Author Topic: Ted Cruz at KILL THE GAYS rally  (Read 13468 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ted Cruz at KILL THE GAYS rally
« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2016, 12:09:49 am »
I understand your point. But here is the reality. When I became close friends with someone there, who happened to be black, that man took a lot of grief from the brothers because of his friendship with me. That was wrong.

I had similar experiences in the army a few times when on profile and attached to conventional units while healing up. i didn't have have any problems with the blacks,but a few of the diddy-bopper city blacks seemed to have trouble with me,and thought they could scare or dominate me. It didn't take them long to find out that didn't work,and after that they left me alone.

Oddly enough it was the blacks in SF that had the most trouble,and the trouble they had was with fellow blacks in conventional army units was being friends with their white teammates. Lots of them could cop a serious attitude about a brutha being friends with a honkie.  Their mistake. NOBODY is more important than your teammates,and they could have three eyes and a ear on top of their head for all you cared. I was friends with  one black SFC that was a member of the KKK. Said he loved taking  his membership card out and flashing it in the faces of any whites that tried to give him grief. Said it shut them up instantly because they seemed to become so confused they didn't know what to say. He wasn't a light-skinned black,either. Could have passed for a African. Grew up in Philly,and had been hanging around on teams with rural whites for so long he was a huge country music fan.

He,I,and a white SFC were all friends who had served together before and knew each other were standing around in the Chicago airport in our dress greens waiting to get a connection to the next plane taking us to Ft.Lewis,and then on to VN,when a almost stereotypical "nice old white lady" walked up to us and very politely said "Excuse me,are you Green Berets? SF guys back then hated being called hats,and we might have all had a drink or two,so the same black SFC pointed at his beret,and said "No,mam. This is a Green Beret. I'm a bleep." I laughed so hard I may have cried a little,while me and the white SFC were trying to apologize to the old lady and explain to her he was just drunk and  having a little fun,and meant her no harm. Some SF guys had what some people may have called a strange sense of humor. His code name was "Spearchunker".

Maybe because I was from an urban environment – my classmates in high school were black – I never saw friendships between black and white as a problem. I guess I was just trying to understand why things were as they were.

My experience has been the exact opposite. It was always the city black and city whites that I saw having racial problems. Rural blacks and whites all grew up being neighbors to each other for generations,and helping each other was a daily event. They might not have gone to the same schools or churches,but they were friends and neighbors none the less.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2016, 12:14:17 am »
I served during 1970 as co-chair of a study panel for race relations, in the US Army in Germany. I frequently point out positions favorable to Hispanics, and the opposite of racism or bigotry. Did one today. Pointed out mixed marriages in my family. Corrected misconceptions about Hispanics in SoCal.

I agree with aligncare. The daily, hourly accusations that Trump supporters are racists and bigots is totally wrong, and should cease completely and immediately.

I have admitted when I was wrong and that is who I am.  But if you think that I called Trump supporters racists I didn't.  I said Trump makes statements that draw white nationalist and KKK to support him.  That is the truth.  I only posted about what Trump has said.  And I will speak about things that Trump says.  I was actually reflecting to see if I was guilty of the guilt by association.  I made the point that it is Trump himself and has nothing to do with association.  Not of his supporters either.  So if Trump is not going to be "PC" and say whatever he feels then he is opening himself up to being evaluated on his words.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2016, 12:18:49 am »
Are we having this discussion?  It doesn't matter what color.  Anybody can be a racist.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2016, 12:21:35 am »
Things were as they were because blacks are the real racists... not whites...

Absolutely true. I don't think I met a actual white supremacist the whole time I was in the army,but butted heads several times with black supremacists,and every damn one of them was from big northern cities. You could tell by their accents,and if that wasn't enough,most of them would tell you about how "Bad" they were back in Philly,Harlem,Chi-Town,etc,etc,etc as they were trying to intimidate you. I guess they thought that would scare somebody.

