Author Topic: Trump to skip last GOP debate  (Read 2860 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump to skip last GOP debate
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2016, 02:18:09 am »
Eric Owens ‏@ericowensdc  5h5 hours ago

Trump Calls Hillary 'An Embarrassment To Our Country’ after donating to her, attending Chelsea wedding http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/16/trump-blasts-hillary-shes-an-embarrassment-to-our-country-video/ … @dailycaller
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2016, 02:22:39 am »
Eric Owens ‏@ericowensdc  5h5 hours ago

Trump Calls Hillary 'An Embarrassment To Our Country’ after donating to her, attending Chelsea wedding http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/16/trump-blasts-hillary-shes-an-embarrassment-to-our-country-video/ … @dailycaller

He saw the light, unlike you.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2016, 02:34:03 am »

He saw the light, unlike you.

Don't you know? We are only the sum total of our mistakes, never our achievements.

A-Lert

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2016, 02:45:31 am »
Don't you know? We are only the sum total of our mistakes, never our achievements.

Have any of the whining anti-Trumps posted anything positive about who they support or are the too embarrassed to show their support for Hillary her :silly:e?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2016, 02:53:56 am »
...whining anti-Trumps...

Used a lot. And that is different from similar comments from the other guys how?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

A-Lert

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2016, 03:02:26 am »
Used a lot. And that is different from similar comments from the other guys how?

If you haven't seen it, I'm not wasting my time finding Trumpsters, shills, sheep, dupes, fools, idiots, suckers, etc., etc., etc.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2016, 03:23:35 am »
If you haven't seen it, I'm not wasting my time finding Trumpsters, shills, sheep, dupes, fools, idiots, suckers, etc., etc., etc.

I've seen it. Carry on. And so it goes...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 03:25:03 am by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

A-Lert

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2016, 03:31:34 am »
I've seen it. Carry on. And so it goes...

it didn't have to be that way, but the anti-Trumps couldn't control their vitriol for Trump or his supporters. I've witnessed very little denigration of other GOP candidates here. In fact there has been little support for other candidates expressed here that I've witnessed. . Just a barrage of anti-Trump propaganda, denigration and criticism.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2016, 04:27:34 am »
Fox has cancelled the debate.  The other said they weren't go to go either. 

GO TRUMP!   :laugh:

Awesome. If people don't have enough info to decide by now, for the love of peas and petunias don't vote.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2016, 04:41:01 am »
Didn't have to be that way??  :silly: Complaining about a barrage of anti-Trump propaganda? A-Lert, registered member for 13 days with 850+ posts, 65 posts a day average (exclusively anti any poster against Trump with many being denigration of the poster, making a list of anti-Trump postings :shrug:) that will come out to 23,700 posts in the first year which would be more than all but a handful of posters who have been here years. Even our retired political junkies don't post that often.  :pondering: :pondering:

Post all you want. That's what great about this forum but to whine about the anti-Trump posts and the nomination is not over yet and Trump is yet to be coronated??
And I guess you missed all the HAPPY2BE?? trash threads on Rubio, being gay, having foam parties, having affairs, and now of course on Cruz and Kasich.  Finally your attacks on Sink are legend.

Sorry if facts offend you. Only whining is from the anti-Trumps. I'd love to go toe to toe, but I've been quite restrained. Are you denying the vitriol and insults posted to Trump supporters?

It's rather strange to figure out how many posts someone could possibly make in a year.

Attacks on Sinkspur? That is hilarious. I don't suppose you'd be kind enough to list a dozen or so?

As far as trash threads on other candidates, did you see me posting on them? What exactly was the ratio of anti-Trump threads to the anti-Kasich, Cruz, Rubio threads. You're good at that math stuff.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2016, 10:39:52 am »
Awesome. If people don't have enough info to decide by now, for the love of peas and petunias don't vote.

For the love of peas and petunias!!!

Why... I'd do damn near anything!!!

(That's going into my lexicon of expressions.)
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 10:54:10 am »
Sorry if facts offend you. Only whining is from the anti-Trumps. I'd love to go toe to toe, but I've been quite restrained. Are you denying the vitriol and insults posted to Trump supporters?

