Author Topic: Anti-Trump Groups Threaten ‘Largest Civil Disobedience Action of the Century’  (Read 1126 times)

HonestJohn

What womb does a corporation come out of? Can it buy alcohol before it's been incorporated 21 years?

A corporation is not a person; it is a fictional legal construct designed to prevent lenders from getting money back from their borrowers.

Not to mention that, if a corporation is a person, why isn't it paying the unmarried individual tax rate?  (or vice versa?)

:tongue2:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
That doesn't only apply to Trump supporters.  Those protestors had just as much a right to assemble and speak their minds.

The situation was peaceful until the Trump supporters arrived.

And now Trump says his supporters will riot if he doesn't get the nomination.  This looks like confirmation of the violent nature of Trump supporters.

:smokin:

---

(Just channeling the propaganda found at Breitbart, only with a target reversal.)

You're looking for a reaction with that post.  Nothing less.   

Stop being a jerk!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

It's going to be a long hot summer.  Even though I am not particularly fond of Trump -- the anti-Trump movement is wrong and it represents most of what I am against.  I will defend what I believe in.    :patriot:  :patriot:

Just heard on Hannity that Trump and Cruz have stated that they will join forces if need be to stop this from going to convention.

Hadn't heard that. Good on them. The country doesn't belong to party bosses, it belongs to the people.

And good on you for standing with unfettered political speech and against the intimidation that seeks to shut it down.

Bill Cipher

What womb does a corporation come out of? Can it buy alcohol before it's been incorporated 21 years?

A corporation is not a person; it is a fictional legal construct designed to prevent lenders from getting money back from their borrowers.

Absolutely not.  You understand neither the concept of "person" nor the concept of a corporation as those terms have legal meaning.  A "person" is, generally, any individual or organization that has certain legally recognized attributes and properties.  "Corporation" derives from the old body corporate which signifies an organization or collection of individuals that has been given separate legal existence and accorded attributed associated with personality including the power to own property to make contracts and to sue in its own name.  Corporations have been recognized as legal persons for centuries.  The Supreme Court merely decided that given the legal status of corporations, their use as a means of organizing the collection action of individuals, and the policies underlying the Constitution that they are also "persons" to whom certain constitutional rights attach. 

A corporation is not simply some convenient way to dodge creditors.  It is a way to protect the individuals who constitute the organization from unlimited liability for the debts of the organization, but it is a foolish lender that does not take that into account.  In fact if all you want to do is dodge creditors, the bankruptcy laws are much more useful for individuals.  As to lenders, for most corporations the limited liability is really only effective against liability for torts, for being sued; unless a corporation has deep pockets or tremendous credit on its own lenders will almost always require the shareholders to personally guarantee the corporations debts, which makes the limited liability pointless when it comes to debts. 

Bill Cipher

This is going to be one hell of an ugly summer.  I wonder if we'll have 60s style riots again?  What neighborhoods will get burned down this time around?

A-Lert

That doesn't only apply to Trump supporters.  Those protestors had just as much a right to assemble and speak their minds.

The situation was peaceful until the Trump supporters arrived.

And now Trump says his supporters will riot if he doesn't get the nomination.  This looks like confirmation of the violent nature of Trump supporters.

:smokin:

:wtf!:

---

Offline MACVSOG68

Not to nitpick, but yes there were riots over the Stamp Act.

Not sure what you mean by "it wasn't the Stamp Act". I wasn't connecting it to the Tea Party, if that's what you were thinking.

I will agree that Donald should be more careful with his language BUT it is his very same penchant for frank language that drives much of his appeal...simply saying "in the old days I'd punch that guy in the face" is far more just a colloquialism than some sort of call to violence. If an idiot takes it as a call to violence, well thats on the idiot not Trump. We need to hold people responsible for what they do, not blame others because a fool decided to use common words it to justify actual violence.

Yes, it appeared you had linked them.  Thanks for clarifying.

And yes, I do understand that's much of what drives his appeal.  But as King Henry II found out, words do have meanings and can lead to actions not intended.  Perhaps Trump can start by withdrawing his offers of helping with the legal fees.  And given his interview on ABC, I would guess he will think more about his words in the future. 
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
What's needed is some kind of "Patriot Guard" group to show up and defend the Trump rallies the same way that they protect families of fallen service members from the Westboro church bunch.

This isn't going to work for the left.
Indeed, it's going to backfire on them.

If necessary, hold the rallies away from city centers and away from public transportation lines. With the 'net and live streaming communications today, no need to be anywhere near those places.

Offline Mesaclone

Yes, it appeared you had linked them.  Thanks for clarifying.

And yes, I do understand that's much of what drives his appeal.  But as King Henry II found out, words do have meanings and can lead to actions not intended.  Perhaps Trump can start by withdrawing his offers of helping with the legal fees.  And given his interview on ABC, I would guess he will think more about his words in the future.

Yes, I fear the day may come when King Romney tells his vassal Reince Preibus to "rid me of that meddlesome priest"....via convention maneuvers rather than the sword of course. When/If that happens, a similar ensuing scenario is likely to evolve.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain