Author Topic: Political Graphics II  (Read 815967 times)

BassWrangler

Re: Political Graphics II
« Reply #4125 on: May 30, 2021, 01:38:04 am »

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4126 on: May 30, 2021, 02:04:13 pm »
Coming soon!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

BassWrangler

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4129 on: May 30, 2021, 11:42:14 pm »
@BassWrangler

THAT's funny,I don't care who you are!

It is...enough that it doesn't need that stupid animation.

enough to trigger a seizure. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4130 on: May 31, 2021, 12:51:04 am »

Oh, you see it too?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4131 on: May 31, 2021, 12:55:56 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

BassWrangler

« Reply #4132 on: May 31, 2021, 04:58:36 am »

What animation?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4133 on: May 31, 2021, 08:07:38 am »

@DCPatriot

IMNSHO,whoever created that thing did it PRECISELY to cause some people to have seizures. They should be tracked down and have the snot beaten out of them. That sort of thing is NOT humorous. It is nothing less than evil and should be considered a crime.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4134 on: May 31, 2021, 02:29:54 pm »
What animation?

@BassWrangler

That tweet has a "flicker."  I can see why, the height of the source tweet image was on the edge of needing the scroll bar.  As soon as it draws the bar, it sees the image as small enough to not need the bar and switches back.  It then oscillates between having a scroll bar and not having one.  The only time I've seen that.

I'm running Firefox on a Win10 machine.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4135 on: May 31, 2021, 03:02:43 pm »
@BassWrangler

That tweet has a "flicker."  I can see why, the height of the source tweet image was on the edge of needing the scroll bar.  As soon as it draws the bar, it sees the image as small enough to not need the bar and switches back.  It then oscillates between having a scroll bar and not having one.  The only time I've seen that.

Same same.

I thought it was intended.

BassWrangler

« Reply #4136 on: May 31, 2021, 03:46:28 pm »
@BassWrangler

@Cyber Liberty @DCPatriot
OK, that's nothing to do with the tweet itself. It's some issue with the fixed size scrollable DIV I surround the tweet with so that the page doesn't move around as the browser loads tweets. I don't see it for this tweet,but I have for others.

@Free Vulcan - do you know how to fix the HTML to avoid that? I'm using a DIV tag with height and overflow attributes.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4137 on: May 31, 2021, 03:49:24 pm »

just grab it as an image..apparently the above link is faulty
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 03:50:32 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

BassWrangler

« Reply #4138 on: May 31, 2021, 03:59:00 pm »

just grab it as an image..apparently the above link is faulty

Nothing to do with the link... Please read the thread.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4139 on: May 31, 2021, 04:03:14 pm »
The flickering is irritating and it should be removed....instead of debating how or why it can be replaced with just the image.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

BassWrangler

« Reply #4140 on: May 31, 2021, 04:29:37 pm »
The flickering is irritating and it should be removed....instead of debating how or why it can be replaced with just the image.

But it doesn't show up for everyone, and you can't predict which tweets will have the issue. You're not even aware of all the tweets that do this for some users, which is why I wanted to solve the issue rather than band-aid one tiny instance of the problem.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4141 on: May 31, 2021, 04:51:14 pm »
But it doesn't show up for everyone, and you can't predict which tweets will have the issue. You're not even aware of all the tweets that do this for some users, which is why I wanted to solve the issue rather than band-aid one tiny instance of the problem.

I see what you're driving at.  A band-aid would be a leaky one, because no matter how you tweak the DIV code there will be tweets that do that.   :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4142 on: May 31, 2021, 04:55:45 pm »

You're right..no one has ever brought this to my attention..I thought it was a one time problem..
Support the USO

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4143 on: May 31, 2021, 04:59:09 pm »
You're right..no one has ever brought this to my attention..I thought it was a one time problem..

This was the only time I saw it.   :shrug: :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

BassWrangler

« Reply #4144 on: May 31, 2021, 06:22:37 pm »
This was the only time I saw it.   :shrug: :shrug:

When I added the DIV section, I tweaked the size to minimize it on my browser, but obviously I didn't eliminate the issue altogether.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4145 on: May 31, 2021, 06:39:58 pm »
When I added the DIV section, I tweaked the size to minimize it on my browser, but obviously I didn't eliminate the issue altogether.

I think it's rare enough to back-burner the thing.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4146 on: May 31, 2021, 09:24:26 pm »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4147 on: May 31, 2021, 09:52:23 pm »
@BassWrangler

Same operating system and browser, and I see that 'animation' too. It's annoying, even if unintentional.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4148 on: June 01, 2021, 04:16:06 am »
Jupiter, FL - May 31, 2021

Offline corbe

« Reply #4149 on: June 02, 2021, 03:06:54 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.