Author Topic: Missouri recount likely  (Read 745 times)

HAPPY2BME

Missouri recount likely
« on: March 16, 2016, 04:39:25 pm »
What's going on in Missouri?

By Jennifer Agiesta, CNN Polling Director
Updated 11:59 AM ET, Wed March 16, 2016 | Video Source: CNN

Washington (CNN)With vote counting in Missouri completed for Tuesday night, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump lead their respective party primaries there by less than half a percentage point. Since the margin of victory in each case is less than 1 percentage point, CNN will not project a winner in either contest.

Stephanie Fleming, a spokeswoman for the Missouri secretary of state's office, told CNN that 100% of precincts have reported, but some absentee and provisional ballots remain uncounted. These ballots will be counted in the coming days. Overseas absentee ballots will be accepted until Friday at noon. The secretary of state's office could not say how many uncounted ballots remain.

The recount law in Missouri allows a second-place finisher to request a recount if the margin of victory is less than half a percentage point. As the count stands now, both margins of victory are small enough that Bernie Sanders or Ted Cruz would be able to request a recount to verify the findings, if they choose to do so.

Early Wednesday morning, Cruz's campaign manager told CNN's Sunlen Serfaty that at this time the Cruz campaign has "no plans" to request a recount.

As of 2 a.m., the vote count in the Democratic race is:
Clinton: 310,602 votes, 49.6%
Sanders: 309,071 votes, 49.4%

The vote count in the Republican race at this time is:
Trump: 382,093 votes, 40.8%
Cruz: 380,367 votes, 40.6%
John Kasich: 94,533 votes, 10.1%
Marco Rubio: 57,006 votes, 6.1%

As of now, CNN has allocated the following delegates in Missouri:
Democrats:
Clinton: 34
Sanders: 34

Unallocated pending further results: 3
Republicans:
Trump: 20
Cruz: 5

Unallocated pending further results: 27
Kasich and Rubio are not expected to win any delegates in Missouri.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/16/politics/super-tuesday-missouri-delegates/index.html

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Missouri recount likely
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 04:45:38 pm »
Not quite understanding the headline as Cruz campaign stated that they would unlikely contest the count.  Doesn't look like Bernie is either??
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.