It's rather strange to figure out how many posts someone could possibly make in a year.

Attacks on Sinkspur? That is hilarious. I don't suppose you'd be kind enough to list a dozen or so?

As far as trash threads on other candidates, did you see me posting on them? What exactly was the ratio of anti-Trump threads to the anti-Kasich, Cruz, Rubio threads. You're good at that math stuff.

A-L --- please try to be more introspective.  Examine yourself and how you might or might not be contributing to this place. Many of us have known one another for close to two decades. We've agreed. We've disagreed. We care. We've prayed for one another during those times that inevitably arise in life.

To be so strident in the "he did it first, or more, or worse" after 60 days?  Really?

I don't have any confidence in Donald Trump. I hope those fears are unfounded. Time and time only will bear that out. I certainly hope we don't rue the day he took the oath of office.

You support Donald Trump. Fine, I can live with that. Adequate numbers of you may give him the nomination.

But, I won't disparage you with playground epithets - even if I receive them.

It must end - one person at a time.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 11:07:25 am by Lando Lincoln »
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 11:56:51 am »

it didn't have to be that way, but the anti-Trumps couldn't control their vitriol for Trump or his supporters. I've witnessed very little denigration of other GOP candidates here. In fact there has been little support for other candidates expressed here that I've witnessed. . Just a barrage of anti-Trump propaganda, denigration and criticism.

And that's the truth, says Edith Ann.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2016, 12:30:42 pm »

I agree.  There has been more than enough debates to see who the candidates are, their policy positions and how they think on their feet.  More often than not, the debates are nothing more than an excuse for the Moderators to take control and dictate to the voters what is relevant.  I am so sick of moderators injecting themselves in the debate in an attempt to publicize themselves and secure job advancement.     
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:31:45 pm by MBB1984 »

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2016, 12:51:18 pm »
A-L --- please try to be more introspective.  Examine yourself and how you might or might not be contributing to this place. Many of us have known one another for close to two decades. We've agreed. We've disagreed. We care. We've prayed for one another during those times that inevitably arise in life.

To be so strident in the "he did it first, or more, or worse" after 60 days?  Really?

I don't have any confidence in Donald Trump. I hope those fears are unfounded. Time and time only will bear that out. I certainly hope we don't rue the day he took the oath of office.

You support Donald Trump. Fine, I can live with that. Adequate numbers of you may give him the nomination.

:amen: :patriot:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2016, 12:52:37 pm »

First of all, I am relatively new to this forum in comparison to most of the members. Stepping on each others toes and insults are not readily or warmly accepted. We disagree on issues but we generally agree to disagree.  Those that post here frequently are very warm and intelligent people; each with their own unique writing style. In visiting other sites, the caliber and character of people in here are for the most part definitely a notch above the rest. You want to see whining...try visiting some of the other conservative (?) sites. One word of caution; you start trying to 'pinpoint' or attack another poster in here, you just may find some of the 'Indians' circling your wagon!  :whistle:  Peace.

Facts.   ...hmm...  ok.  As a matter of 'fact' please give me one (just one) example of what Trump has done that would indicate that he would do as he says on any important issue; illegal immigration, Obamacare, economy, ISIS, 2nd amendment, etc.

I am anti-Trump supporter for various reasons and have made no secret of it.  However, when Trump is right he's right and I'll admit it and give him credit.  I gave him a huge benefit of the doubt in the beginning of his campaign and for the longest time I would have voted for him. My opinion of Trump has changed, not because of anything anyone said in here, but because I sat, listened and watched him.  When he can contain his 'greatness'  :silly: and quit acting like a 5th grade bully on the playground and conduct himself in a presidential manner I might reconsider voting from him.  When he can actually state what his plan is on any given issue rather than just repeat the same lines of his 'greatness' I just may consider voting for him.  When he actually comes across that he even remotely knows anything about the Constitution and the functioning of our three branches of government, I just may reconsider voting for him.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:02:22 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

A-Lert

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2016, 05:22:23 pm »

The GOP has betrayed us. They have deceived, broken promises, been ineffective and lied to us. Trump isn't a golden tongued politician. He actually employs thousands of people and has accomplished  much in the real world. Trump may be crude, boisterous and rough around the edges. There have been politicians like that previously who have governed successfully. He's energetic and driven. If elected, I'm confident that in his desire and drive to be successful he will surround himself with the best, most competent advisors and department heads.

