Author Topic: Ben Carson Wishes He’d Endorsed Someone Else, Says Trump Offered Him Admin Post  (Read 2239 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
So Carson has come out and said his endorsement was bought. Hmmmm...

On Monday, he told Newsmax’s Steve Malzberg that (and I’m not kidding) he really wishes things had worked out differently, and he’d been able to endorse a different candidate. Malzberg asked Carson how he could endorse Trump after all the nasty things he’d said about Carson, and Carson chalked it up to “the politics of personal destruction,” then added the kicker:

...Seconds later, Carson casually and drowsily dropped some pretty big news: Trump has offered him a position in the Trump administration:

http://www.mediaite.com/election-2016/ben-carson-wishes-hed-endorsed-someone-else-says-trump-offered-him-admin-post/

Offline ABX

Then there is this:

Offline sinkspur

Carson's a political naif.  Stupid, in other words.

He's a grifter who, like Christie, is dying to remain relevant. 

Ben will apparently crawl into any gutter to remain so.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Unless there is actual audio, nothing will come of it.  :shrug:

Of course, I'm waiting for the waves of denunciation of Dr. Carson for this statement.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

Unless there is actual audio, nothing will come of it.  :shrug:

Of course, I'm waiting for the waves of denunciation of Dr. Carson for this statement.

Video at the link.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Ah, sorry. I meant audio of the actual position being offered by Trump for the endorsement. My bad!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

Flashback From February:

In Irving, Ben Carson says he has been offered money, political support to drop out

...Some “special interests” have even made personal appeals to him, he said.

“I’ve got unanswered calls on my phone right now, ‘Oh, if you did this or did this, and did this, or if you drop out and support this guy, we’ll give you all this money and we’ll make sure you’re a senator here,’” Carson said. “What a bunch of crap. This is about saving our nation. This is not about horse-trading and making deals.”

Carson told a reporter afterward that he wasn’t going to say who called him, but said his reaction is those people can “go jump in a lake.”....

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/2016/02/in-irving-ben-carson-says-he-has-been-offered-money-political-support-to-drop-out.html/

Offline libertybele

This only proves 2 things; Trump is used to buying or suing to get what he wants and any way you cut it Carson is a liar.  Ok, so, he's bought Bondi, Carson and Christie ... any bets on Palin and Falwell?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GAJohnnie

More shameless lying. Actual quote that is being lied about here.

DR. BEN CARSON: I do believe, and certainly in my discussions with Donald Trump, he does love America and he does want to be successful. And, he will surround himself with very good people.

NEWSMAX’S STEVE MALZBERG: And will one of them be Dr. Ben Carson?

Carson: I will be doing things as well, yeah.

Malzberg: In the administration.

Carson: Certainly in an advisory capacity

Malzberg: That’s been determined? You’ve, when you sat down with him that was discussed?

Carson: Yes.

Offline NavyCanDo

Trump is turning into everything the Trump supporters hate about the "establishment" and then some.    Crony capitalism and  smokey backroom deals.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline GAJohnnie

Since when did habitual lying become a "Principled Conservative" value?

Odd how the "Right" use to fight the Lefts use of these smear tactics but now wants to adopt them.

Offline ABX

Trump is turning into everything the Trump supporters hate about the "establishment" and then some.    Crony capitalism and  smokey backroom deals.

I still am promising that 'told you so' tattoo one of these days.

Offline ABX

More shameless lying. Actual quote that is being lied about here......

Using the "Citizens for Trump" activism talking point to everything unfavorable, just call it a lie and repeat and over hoping someone will believe it is true?

Offline ABX

Since when did habitual lying become a "Principled Conservative" value?

Odd how the "Right" use to fight the Lefts use of these smear tactics but now wants to adopt them.

When did parroting 'Citizen for Trump' activism talking points over and over calling everything unfavorable a 'lie' as much as possible a Conservative value? Sounds more like establishment styled rightthink to me.
Yes, know about that site and their 'online activism' instructions.

Offline GAJohnnie

Really sad how willing some people in the "conservative" media are to sacrifice their  credibility during an election year.

Really foolish. Elections end, reputations goes on and on and on

Offline musiclady

Actually, Trump has always BEEN everything Trump supporters hate about the establishment.

I don't know how they ignore who the guy is and believe his populists, politician's lies........   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Using the "Citizens for Trump" activism talking point to everything unfavorable, just call it a lie and repeat and over hoping someone will believe it is true?

That site explains a lot about Johnny OneNote's spamming habit.....

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
More shameless lying. Actual quote that is being lied about here.

DR. BEN CARSON: I do believe, and certainly in my discussions with Donald Trump, he does love America and he does want to be successful. And, he will surround himself with very good people.

NEWSMAX’S STEVE MALZBERG: And will one of them be Dr. Ben Carson?

Carson: I will be doing things as well, yeah.

Malzberg: In the administration.

Carson: Certainly in an advisory capacity

Malzberg: That’s been determined? You’ve, when you sat down with him that was discussed?

Carson: Yes.

Thanks for the quote GAJ - hardly means what the headline is screaming.

But, you might as well as not posted it at all - it will be ignored and the original misleading premise will be expounded upon and on and on......

And admin post and an advisory capacity are different things.

And - I would speculate that at one time Carson would have been happy to endorse Cruz...........

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GAJohnnie

Really been eye opening year. Use to just assume the "Conservative" media was honest and I did not have to fact check them. Then I would hear or read something by Trump and  then see how the "Conservative" media reported it and was shocked to discover they are every bit as much shameless liars as the "Drive by Media".

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I will trade you one Johnny OneNote for one sinkspur 100+ posts per day Gatling gun.

Fair enough ??

It has been jokingly suggested that a few may get SO wrapped up in this, that they wear diapers so they don't have to leave the keyboard over extended periods, lest they miss something.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

I will trade you one Johnny OneNote for one sinkspur 100+ posts per day Gatling gun.

Fair enough ??

It has been jokingly suggested that a few may get SO wrapped up in this, that they wear diapers so they don't have to leave the keyboard over extended periods, lest they miss something.

Yeah...... but at least Sinkpur THINKS.  Johnnie just regurgitates spam.

I'll take a thinker that I may agree or disagree with over an automaton any day.

NOTHING Johnnie posts has even a modicum of thought in it.  It's quite remarkable, actually, how devoid of intelligent thought they are.

(Read them sometime.  You're a thinker.  You may be amused).

Offline alicewonders

Yeah...... but at least Sinkpur THINKS.  Johnnie just regurgitates spam.

I'll take a thinker that I may agree or disagree with over an automaton any day.

NOTHING Johnnie posts has even a modicum of thought in it.  It's quite remarkable, actually, how devoid of intelligent thought they are.

(Read them sometime.  You're a thinker.  You may be amused).

I disagree.  I like Johnnie's posts and find him to be an incredible thinker - he is a smart guy.  I always appreciate his point of view.

Offline mountaineer

So a thread about Ben Carson turns into criticism of fellow posters.
Deja vu.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

I disagree.  I like Johnnie's posts and find him to be an incredible thinker - he is a smart guy.  I always appreciate his point of view.

What point of view?  He just calls people liars and children if they don't agree with him and spams threads incessantly.

And he does it dozens of times every day.

He's the one who turned this thread from a thread about Carson to an attack on fellow posters.

And he does it ALL the time.

Offline alicewonders

Actually Johnnie was pointing out the shameless lying in regards to the article that was posted - and he used an actual quote to bolster his argument.  I didn't see him attacking any poster here.

The first post I saw that attacked a member here:

:shrug: