Author Topic: Breitbart piece mocking editor who resigned was written under father's pseudonym  (Read 1082 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Also glad some of them mentioning that Drudge pulled the WY results Saturday when they started going very poorly for Trump. I thought that was my imagination that they were there one minute and gone the next.

Wasn't your imagination. I was mainly using the Politico link to update the thread flowers had set up on here, but was cross checking with Drudge. Hit refresh (at about 40% reporting, IIRC) and the page was suddenly 404 not found.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
There is a large number of dissenters voicing their concern in the comments section today at Trumpbart. Many are tying Drudge and Trumpbart together in their one sided coverage of an active Primary.

Also glad some of them mentioning that Drudge pulled the WY results Saturday when they started going very poorly for Trump. I thought that was my imagination that they were there one minute and gone the next.

I noticed the same thing on Super Tuesday, he immediately pulled the individual links on States Cruz started winning. I also notice that he has been pushing more and more fringe smears (like the 'kill gays' pastor he has in bold red right now, still ignoring that the event had several candidates listed to speak there).

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I noticed the same thing on Super Tuesday, he immediately pulled the individual links on States Cruz started winning. I also notice that he has been pushing more and more fringe smears (like the 'kill gays' pastor he has in bold red right now, still ignoring that the event had several candidates listed to speak there).
Remember, Drudge is not the only one that runs that site. He has at least one assistant.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/12/charles-hurt-drudge-report-washington-times_n_861231.html

Also note that Drudge ran interference back in '08, too, hence why Breitbart quit and went out on his own.
http://www.intellectualconservative.com/2012/03/07/matt-drudge-intentionally-ignored-negative-stories-to-help-elect-barack-obama/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
With the loss of 20% of their staff today, and rumors about several more tomorrow (especially after Joel Pollak's stunt today), there is a big call to remove Andrew's name from the site as they have jumped the shark and left their founding principles behind, selling out to one candidate who Andrew warned Conservatives against.

If you understand Andrew's prior history, this makes sense. He left Huffington Post with a finger in the air as soon as they went radical left. Before that, he was one of the first members of Free Republic and got fed up with them quickly, also parting ways.

Ugly split, resignations renew call to remove Andrew Breitbart’s name from website

Within days of the untimely death of Andrew Breitbart at 43, a team of dedicated supporters had launched a redesigned Breitbart.com, determined to carry on the vision of its founder and provide a conservative voice to counter liberal sites like The Huffington Post. The site carried on with the blessing of Breitbart’s widow, but a visible and unsightly crack within the team has opened into a fissure through which several writers have chosen to exit, including editor-at-large Ben Shapiro and Michelle Fields.

http://twitchy.com/2016/03/14/ugly-split-resignations-renew-call-to-remove-andrew-breitbarts-name-from-website/?utm_content=bufferf3b0c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Wingnut

With the loss of 20% of their staff today, and rumors about several more tomorrow (especially after Joel Pollak's stunt today), there is a big call to remove Andrew's name from the site as they have jumped the shark and left their founding principles behind, selling out to one candidate who Andrew warned Conservatives against.

If you understand Andrew's prior history, this makes sense. He left Huffington Post with a finger in the air as soon as they went radical left. Before that, he was one of the first members of Free Republic and got fed up with them quickly, also parting ways.

As far as "Trumpbart" goes the wankers and weasels run the place now.  Trumps kind of people.