Author Topic: Two more staffers resign from Breitbart  (Read 4820 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Two more staffers resign from Breitbart
« on: March 15, 2016, 05:42:05 am »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2016/03/breitbart-staffers-resign-jordan-schachtel-jarrett-stepman-220730

Two more staffers for Breitbart have resigned from the company, citing the website's pro-Donald Trump stance.

National security correspondent Jordan Schachtel and associate editor Jarrett Stepman sent their resignations to management on Monday afternoon.

"The company no longer resembles the ideals that inspired me to start writing for them three years ago. Some of us have been fighting behind the scenes against the party-line Trump propaganda for some time, but without any success, unfortunately," Schachtel said in a statement. "Breitbart News is no longer a journalistic enterprise, but instead, in my opinion, something resembling an unaffiliated media Super PAC for the Trump campaign. I signed my contract to work as a journalist, not as a member of the Donald J. Trump for President media network. As recent events have proven, there is no longer a point in trying to reform the company from within, so I must step aside with my dignity intact. I wish everyone at Breitbart the best, and hope the site can redeem the legacy of its founder under much-needed new management."

Schachtel and Stepman join at least four other Breitbart employees who have resigned in the past week. The resignations stem from Breitbart's response to an incident last Tuesday where Breitbart reporter Michelle Fields says she was aggressively grabbed by Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski. Fields filed a police report over the incident.

Though Breitbart has released statements saying they stood by Fields, the site seemed to waver at first and at one point published an article questioning whether the situation was a case of mistaken identity (the post was updated once video evidence surfaced showing a clearer link between Fields and Lewandowski). Fields said she didn't feel supported by Breitbart and that she was never contacted by Breitbart chairman Stephen Bannon, who, two sources told POLITICO, made disparaging remarks about her on conference calls after the incident (Breitbart denies Bannon made disparaging remarks.)

Stepman said in his statement: "Breitbart News has always been open about being a grassroots, conservative publication, but in my opinion we are working with or perhaps even taking direction from a presidential campaign, which is unacceptable journalistic behavior. I believe Breitbart News is becoming less of a news site and more of a propaganda organization dedicated to the Trump campaign." He added, "Breitbart News has also now openly embraced the 'Nationalist/Populist' viewpoint, which is in direct opposition to limited-government conservatism that channels the philosophy of the Founding Fathers. It is becoming impossible for conservatives like myself to continue working for the organization, which now relentlessly pushes a perspective directly at odds with my fundamental beliefs."

"I believe the integrity of Breitbart News, my own personal integrity, and the legacy of Andrew Breitbart are at stake, which is why I had to resign," he continued.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Two more staffers resign from Breitbart
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 05:48:24 am »
This is sad.  Breitbart has been all out Trump and apparently at the expense of its good employees.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 06:01:08 am »
I wonder how many Trump supporters know that his buddy that runs Trumpbart, Stephen K Bannon, is an ex Goldman Sachs banker?

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 06:03:29 am »
This is sad.  Breitbart has been all out Trump and apparently at the expense of its good employees.

It is very sad.  When you think of the cutting edge media empire that Andrew left us with, being reduced to a joke, it is a staggering loss for conservatism.

I took a couple weeks off from here to collect myself, yet I find I am just as angry as was two weeks ago.  Still I am delighted to say I have read a couple dozen of your posts and I look forward to reading more.  Welcome Chosen Daughter.

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 06:05:58 am »
I wonder how many Trump supporters know that his buddy that runs Trumpbart, Stephen K Bannon, is an ex Goldman Sachs banker?

He doesn't look establishmenty I suppose.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 02:21:23 pm »
He doesn't look establishmenty I suppose.

Hard to tell your average Trumpster and a Bernie support.  They both look like out of work bums.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 02:26:48 pm »
They lost about 20% of their staff yesterday and after the stunt Pollak pulled yesterday morning posting a fake article fraudulently under Ben's father's name, rumor is more are planning to leave today.
They lost one of the most conservative members of the new media, Ben Shapiro and already, many are coming out to stand with him who write for Breitbart. Andrew Kalavan, for example, posted several tweets yesterday supporting Ben and reminding everyone that Andrew warned the Right about Trump before he died.

There also are supposedly going to be some revelations by the staffers who left regarding a pay for positive coverage scandal.
I would follow the twitter feed of Ben and the others who left closely the next few days.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 02:33:17 pm »

And in opposition to Andrew's own positions.

They are allowing their Trump devotion to destroy one of the best conservative sources around.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2016, 02:38:05 pm »

Well if we're using the same standard that's applied to Cruz's wife, this makes Trump Establishment.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ABX

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2016, 02:39:44 pm »
And in opposition to Andrew's own positions.

They are allowing their Trump devotion to destroy one of the best conservative sources around.

Reminder who worked hard to help Cruz when he first ran.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 02:45:58 pm »
Seems the smear bots are being smoked out. Watch the video of the incident. This was a pure smear. Rather then resign, they should of been fired for this scam.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/oh-my-michelle-fields-and-ben-shapiro-resign-from-breitbart-after-her-fudging-story-about-trump-campaign-manager/

Watch the video at the link

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 03:06:54 pm »
Reminder who worked hard to help Cruz when he first ran.

And who stated outright that Trump was not conservative.  I believe the quote was something like this....

"OF COURSE Trump is not conservative.  He supported Nancy Pelosi before he was against her."

(Paraphrase)

Breitbart knew that Cruz was the real deal and Trump a charlatan, and the website IN HIS NAME became Trump cultists.

It's a sad demise of a great organization.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 03:07:14 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline ABX

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 03:12:44 pm »
And who stated outright that Trump was not conservative.  I believe the quote was something like this....

"OF COURSE Trump is not conservative.  He supported Nancy Pelosi before he was against her."