I'm also confident that Trump will present a comprehensive plan to make America great again in due time. I hope the other candidates do likewise.

This should be a lesson for the GOP. Whether they will learn from it, I have my doubts.

A-Lert

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2016, 05:43:18 pm »
Stepping on each others toes and insults are not readily or warmly accepted.

There are a few posters here that don't seem too concerned about insulting other posters.

You want to see whining...try visiting some of the other conservative (?) sites.

I was banned from Free Republic years ago. Posted at some rough and tumble sites, most that haven't survived. I've lurked here for years.

One word of caution; you start trying to 'pinpoint' or attack another poster in here, you just may find some of the 'Indians' circling your wagon!  :whistle:  Peace.

Attack? Give me an example of an "attack".

Facts.   ...hmm...  ok.  As a matter of 'fact' please give me one (just one) example of what Trump has done that would indicate that he would do as he says on any important issue; illegal immigration, Obamacare, economy, ISIS, 2nd amendment, etc.

He employs thousands of people and runs a multi-million dollar empire. He's successful. He's driven and deals with people and problems. He gets things done, unlike the aimless, leaderless GOP.

Conducting oneself in a presidential manner is no guaranty that that person will be successful as a CEO.

I am anti-Trump

And just because you are, I haven't hurled insults at you, have I?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2016, 10:01:56 pm »
"He employs thousands of people and runs a multi-million dollar empire. He's successful. He's driven and deals with people and problems."

So what? How does that prove that he will actually do as he has stated on any issue? We are a Republic, not a business.  He's not hiring anyone -- we are hiring him!  As much as you try to use his 'business skills' or lack thereof in some cases, as justification as to what he would do as president ... there is nothing concrete. He has no track record...I know that is what appeals to most ... I however don't see him ready or fit to be Commander in Chief.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2016, 10:07:30 pm »

I'm also confident that Trump will present a comprehensive plan to make America great again in due time. I hope the other candidates do likewise.

And I am equally confident that he will not because that would require him to disavow most of what he's promised to do so far, which a narcissist like him will almost certainly never do, and because his past history and views are standard Rockefeller Republican, which is to say, liberal.  Belief in miracles is not a good basis on which to make political decisions. 

Somebodys confidence is misplaced.

A-Lert

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2016, 10:25:28 pm »
"He employs thousands of people and runs a multi-million dollar empire. He's successful. He's driven and deals with people and problems."

So what? How does that prove that he will actually do as he has stated on any issue? We are a Republic, not a business.  He's not hiring anyone -- we are hiring him!  As much as you try to use his 'business skills' or lack thereof in some cases, as justification as to what he would do as president ... there is nothing concrete. He has no track record...I know that is what appeals to most ... I however don't see him ready or fit to be Commander in Chief.

How would he acquire a track record in government?

No where does it state one of the requirements for becoming POTUS one must be a lawyer or a politician

So tell me what candidate has accomplished more? Attorneys are a dime a dozen. I have friends and relatives who are attorneys (Isn't Obama an attorney?) and I wouldn't vote for any of them if they were running. Politicians are a dime a dozen also and about as respected. What makes you believe another attorney or politician is going to change the status quo in the district of criminals.

The POTUS appoints/hires  advisors, department heads and staff.

How does what any candidate says mean that is what they'll do?  GOPpoliticians have a long history of saying something and doing nothing.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2016, 10:38:23 pm »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2016, 11:04:02 pm »
The GOP has betrayed us. They have deceived, broken promises, been ineffective and lied to us. Trump isn't a golden tongued politician. He actually employs thousands of people and has accomplished  much in the real world. Trump may be crude, boisterous and rough around the edges. There have been politicians like that previously who have governed successfully. He's energetic and driven. If elected, I'm confident that in his desire and drive to be successful he will surround himself with the best, most competent advisors and department heads.

