Author Topic: Trump: There will be riots if I’m denied nomination  (Read 3816 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump: There will be riots if I’m denied nomination
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 04:28:30 pm »
You mean the guy who only has a plurality should just be given the nomination without seeing if the others can persuade enough delegates to support them? And this because of threats of violence?  Talk about changing the rules and resorting to liberal tactics.

I understand what you are saying and you do make a very valid point. However, the rules that were already in place when Cruz who was first to announce his candidacy should be adhered to.  For the RNC/GOOPe to change the rules now, after the fact is dead WRONG!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline raml

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2016, 04:38:07 pm »
If Trump has the most delegates by a wide margin he should be the nominee if not all hell will break out and the republican party will not exist anymore. I am darn sick of republicans that thwart the will of the people who the heck do they think they are.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2016, 04:41:07 pm »
If Trump has the most delegates by a wide margin he should be the nominee if not all hell will break out and the republican party will not exist anymore. I am darn sick of republicans that thwart the will of the people who the heck do they think they are.

37% of the vote is not "the will of the people," and that is what Trump is averaging in his primary wins.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2016, 06:43:44 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztDSYFfalss

The guy is a right wing version of Hugo Chavez.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 06:52:46 pm »
As If Election 2016 couldn't get any more bizarre.     
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline flowers

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2016, 06:56:04 pm »
He is right the Democracy Spring soros yutes types would dance in the streets...riot get more free stuff to celebrate.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2016, 07:31:47 pm »
You mean the guy who only has a plurality should just be given the nomination without seeing if the others can persuade enough delegates to support them? And this because of threats of violence?  Talk about changing the rules and resorting to liberal tactics.

No. But stick to the ones on stage at the convention. Don't go helicoptering in some bleep last second, and don't go changing the rules mid race.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2016, 08:43:29 pm »
He doesn't seem to have a very high opinion of his supporters if he believes they'd behave lawlessly and, basically, like the Soros/BLM crowd.

He has never had a high opinion of his supporters, but they don't seem to care.

He thinks they're dimwitted followers who don't care if he kills somebody, and who will riot in the streets.

I might want to keep my support of him under wraps around other people if I were so inclined........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2016, 08:45:02 pm »
Thank you Sink. I keep seeing the "will of the people" and the Trump "tsunami"..... but that does not match his actual number of votes. It is the will of 36% of the people who voted in Republican party primary (including many who just voted in the party primary without even registering to be a Republican).

The second half of your statement is critical.  A number of his so-called Republican supporters are Democrats who crossed over to help Hillary.

He doesn't have a mandate at this point, no matter what.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2016, 08:49:12 pm »
So the tsunami is more like a wading pool?  :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2016, 10:53:38 pm »
[size=2.625rem]Trump: There will be riots if I’m denied nomination

[/size]onald Trump warned Wednesday that “riots” would break out if the GOP tries to deny him the Republican Party’s nomination.[size=2.625rem]

[/size]“I think we’ll win before getting to the convention. And if we’re 20 votes short or if we’re 100 short and we’re at 1,100 and somebody else is at 500 or 400 … I don’t think you can say that we don’t get it automatically,” he told CNN.http://nypost.com/2016/03/16/trump-there-will-be-riots-if-im-denied-nomination/  okay buddy NOW you've  gotten ME angry!!! [size=2.625rem][/color][/size]
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2016, 12:07:07 am »
37% of the vote is not "the will of the people," and that is what Trump is averaging in his primary wins.

March 24-26, 2012 CNN GOP Primary Polling
Romney 36 %

March 4th Yougov poll GOP Primary
Donald Trump 53%

Trump is WELL ahead of the curve previous nominees have attained, and to pretend he is not the presumptive nominee is just plain putting your head in the sand. He may not be your first or second choice, but if he's not ahead of Hillary Clinton on your voting priority list than you are clearly a liberal. Which makes anyone wonder why you are here going after Mr. Trump. So we can argue the "will of the people" all day long, but if past is prologue...and it generally is...Trump is the nominee. He clearly has work to do in bringing the party together, but faux Republicans on here proclaiming they'll vote Hillary  over the GOP nominee are...well...most likely Dems just seeking to disrupt the GOP primary process. As Republicans, we literally have two choices...unite behind the nominee (and only Trump and Cruz have a mathematical path) and likely beat Hillary, or fail to unite and continue demeaning our own, and lose. Its that stark, and as I think most Repubs are intelligent I've little doubt we will all eventually pull together.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2016, 12:14:12 am »
Romney 36 %