Once in VN a friend and I were traveling away from our base camp,and decided to go into Pleiku to get a beer while waiting for the next flight. We weren't from that area and it just so happened the bar we walked into was a "black bar". We didn't give a damn because we weren't looking to marry anybody,all we wanted was a cold beer. Somebody unplugged the jukebox about the time we got to the bar,and the crowd started forming for a black lynch mob. The self-identified Bad Mo-Fo's at the front of the crowd told us to sit our beers down and leave or die,but got REAL quiet when we we started pulling grenades from our bottom shirt pockets,and silenced pistols from under our belts. We sat at the bar and finished our beers without any more problems,and then left. It could have gotten real ugly real quick if they had gotten stupid,though.

I'm just guessing they never tried to pull that crap again the next time white strangers wandered into the bar for a cold beer.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2016, 12:30:20 am »
Blacks can and often are racists, but isn't it racist to ascribe a general characteristic to a group of people based on their race?

I'd say these days it is more of an unfortunate truth. Most blacks these days have been taught the white man is a devil and at fault for anything and everything in their lives that isn't perfect ever since they were old enough to understand the words. Only takes a couple of generations of that happening before it becomes almost universal.

Once again,this is mostly a city thing. You almost never have problems with rural blacks based entirely on you being white.

Or at least that has been my experience.

I personally have never had even one second of racial trouble from big city Mexican Americans. Maybe because I have black eyes and am 1/4 Indian,but whatever the reason,that is absolutely true. VERY friendly people to me. I even lived in a Mexican neighborhood in Denver for a few years,where most of the old women didn't even speak English because they never had to learn. All the stores and the neighborhood movie theater were owned and operated by Mexican Americans,and the movie theater even showed first run movies out of Mexico.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2016, 12:35:25 am »
"I said Trump makes statements that draw white nationalist and KKK to support him."

Maybe, but it is just as likely such people see the Democrats as the party of unfettered immigration, constant appeals to and accusations of racism (yeah, kinda like some on here), and the promotion of black interests over white.

Where else would they go? Hillary?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2016, 12:38:01 am »
"I said Trump makes statements that draw white nationalist and KKK to support him."

Maybe, but it is just as likely such people see the Democrats as the party of unfettered immigration, constant appeals to and accusations of racism (yeah, kinda like some on here), and the promotion of black interests over white.

They usually stay home or vote third party.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Paladin

« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2016, 12:43:50 am »
My experience in the Army was that the blacks segregated themselves. I can recall falling out for meals, for example, and the blacks formed a large group solely of themselves.

And speaking of anecdotal evidence of racism, while in college I was an election monitor during one of those elections where 3% of the students elect the student president, VP, and the like. A black guy approached my table seeking a ballot, and in the most aggressive manner demanded to know which of the candidates were black since, as he loudly proclaimed, he would vote for no other. His obstreperous attitude was so over the top he was more amusing than threatening.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2016, 12:44:31 am »
They usually stay home or vote third party.

Prove that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2016, 12:45:30 am »
And speaking of anecdotal evidence of racism, while in college I was an election monitor during one of those elections where 3% of the students elect the student president, VP, and the like. A black guy approached my table seeking a ballot, and in the most aggressive manner demanded to know which of the candidates were black since, as he loudly proclaimed, he would vote for no other. His obstreperous attitude was so over the top he was more amusing than threatening.

I would have probably told him some guy named "Buckwheat",and to write it in.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2016, 12:47:49 am »

I am so tired of division.  Obama campaigned on being a unifier.  He was going to be a president to the red state and the blue state.  Black and white....blah, blah.................http://www.mymustardseeds.com/the-false-promise-of-unity.html

I see Trump as the same thing only worse.  Yeah I said worse.  Because Trump calls Hispanics rapist and murderers then he goes to Laredo and tells them he is going to bring back jobs from China and Japan and the Hispanics are going to get them.  So he promises "Americans he is going to be the best job creator then he tells Hispanics that they are going to get the jobs".  He isn't a person of substance any more than Obama.

I want all Americans to have good job prospects in the future.  I want every city and suburb to provide good schools for people of all races.  If you are American you are American.  Enough of the race bating.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2016, 12:51:49 am »

Prove that.
You know that with a secret ballot, "proving" who people vote for is impossible.

