Author Topic: Rush: Ted Cruz Is Not the Establishment!  (Read 413 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rush: Ted Cruz Is Not the Establishment!
« on: March 14, 2016, 07:12:16 pm »
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/03/14/ted_cruz_is_not_the_establishment

Ted Cruz Is Not the Establishment!
March 14, 2016

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Michael, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.  Great to have you on the program.  Hi.

CALLER:  Good afternoon, Mr. Limbaugh.  Yesterday I was watching TV, I saw Mr. Cruz come on and basically blame Trump for these protests taking place at the rallies.  To me, I mean, this is a so-called constitutional lawyer here, I mean, I don't know how you see it, but I see it as all of Mr. Trump's First Amendment rights being violated.  The so-called constitutional lawyer should have saw that.  For him to take the side of the, as you know, agitators, anarchists, whatever you want to call them, to me that exposes Mr. Cruz as one of the Republican establishment guys --

RUSH:  No.  No, no, no, no.  Come on.

CALLER:  Come on, Rush.

RUSH:  No, come on.

CALLER:  Come on.

RUSH:  Do not take such a leap.  Of all the crazy things --

CALLER:  I got more evidence if you'd like it.

RUSH:  Michael, do you really, after everything that's gone on, do you think Ted Cruz is a secret member, a secret handshake away from being a member of the establishment?

CALLER:  He's already got the handshake. He's put the check in his pocket with Goldman Sachs.

RUSH:  Oh, come on.  That's Trump drivel that you ought to know is untrue and that's just campaign rhetoric.  Goldman Sachs.  You gotta wise up out there.  You gotta know when Trump's making a joke and trying to rile you up and when he's serious.  He's not serious about that.  He's not serious about the loan business.  He wants you to believe it I guess.  Look, Cruz came out, he acknowledged where these protests coming from.  He acknowledged they're started by leftists.  He knows that this is a Democrat radical way of life.

But I think Cruz and Rubio, they're in a Republican primary.  Their enemy right now, their opponent is Trump.  They'll get down to getting after Hillary or Bernie later on.  Right now they've gotta get past Trump.  Rubio really laid into Trump on this on Saturday morning, to the point that Rubio looked really, really troubled by this.  He was asked, "Are you still gonna vote for the nominee?"  He was really pained with this, because he is of the belief that Trump is coarsening our politics, coarsening the conversation and is not representing the better elements of our nature, what have you.

But Cruz got this right.  I think the initial temptation of, look, there's some things that happen at Trump rallies, I mean, a Trump supporter did cold cock a Black Lives Matter guy.  A 78-year-old Trump supporter in a cowboy hat, his cowboy boots were so pointed this guy could have kicked excrement in the corner with no problem whatsoever. And this guy then turns to the camera (imitating protestor), "This guy shows up next time we're gonna take him out."  Well, I mean, yeah, you're gonna have Republicans speak out against that kind of thing.  It's called trying to gain advantage, but at the end of the day Cruz knows where this all comes from, and he said so.

END TRANSCRIPT
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Rush: Ted Cruz Is Not the Establishment!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 07:18:16 pm »

Offline musiclady

Re: Rush: Ted Cruz Is Not the Establishment!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 07:19:32 pm »
I'm glad Rush scoffed at this silly attack against Cruz, but this is still troubling...

Oh, come on.  That's Trump drivel that you ought to know is untrue and that's just campaign rhetoric.  Goldman Sachs.  You gotta wise up out there.  You gotta know when Trump's making a joke and trying to rile you up and when he's serious.  He's not serious about that.  He's not serious about the loan business.  He wants you to believe it I guess.

It still sounds like Rush is trying to excuse an outright lie on Trump's part.

But the caller should be able to tell that Trump's lie is just a joke?  Clearly the Trump devotee who called has swallowed a lot of Trump lies.

If you don't swallow the lies, you don't support Trump.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 07:20:04 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.