Author Topic: BREAKING: Rubio DROPS OUT of 2016 GOP Race!!!  (Read 2346 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
BREAKING: Rubio DROPS OUT of 2016 GOP Race!!!
« on: March 16, 2016, 12:36:38 am »
Oh, Happy Days!!!    :patriot: :patriot:

Trump, Clinton win Florida; Clinton picks up North Carolina; Marco Rubio drops out

Both had huge leads in polls leading up to the Sunshine State primaries. On the Republican side, Trump will take all of Florida's 99 delegates. And the pressure ratcheted up on Florida Sen. Marco Rubio. who announced shortly after polls closed in Florida that he will drop out.

The Florida senator said the country is in the middle of a political tsunami that “we should have seen coming.”

“People are frustrated,” he said, citing the effects of the economic recession of 2008 and the broken immigration system.

Rubio said he tried to bridge the divide in the Republican Party and the country during the past 11 months, but that it’s clear “we will not be on the winning side.”

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/03/15/primaries-results-florida-ohio-illinois-missouri-north-carolina/81824448/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/15/rubio-suspends-gop-presidential-campaign-after-florida-loss.html
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 12:37:36 am by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: BREAKING: Rubio DROPS OUT of 2016 GOP Race!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 12:49:49 am »
I just want to say that Marco Rubio made his speech with class.  Good job and there are lots of Americans with which your words resonate!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 12:52:09 am »
I just want to say that Marco Rubio made his speech with class.  Good job and there are lots of Americans with which your words resonate!

There are also lots of non-Americans in this country with which his words resonate, too!
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

A-Lert

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 12:54:18 am »
Too late. His political career is deeply tarnished.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 12:56:37 am »
There are also lots of non-Americans in this country with which his words resonate, too!

..hmm... might be why he lost!  Just sayin'.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 01:03:49 am »

Yeah that's what I was getting at with that post.  I could have been more direct, but it seems cruel to hit a guy too hard when he's down and his political career is over.  Had he only stuck to what made him a senator instead of doing the bidding of GOProg donors and leadership, he would have been a viable presidential candidate some day.

Since he changed direction in DC, well ...   :seeya:  Marco.  We hardly knew ye! 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 01:04:08 am by Carling »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 01:44:29 am »

If that was the case Trump should be loosing now.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 02:26:46 am »

Beautifully given speech. Even handled with class the one Trump supporter who interrupted his speech. Note to Trump - that is how you handle a speech interruption.  And what kind of low class S.O.B. interrupts a concession speech? Trump sure dose bring out the worse in people. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 02:45:30 am »
Beautifully given speech. Even handled with class the one Trump supporter who interrupted his speech. Note to Trump - that is how you handle a speech interruption.  And what kind of low class S.O.B. interrupts a concession speech? Trump sure dose bring out the worse in people.

An article at FR says the heckler was a Democrat plant - not a Trump supporter. 

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3409764/posts?page=1

BREAKING=> Protester at Marco Rubio Speech Who Posed as TRUMP SUPPORTER Is a DEMOCRAT PLANT
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 03:01:58 am »
Heartbroken here.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 03:04:02 am »
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

=============================

RACIST!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 03:04:40 am »
=============================

RACIST!

:laugh:   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 03:05:28 am »
Too late. His political career is deeply tarnished.

=======================

Megyn Kelly is looking for a new co-host.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 03:14:39 am »

================================

A-Lert

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 03:28:45 am »
ABC News/Wash Post   3/3 - 3/6   864 RV   4.0   Clinton 50     Trump  41   Clinton +9

Got anything from a conservative pollster? 

Polls are only as accurate as the pollsters and the polled. Trump was never supposed to be the frontrunner according to previous polls.

Offline Carling

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2016, 03:31:08 am »
Beautifully given speech. Even handled with class the one Trump supporter who interrupted his speech. Note to Trump - that is how you handle a speech interruption.  And what kind of low class S.O.B. interrupts a concession speech?

It's been known for some time now that wasn't a Trump supporter, and is part of a comedy team trolling all the campaigns.

Trump sure dose bring out the worse in people.

Yes, and I get the pleasure of witnessing it here on a daily basis.   :seeya:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:33:27 am by Carling »

Offline Carling

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 03:40:17 am »
There is video at this link of this same "Trump" protester getting thrown out of a Rubio rally earlier this year.   :silly:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/337074/

Yes, Trump really does bring out the worst in people who despise him.

A-Lert

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 03:40:44 am »

It's been known for some time now that wasn't a Trump supporter, and is part of a comedy team trolling all the campaigns.

Yes, and I get the pleasure of witnessing it here on a daily basis.   :seeya:

In this day and age thinking you can get away with crap like that is really ignorant. The dems are dim.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2016, 03:43:58 am »
Gingrich threw cold water all over the idea of a brokered convention, which Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol has been plotting. If no candidate gets 50 percent of the delegates on the first ballot, then on the second ballot the pledged delegates can become “un-pledged” and support whomever the party bosses tell them to support.

“If Trump gets big numbers in Florida, you’re not going to be able to stop him. You’ll just tear the party apart,” he said.

“If Trump wins Florida by the margin anticipated, then [Sen. Marco] Rubio could stay in just to affect the numbers, but he won’t be a serious candidate anymore,” Gingrich said.

Gingrich is watching Florida closely, but he’s also looking at Ohio, where his former House Budget chairman John Kasich is looking to get a win to keep himself alive going into the convention, amid pressure from Trump and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX).

“If Kasich wins Ohio, he could certainly stay in and be part of a potential negotiating block,” Gingrich said. “But in five Ohio counties, 20 percent of the voters are people who voted in the Democratic primary in the past. That is very, very good for Trump.”

Gingrich threw cold water all over the idea of a brokered convention, which Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol has been plotting. If no candidate gets 50 percent of the delegates on the first ballot, then on the second ballot the pledged delegates can become “un-pledged” and support whomever the party bosses tell them to support.

“It’s childish nonsense,” Gingrich said. “There are two potential presidential nominees. One is named Donald. One is named Ted. The idea that some clever Washington intellectual or power broker — put quote marks around ‘power broker’— can step into an election in which millions have voted and magically change the trajectory of history? It’s goofy. There’s two players standing.”

Gingrich speculated that Trump and Cruz might actually form an alliance, similar to how they did in the early days of the campaign, in order to prevent a brokered convention at the last minute.

“If Trump is at 45 percent does he negotiate with Cruz?”

“They will band together and have 85 percent of the delegates between them,” Gingrich said. “Both of these guys are committed to breaking up the old order.”

“How is somebody who’s never run going to stand up on national television and on social media [as the brokered candidate] and not get run out of town?” Gingrich said, referring to a potential Mitt Romney, who could walk onstage at the convention after a backroom deal.

Gingrich’s statement to this reporter in December that “the country is in rebellion” and that Trump can kick down the doors — which was recently cited by Trump-supporter Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) at the National Press Club — went viral and helped to cement Trump’s position as a formidable Republican candidate ahead of the Iowa caucus.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/15/exclusive-newt-gingrich-if-trump-wins-big-in-florida-they-wont-be-able-to-stop-him/
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:45:10 am by HAPPY2BME »

Offline Carling

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2016, 03:51:08 am »
“If Trump gets big numbers in Florida, you’re not going to be able to stop him. You’ll just tear the party apart,” he said.

Newt hasn't figured out yet that this is exactly what the GOProgs want?

I'm not sure the GOProgs have thought this scorched earth tactic far enough ahead to realize they will also lose the Senate, too, and HRC can and will appoint an extremely far left anti-Constitution liberal to fill Justice Scalia's spot and the Dems will confirm after nuking a filibuster.  Or maybe they have figured this out and just don't care about the direction of the country as long as their DC Gravy Train is untouched by an outsider like Trump.

Either seems plausible, and maybe even both are accurate.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:52:30 am by Carling »

A-Lert

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2016, 04:02:16 am »
Rasmussen Reports   2/29 - 3/1   1000 LV   3.0  Clinton   41   Trump   36   Clinton +5

That was 2 weeks ago?

Bill Cipher

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2016, 04:10:05 am »
That was 2 weeks ago?

That appears to be the most recent Rassmussen poll.  It's better than using data that are 6 months old, as I seem to recall a certain member did recently.

A-Lert

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2016, 04:14:03 am »
That appears to be the most recent Rassmussen poll.  It's better than using data that are 6 months old, as I seem to recall a certain member did recently.

There was no date on the article at the link from which I posted. But you already know that. The end! :seeya:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2016, 04:16:11 am »
There was no date on the article at the link from which I posted. But you already know that. The end! :seeya:

Then maybe you should have thought about that before you posted, hmmm?  Wouldn't that have been the smarter thing to do?