This is another Trump supporter tactic: demanding his opponents "prove" the unprovable, then turn around and make statements that they expect to be taken at face value without being challenged.

But anyway, consider: voter turnout has been up in the Republican primaries has been way up this year (just run a search on "Republican primary turnout 2016" if you need "proof"). That means people who were previously NOT active Republicans are voting in these primaries—and guess which candidate has the most tenuous relationship with the GOP, the one whose supporters constantly cheer about how he's not part of the party establishment?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2016, 12:57:21 am »
You know that with a secret ballot, "proving" who people vote for is impossible.

This is another Trump supporter tactic: demanding his opponents "prove" the unprovable, then turn around and make statements that they expect to be taken at face value without being challenged.

But anyway, consider: voter turnout has been up in the Republican primaries has been way up this year (just run a search on "Republican primary turnout 2016" if you need "proof"). That means people who were previously NOT active Republicans are voting in these primaries—and guess which candidate has the most tenuous relationship with the GOP, the one whose supporters constantly cheer about how he's not part of the party establishment?

Today he was bragging that Republican Senators were secretly calling him.  http://news.yahoo.com/latest-trump-says-gop-senators-privately-calling-him-121312505--election.html#

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2016, 01:23:09 am »
Today he was bragging that Republican Senators were secretly calling him.  http://news.yahoo.com/latest-trump-says-gop-senators-privately-calling-him-121312505--election.html#

Then I expect at least two talked with him. Do you really think that a whole lot of talking behind the scenes is NOT taking place ??

I think it is.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2016, 01:37:35 am »
Then I expect at least two talked with him. Do you really think that a whole lot of talking behind the scenes is NOT taking place ??

I think it is.

Did you read it?  Donald Trump says Republican senators who are trashing him in public are calling him in private because they want to "become involved" in his presidential campaign, eventually.

Sorry, but I think that is the funniest thing I have heard.  How it comes across to me is Trump making up stuff.  People trashing him and supporting him at the same time because they want to get a piece of the "movement"  LOL!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2016, 01:40:09 am »

Politicians do this all the time. Say one thing in public, do another in private. I thought everyone knew this.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2016, 01:41:08 am »

Ever hear of "off the record" talks with newspaper reporters?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2016, 01:46:19 am »
Did you read it?  Donald Trump says Republican senators who are trashing him in public are calling him in private because they want to "become involved" in his presidential campaign, eventually.

Sorry, but I think that is the funniest thing I have heard.  How it comes across to me is Trump making up stuff.  People trashing him and supporting him at the same time because they want to get a piece of the "movement"  LOL!

I believe him. I am an old guy with business and political experience. Like him or not, he is influencing events, day to day.

The election took a very big advance in his favor yesterday, if you missed it. It is naïve to think otherwise.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2016, 02:30:22 am »
Politicians do this all the time. Say one thing in public, do another in private. I thought everyone knew this.

First of all, thanks for admitting that what Trump is doing is what politicians do.  He is a consummate politician posing as an outsider.

Secondly, with Trump's record of lying all the time about everything, why should anyone believe that he's telling the truth about this?

Some of us didn't just fall off the turnip truck, you know??   ^-^
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2016, 02:34:50 am »
First of all, thanks for admitting that what Trump is doing is what politicians do.  He is a consummate politician posing as an outsider.

Secondly, with Trump's record of lying all the time about everything, why should anyone believe that he's telling the truth about this?

Some of us didn't just fall off the turnip truck, you know??   ^-^
:amen:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2016, 05:18:39 am »
My experience has been the exact opposite. It was always the city black and city whites that I saw having racial problems. Rural blacks and whites all grew up being neighbors to each other for generations,and helping each other was a daily event. They might not have gone to the same schools or churches,but they were friends and neighbors none the less.

That's how it is in my small town. Don't matter what your color is, it's who your family is. If you ain't local you're a little suspect till we get to know you a bit.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2016, 05:20:54 am »

Not really. It's just another poster on here asking you to document a claim you made. What, other than you cannot do it, is wrong with that?

Btw, show me the statements I have made that I expect to be taken at face value without being challenged.