Author Topic: Trump: I consult myself on foreign policy  (Read 2199 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump: I consult myself on foreign policy
« on: March 16, 2016, 01:03:41 pm »

By ELIZA COLLINS 03/16/16 08:24 AM EDT

Donald Trump finally shared the name of someone he consults on foreign policy: himself.

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with consistently about foreign policy, Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

"I know what I’m doing and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are," Trump said. “But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff."

The New York real estate mogul has kept mum on his foreign policy team, despite promising in early February to release a list of his advisers in “about two weeks."

Trump was also asked on Wednesday morning if his foreign policy was “neoisolationist,” to which he responded “I wouldn’t say that at all.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-foreign-policy-adviser-220853#ixzz434RHsPud
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 01:04:32 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump: I consult myself on foreign policy
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 01:05:04 pm »
“I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

In any other context, a person blathering like this would be committed.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 01:19:19 pm »
I guess now that he thinks he has it locked up, or close to it, if he really wanted the nomination or if he starts to sandbag or move left?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 01:29:55 pm »
Trump is an idiot, start to finish.  And a bully.

That's really very nasty. Very, very nasty. I never thought of you as a nasty person, by the way. But that was very, very nasty.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 01:35:04 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 01:30:20 pm »

Rest of the World: It shows.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

A-Lert

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 12:19:35 am »
That's really very nasty. Very, very nasty. I never thought of you as a nasty person, by the way. But that was very, very nasty.

The anti-Trumps seem to offer little else.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 12:21:49 am »
I have a nurse for him too.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

A-Lert

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 12:28:08 am »
I have a nurse for him too.

I'm quite certain he can find and pay for the best. He doesn't need to depend on Obama or you.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 12:51:48 am »
 :amen:  I hope he gets one soon!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Carling

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2016, 01:03:06 am »
At this point I view sinkspur as a performance artist.

The kind of performance artist standing on the street corner shaking his fist at clouds and warning of the Doomacoplyse.

It's very entertaining.  Are we sure Myst and Repub4 aren't making money off of the crazy pants act? 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2016, 01:07:31 am »
Seems to me like Trump says he listens to a lot of people, takes in information, and then makes his own decision he chooses based on the information he gathers.

What a stupid thread.  Is sinkspur saying he'd prefer a candidate who doesn't make his own final decision? 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:08:58 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2016, 01:28:30 am »

By ELIZA COLLINS 03/16/16 08:24 AM EDT

Donald Trump finally shared the name of someone he consults on foreign policy: himself.

Asked on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” who he talks with consistently about foreign policy, Trump responded, “I’m speaking with myself, number one, because I have a very good brain and I’ve said a lot of things."

"I know what I’m doing and I listen to a lot of people, I talk to a lot of people and at the appropriate time I’ll tell you who the people are," Trump said. “But my primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff."

The New York real estate mogul has kept mum on his foreign policy team, despite promising in early February to release a list of his advisers in “about two weeks."

Trump was also asked on Wednesday morning if his foreign policy was “neoisolationist,” to which he responded “I wouldn’t say that at all.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-foreign-policy-adviser-220853#ixzz434RHsPud
If anyone else had made these exact comments, Trump would be mocking them mercilessly. But no one else in politics, of either party speaks this way, for which I imagine we ought to be grateful.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2016, 01:31:00 am »
I consulted with myself on neurosurgery. Who volunteers to be my first patient?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2016, 01:36:55 am »
Well, considering the results that some of the high officials occupying foreign policy positions have achieved for us over the last fifty or sixty years, maybe Trump "consulting himself" is better off.

Then again, he could always rely on the advice of:
- Robert McNamara
- Henry Kissinger
- Madeline Albright
- Hillary Clinton
- John Kerry

After all, one doesn't get to the lofty positions they occupied without bein' an expert.
Right.....?

;)

A-Lert

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 01:46:14 am »
 :silly:
Well, considering the results that some of the high officials occupying foreign policy positions have achieved for us over the last fifty or sixty years, maybe Trump "consulting himself" is better off.

Then again, he could always rely on the advice of:
- Robert McNamara
- Henry Kissinger
- Madeline Albright
- Hillary Clinton
- John Kerry

After all, one doesn't get to the lofty positions they occupied without bein' an expert.
Right.....?

;)

:thumbsup: