. They began to plot a way to destroy Jesus.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 02:29:01 pm »
btw, there is no relationship between the millions of us who are troubled by Donald Trump's amorality, deceitfulness and lack of integrity to the Pharisees, who followed rules blindly and condemned everyone who violated their man-made rules even slightly.

What those of us who oppose Trump on moral grounds are using, are not man-made at all, but Biblical principles.  They are not ours, and we do not take credit for them, nor do we follow them completely, because we understand we are all sinners.

Donald Trump claims he isn't a sinner.  If there is a Pharisee among us, it is he.

But Happy is calling me a Pharisee and using it as a put down because he cannot defend his affection for the amoral Donald Trump.

It is no more than hopeless, futile name-calling to avoid an argument that deep down, he knows he will lose.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 02:29:08 pm »
Your attempt to use the term "Pharisee" to  insult anyone is completely misplaced, Happy. Are you now equating Trump and Jesus Christ?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 02:30:23 pm »
You are comparing Donald Trump to JESUS????

Yikes.

Frightening........

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 04:03:21 pm »
I wonder if Machiavelli has seen our very own Trump lover's comparison of Trump to Jesus (in letters writ large).

He could add it to his TOS list with an asterisk explaining that it happened right here......          **nononono*

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 04:20:16 pm »
Mr. M and I are looking foward to attending Franklin Graham's meeting in our state capital in May.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 04:44:24 pm »
Mr. M and I are looking foward to attending Franklin Graham's meeting in our state capital in May.

He is doing amazing things for the Kingdom.  God bless him!

Bill Cipher

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 05:00:27 pm »

Phar·i·see

Self-righteous hypocrite fits Trump to a 'T'.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 05:11:37 pm »
Self-righteous hypocrite fits Trump to a 'T'.
And perhaps some of his most enthusiastic supporters?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 05:41:25 pm »
And perhaps some of his most enthusiastic supporters?

Indeed.....

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2016, 05:49:34 pm »
Self righteous hypocrites, huh? Don't fall off your high horse while your tossing the first stone.

Trump supporters want (and this is a partial list):
1) Trade that brings revenue in and keeps American jobs in place
2) A border that is secure and has a wall to ensure its security.
3) A strengthened military that is used judiciously, not thrown into feckless long term commitments
4) To take care of our vets.
5) Lower taxes for the middle class.
6) Lower corporate taxes to keep money and jobs in this country for those who are deserving.
7) A candidate who is not bought and paid for by lobbyists, unions, or large corporations.
8) A candidate who is NOT politically correct, and who stands up the grotesque bullying of the Left
9) Returning most illegal immigrants to the nations of origin...than offering a LEGAL path to come to this country.
10) Elimination of "free speech zones and safe spaces on campus", elimination of "sanctuary cities", and protection of our gun rights....in other words, we want the Bill of Rights upheld and enforced.

I dare you to find anything on that list that a Ronald Reagan would oppose.

Nothing on that list is either extreme, hypocritical nor even controversial to anyone with Conservative or Libertarian values/beliefs. Trump is often egotistical, hyperbolic, and sometimes demonstrates a shallow understanding of complex foreign policy issues...so none of us Trump supporters are blind to his weaknesses. We, I think collectively, understand that his strengths...willingness to stand up to the bullies of the Left, his candor and extemporaneous nature, his independence from lobbyist and insider money, his street level common sense, and his contempt for political correctness...heavily outweigh his shortcomings.

No candidate is perfect, and fortunately we face a Dem in Hillary who is heinously corrupt (email server), disgustingly dishonest (for gosh sakes, she lied in the face of the mothers of Benghazi victims), a grotesque panderer to extremists and big money insiders (Cozies up to Black Lives Matter and other extremists), and an all around politically correct sycophant and just plain boring communicator. Against that, Trump comes across as Ghandi...and yes, that hyperbole.

So feel free to disagree with Trump and his supporters, but you expose your Hillary leanings when you start throwing around words like hypocrite and bigot.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:51:03 pm by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2016, 06:17:50 pm »
Ummmmm.......... Mesaclone........  it was a TRUMP guy who accused ME of being a Pharisee and a Hypocrite, not the other way around.

Your post should be directed at your own, not those of us who were the target of the (stupid) insult he leveled.

Then, of course, he compared Trump to Jesus, which really helped his cause as a rational human being........   **nononono*

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2016, 06:22:26 pm »
Well, I've been on this board for three days and seen countless attacks aimed AT Trump supporters...including a bunch in this thread. If ONE pro-Trump supporter went too far and unfairly insulted you, I am sorry for that...but you MUST see that the vast weight of insults here is coming AT Trump supporters, rather than from them.

Also, we are all intelligent people here...I think we know nobody is ACTUALLY saying Donald Trump is comparable to Jesus. People are being silly if they believe that is what was being said.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 06:27:02 pm by Mesaclone »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2016, 06:28:01 pm »
Well, I've been on this board for three days and seen countless attacks aimed AT Trump supporters...including a bunch in this thread. If ONE pro-Trump supporter went too far and unfairly insulted you, I am sorry for that...but you MUST see that the vast weight of insults here is coming AT Trump supporters, rather than from them.

Not really.  If you love Trump too, then your emotions are on the side of the guys insulting the non-Trump people (like Happy did shamelessly here, but not really out of character).

It's not just "ONE" Trump person.  It's a LOT of Trump people.

Trying to make this insult fest one sided is futile.  The problem goes both ways, and if you can try to be even slightly objective, you'll see it.

(You obviously weren't bothered that Happy called me a Pharisee with NO cause, so it seems you support gratuitous, stupid insults one way and not the other).

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2016, 08:42:41 pm »
First of all, I don't "love" Trump. I voted for him, knowing that like all candidates he comes with flaws. He is better on the issues, for me, than the others running on the GOP side...so in that sense I'm a supporter. Your phrasing seems to imply that Trump voters are ill-informed, uneducated dupes who have been dazzled and bamboozled by Trumps charisma and coarseness. That's a jaded perception, IMHO, unworthy of a fellow Republican...why can't we just disagree and discuss the issues without the rancor? I'm not saying the Trump supporters here are saints, but there IS a much harsher, more condescending tone flowing from the anti-Trump crowd....again...IMHO.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2016, 08:53:01 pm »
First of all, I don't "love" Trump. I voted for him, knowing that like all candidates he comes with flaws. He is better on the issues, for me, than the others running on the GOP side...so in that sense I'm a supporter. Your phrasing seems to imply that Trump voters are ill-informed, uneducated dupes who have been dazzled and bamboozled by Trumps charisma and coarseness. That's a jaded perception, IMHO, unworthy of a fellow Republican...why can't we just disagree and discuss the issues without the rancor? I'm not saying the Trump supporters here are saints, but there IS a much harsher, more condescending tone flowing from the anti-Trump crowd....again...IMHO.

To start with, because there is no discussion of issues.  There is no discussing Trump's qualifications with the Trumpettes and any attempt to discuss his proposals is met with derision.  For example, if you think his wall proposal is unworkable you are immediately accused, and dismissed, as an open borders/amnesty GOPe. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2016, 09:13:05 pm »

You infer much from words and "phrasing" which bear no resemblance to what you are inferring.

The fault is in both camps, and if you choose to you see your side as being victimized after 3 short days, then further explanation will be fruitless.

But please bear in mind that the insult you found so heinous here came from one of your fellow Trump supporters.

Carry on...........

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2016, 11:01:55 pm »
You infer much from words and "phrasing" which bear no resemblance to what you are inferring.

The fault is in both camps, and if you choose to you see your side as being victimized after 3 short days, then further explanation will be fruitless.

But please bear in mind that the insult you found so heinous here came from one of your fellow Trump supporters.

Carry on...........

Well, that's the point. I don't really have a side. I want the GOP nominee to beat Hillary Clinton, be it Trump, Kasich or Cruz...my vote for Trump does not mean I dislike these other gentleman or think they could not be a good president. So the "side" I am on is the GOP side, and within that context I want to see a fair nomination process that selects as its nominee the candidate who earns the most delegates in the primaries.

Glad to acknowledge that one insult came from one Trump supporter. I've seen far more going the other direction. I wish all of them would cease and simply focus on the issues of disagreement without rancor...and acknowledging that ALL of us should support the eventual nominee whoever that may be.