Donald Trump 53%

Trump is WELL ahead of the curve previous nominees have attained, and to pretend he is not the presumptive nominee is just plain putting your head in the sand. He may not be your first or second choice, but if he's not ahead of Hillary Clinton on your voting priority list than you are clearly a liberal. Which makes anyone wonder why you are here going after Mr. Trump. So we can argue the "will of the people" all day long, but if past is prologue...and it generally is...Trump is the nominee. He clearly has work to do in bringing the party together, but faux Republicans on here proclaiming they'll vote Hillary  over the GOP nominee are...well...most likely Dems just seeking to disrupt the GOP primary process. As Republicans, we literally have two choices...unite behind the nominee (and only Trump and Cruz have a mathematical path) and likely beat Hillary, or fail to unite and continue demeaning our own, and lose. Its that stark, and as I think most Repubs are intelligent I've little doubt we will all eventually pull together.

Don't give me polls.

37% is the actual average percentage of the GOP vote in all of Trump's primary wins.

That YouGov poll is worthless:

Respondents were selected from YouGov’s opt-in Internet
panel using sample matching.

Opt-in polls are not scientific.  They are self-selective and are as credible as a Drudge online poll.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2016, 12:24:51 am »
Don't give me polls.

37% is the actual average percentage of the GOP vote in all of Trump's primary wins.

That YouGov poll is worthless:

Respondents were selected from YouGov’s opt-in Internet
panel using sample matching.

Opt-in polls are not scientific.  They are self-selective and are as credible as a Drudge online poll.

Convenient. Plus you neglected to note that Romney was polling at......36%. Further, you seem to set aside the inconvenient fact that Trump's support is MUCH greater than that of any other candidate. Only Cruz has a rational argument for continuing to compete...and nobody has the ethical right to roll into a convention and seek the nomination vs someone who has accrued MORE delegates from actual voters. Its really that simple.

And the point of the polling is that nobody ever has a majority of support in early March in GOP primaries...or at a minimum, its incredibly rare in the modern era. Trump is trending ahead of where most leading primary nominees are at this point...another convenient fact you seem to set aside. Perhaps you should start looking at what is, and not just what you want to be. The first does require some maturity.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2016, 12:29:42 am »
Convenient. Plus you neglected to note that Romney was polling at......36%. Further, you seem to set aside the inconvenient fact that Trump's support is MUCH greater than that of any other candidate. Only Cruz has a rational argument for continuing to compete...and nobody has the ethical right to roll into a convention and seek the nomination vs someone who has accrued MORE delegates from actual voters. Its really that simple.

And the point of the polling is that nobody ever has a majority of support in early March in GOP primaries...or at a minimum, its incredibly rare in the modern era. Trump is trending ahead of where most leading primary nominees are at this point...another convenient fact you seem to set aside. Perhaps you should start looking at what is, and not just what you want to be. The first does require some maturity.

Perhaps YOU should look at what is:

Gallup: Trump Highest Unfavorable Rating Ever Recorded -

See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/01/trump-has-highest-unfavorability-ever-recorded#sthash.os1E5GNY.dpuf

Trump loses to Hillary in 18 of 19 polls taken since February 1 by an average of 6 points.  The most recent polls have him losing by 10 points. In other words, he's doing worse in national polling.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:30:27 am by sinkspur »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2016, 12:35:46 am »
I wish they would scrap the whole primary process they have now, and make it far shorter and 100 percent inclusive for the whole country. Here in WA among other states we don't get to vote till well into May long after our favorite candidate has been eliminated by people in Iowa and New Hamshire of all places. 
What they should do is have the East Coast vote, followed by the Mid West, then the Mountain States, then the Pacific Coast & Hawaii. All in 4 weeks, and all but the top 4 eliminated.  then after a 2 month debate and campaing period hold the a final runoff for the 50 plus 1 delagate race, or just go by the popular vote.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2016, 12:59:10 am »
Perhaps YOU should look at what is:

Gallup: Trump Highest Unfavorable Rating Ever Recorded -

See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/01/trump-has-highest-unfavorability-ever-recorded#sthash.os1E5GNY.dpuf

Trump loses to Hillary in 18 of 19 polls taken since February 1 by an average of 6 points. The most recent polls have him losing by 10 points. In other words, he's doing worse in national polling.