(Paraphrase)

Breitbart knew that Cruz was the real deal and Trump a charlatan, and the website IN HIS NAME became Trump cultists.

It's a sad demise of a great organization.

He strongly opposed Trump. He also couldn't stand populism and pop culture celebrity and that's what made him grow the media empire that it is now- or at least, was before this past week.

He left FR in the early days because of the cult like attitude that started forming around 99 (with the first big exodus of a lot of people who would become famous on the right's new media). He then worked for Huffington post in its early days as the lone Conservative and left giving them the finger when they started becoming single minded populist leftist. He would have joined Ben and company in the walk out  yesterday.

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 03:15:23 pm »
Seems the smear bots are being smoked out. Watch the video of the incident. This was a pure smear. Rather then resign, they should of been fired for this scam.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/oh-my-michelle-fields-and-ben-shapiro-resign-from-breitbart-after-her-fudging-story-about-trump-campaign-manager/

Watch the video at the link

You keep repeating that lie over and over? Does repeating it make it any less a lie?  Do you realize how bad that 3 second loop video that Gateway Pundit is trying to sell is- that shows absolutely nothing it claims? You do realize, that the CSPAN video shows exactly opposite of what GP claims, and it shows it clearly. You do realize that even Cory himself admitted grabbing her, pretty much making GP's claim here moot?

Why do you keep repeating the lie over and over? Copy and paste each time?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 03:18:49 pm »
Why do you keep repeating the lie over and over? Copy and paste each time?

Because that's what he's been told to sell today.

Every day from Johnnie it's the same damned thing. One or two comments spammed onto every thread, over and over and over again.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 03:19:06 pm »
He strongly opposed Trump. He also couldn't stand populism and pop culture celebrity and that's what made him grow the media empire that it is now- or at least, was before this past week.

He left FR in the early days because of the cult like attitude that started forming around 99 (with the first big exodus of a lot of people who would become famous on the right's new media). He then worked for Huffington post in its early days as the lone Conservative and left giving them the finger when they started becoming single minded populist leftist. He would have joined Ben and company in the walk out  yesterday.

I have no doubt of that, knowing that he was an honorable, principled man.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 03:24:53 pm »
Because that's what he's been told to sell today.

Every day from Johnnie it's the same damned thing. One or two comments spammed onto every thread, over and over and over again.

Yep.  That's why I occasionally call him "Johnny OneNote." 

He spams every thread and says the same things over and over and over and over.

Poor Johnny OneNote.......    (Great song, btw.  ^-^ )

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 03:36:09 pm »
I usually find it more amusing than anything - bit like a cat trying to cover up on a tile floor.

Not today though.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 04:00:22 pm »

Breitbart would be spinning in his grave to see how Ted Cruz sold out to globalist monied interests because he wants to be president so badly.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 04:16:45 pm »
Hard to tell your average Trumpster and a Bernie support.  They both look like out of work bums.

Read this resume about Bannon, Harvard MBA, former Naval officer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Bannon

In my view there are various types of "investment bankers." One type is the elected career official like Kasich, who is given a plush high 6 figure salary mid career, for his connections with government.

Then there is a Bannon type, or Romney for that matter, that started at the bottom, learned rapidly, built their own financial success.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 04:18:06 pm »
Breitbart would be spinning in his grave to see how Ted Cruz sold out to globalist monied interests because he wants to be president so badly.

Do you guys go to the random cliche generator (http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/create-your-own-overly-emotional-click-baiting-headline-upworthy-generator-153984), type in "anti-establishment" and out pops some gibberish that you can throw at your opponents? 

I'm just amazed at the garbage adjectives the nationalist-nativist crowd come up with.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 04:26:00 pm »
I usually find it more amusing than anything - bit like a cat trying to cover up on a tile floor.

Not today though.

I understand.  Sometimes the trolling gets to you.  Other time it makes you laugh because it's.... well..... laughable.

(Love the cat imagery, btw.  Describes the desperation to cover up dirt perfectly!)

Offline ABX

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 05:15:36 pm »
Do you guys go to the random cliche generator (http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/create-your-own-overly-emotional-click-baiting-headline-upworthy-generator-153984), type in "anti-establishment" and out pops some gibberish that you can throw at your opponents? 

I'm just amazed at the garbage adjectives the nationalist-nativist crowd come up with.

No. Not speaking for anyone here, but the campaign sponsored grassroots website and forum: "Citizens for Trump". You can get talking points, responses, and even activism assignments. You should check it out. Tim Selaty, Trump's internet guy, and Katrina Pearson put it together. Pretty interesting once you get in. 

The recruiting is funny.

Citizens for Trump is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to work on the ground and online to be a blessing to the Trump campaign in every state.
We have something productive to do for anyone who's passionate about getting Donald Trump elected as our next President. Please click the link and fill out the volunteer form.

http://citizensfortrump.com/get-involved/ We will contact you with 2 business days to review where your talents would be best utilized......

Once you sign up, if you choose online activism for example, you get talking points daily, notes, links of articles to post and post to, a forum to discuss best responses, and more....

...more to come...

Wingnut

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 05:27:43 pm »
Read this resume about Bannon, Harvard MBA, former Naval officer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Bannon

Hey, Okay. I stand corrected.... Then he is an educated slob.  A man should take pride in his appearance not go around looking like a a bum looking for a handout on an Austin TX off ramp.

But then that's just me I guess.

On thing about Trump.  He is a Sonofabitch.  But what is left of his hair is nicely quaffed and he is a well dressed Sonofabitch.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 05:31:24 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 05:32:20 pm »
Quote from: AbaraXas link=topic=198737.msg812713#msg812713 date=1458062136
[/quote

Cool site, @AbaraXas !