This should be a lesson for the GOP. Whether they will learn from it, I have my doubts.

Thank you for that. I hope your confidence is proved valid as things unfold. In which case, I would be proved wrong. Of course, he still has a lot of work to do.
John Steinbeck

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2016, 12:02:22 am »
The GOP has betrayed us. They have deceived, broken promises, been ineffective and lied to us.
That may be the one thing about which every last Republican in this forum agrees. (Not that the Democratic
Party hasn't deceived, broken promises, or lied to us.)

Trump isn't a golden tongued politician.
That's kind of like saying Attila the Hun had a problem playing with the neighbours. But with apologies to the late and
occasionally amusing Ann Richards, poor Trump. He can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth. ;)

He actually employs thousands of people and has accomplished  much in the real world.
Donald Trump Is A Mediocre Businessman, And His Record Proves It. (Independent Journal)
Trump, Lies, and Bankruptcy (National Review)
Donald Trump's Record of Business Failures and Bluster (PJMedia)
A Trip Down Donald Trump's Bankruptcy Memory Lane (Forbes)
Like Trump's business skill? Look at Taj Mahal case (Philly.com)
Donald Trump’s Florida Business Failure: Tampa Condo Tower Example Of Controversial Deals (International Business Times)
Exposing How Donald Trump Really Made His Fortune: Inheritance from Dad and the Government's Protection Mostly Did the Trick (Alternet)

I'm just a little skeptical. Well, maybe more than a little.

Trump may be crude, boisterous and rough around the edges. There have been politicians like that previously who have governed successfully.
If all The Donald was was merely crude, boisterous, and rough around the edges, it'd be an improvement.

But I will give you this, in terms of a vulgarian as a front-running presidential candidate, it probably shouldn't be
that severe a shock, even if his level of vulgarian might be a new low:

Considering the sordid images, coarse language, and obscene public behaviors saturating our culture, why are we surprised at someone like Trump, who comes from the glitzy world of casinos and reality television, where he has mastered the techniques for leveraging celebrity into social and now political capital? Once we twice elected a blank-slate, smooth-talking huckster like Obama based not on demonstrable achievement and abilities, but on wish-fulfilling fantasies and duplicitous rhetoric, why wouldn’t someone like Trump arise in his wake? If, as some critics are saying, Trump is the Republicans’ “Frankenstein’s monster,” isn’t Obama just as much the Democrats’ creature?

There are many valid reasons to distrust Donald Trump or fear his presidency, but harrumphing over his vulgarity and coarseness or “demeaning” of the presidency is preposterous. A coarse and vulgar culture will create a coarse and vulgar candidate

---Bruce Thornton, Front Page Mag

He's energetic and driven. If elected, I'm confident that in his desire and drive to be successful he will surround himself with the best, most competent advisors and department heads.
Energy and drive can be found in many people, just as it can be said of many people that their energy and drive were
deployed toward foolish ends. That aside, I'm not exactly convinced that The Donald's record in business overall offers
up any such suggestion of any such surrounding.

1) You'd have thought such comprehensive plans were at least in basic formulation with a few critical details worked
out by this point in the campaign. 2) I couldn't care less about making America "great" again; I do care about
making America free again. Something none of the presidential candidates on either side seem much
bothered to think about.

I doubt the GOP will learn much of anything from this. It would be simple business to say that if we must bear the like
of Donald Trump as the Republican front runner, it's mostly because the Republican Party allowed itself to become a
party of big government in its own wrong. An allowance that began well enough before the era of His Excellency Al-
Hashish Field Marshmallow Dr. Barack Obama Dada, COD, RIP, LSMFT, Would-Have-Been Life President of the Republic
Formerly Known as the United States. One that began in the most recent known period in which the Republicans controlled
the White House and both houses of Congress not very long ago.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.