As late as May 1980, Reagan trailed Carter by anywhere from 8-25 percent. People were sick of Carter...just as they are sick of Obama, and Hillary is just an extension of the Obama reign. Worse, actually, as she lacks his charisma, political skills and optimistic demeanor. The only thing they share is a belief that government is the solution to every problem, despite their own role in government having been an epic failure.

Further, general election polling in March is utterly meaningless...non-predictive. After the conventions, general election polls start to carry some weight but now they are useless, particularly when those who don't understand polling seek to use them as a dis-qualifier for a party nominee.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 01:00:38 am by Mesaclone »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2016, 01:05:56 am »
As late as May 1980, Reagan trailed Carter by anywhere from 8-25 percent. People were sick of Carter...just as they are sick of Obama, and Hillary is just an extension of the Obama reign. Worse, actually, as she lacks his charisma, political skills and optimistic demeanor. The only thing they share is a belief that government is the solution to every problem, despite their own role in government having been an epic failure.

Further, general election polling in March is utterly meaningless...non-predictive. After the conventions, general election polls start to carry some weight but now they are useless, particularly when those who don't understand polling seek to use them as a dis-qualifier for a party nominee.

I understand polling better than you, since you posted the YouGuv poll as somehow definitive, when it's a self-selecting worthless poll.

Also, Hillary and Trump are known quantities.  There are few Americans who don't know them or have impressions of them.  For Trump to have higher unfavorables than Hillary at this point is  remarkable.

And there will be little opportunity for Trump to change that number.

Comparing Trump to Reagan is risible.  Trump is as far from Ronald Reagan in both philosophy and performance as I am from Pope Francis.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2016, 01:12:43 am »
Romney 36 %

Donald Trump 53%

You know, I was thinking that exact thing today.

After witnessing sinky's umpteenth daily attack on the candidate Trump, after watching Trump delegates rack up in state after state, winning primary after primary, and after seeing the dozens of venues overflowing with tens of thousands of supporters, it suddenly stopped me in my tracks.

Why is he doing this? What does he hope to accomplish except vent his spleen?

I'm hoping that on Trump's Inauguration Day, we don't have a Live Thread with sinkspur and Mikey wildly posting inane graphics and projecting crass insults at Trump and his supporters!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2016, 01:16:04 am »

After witnessing sinky's umpteenth daily attack on the candidate Trump, after watching Trump delegates rack up in state after state, winning primary after primary, and after seeing the dozens of venues overflowing with tens of thousands of supporters, it suddenly stopped me in my tracks.

I'm hoping that on Trump's Inauguration Day, we don't have a Live Thread with sinkspur and Mikey wildly posting inane graphics and projecting crass insults at Trump and his supporters!

What do YOU hope to accomplish by backing an amoral, crass, vulgar, ignorant demagogue who is itching to order the military to commit war crimes? 

I'm trying to stop this sonofabitch. 

By the way, #NeverTrump doesn't end at the primaries.

A-Lert

« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2016, 01:23:28 am »
I wish they would scrap the whole primary process they have now, and make it far shorter and 100 percent inclusive for the whole country. Here in WA among other states we don't get to vote till well into May long after our favorite candidate has been eliminated by people in Iowa and New Hamshire of all places. 
What they should do is have the East Coast vote, followed by the Mid West, then the Mountain States, then the Pacific Coast & Hawaii. All in 4 weeks, and all but the top 4 eliminated.  then after a 2 month debate and campaing period hold the a final runoff for the 50 plus 1 delagate race, or just go by the popular vote.

It's all about $$$$$$$.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2016, 01:25:17 am »
They should just do it all on Super Tuesday. Seems easy enough to me.

A-Lert

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2016, 01:25:25 am »
What do YOU hope to accomplish by backing an amoral, crass, vulgar, ignorant demagogue who is itching to order the military to commit war crimes? 

I'm trying to stop this sonofabitch. 

By the way, #NeverTrump doesn't end at the primaries.

You are indeed the drama queen.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2016, 01:27:23 am »

:boring:

broken record boring.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2016, 01:45:29 am »
mountaineer wrote above:
"Trump is not my first choice, but more GOP infighting at the convention - not to mention the spectre of some loser like Romney being foisted on us - will accomplish nothing except ensuring Obama Part Deux in the White House."

Good post.

Here's a pic back at ya that's kinda on-topic: