Author Topic: Trump Is Unelectable  (Read 10150 times)

Bill Cipher

Re: Trump Is Unelectable
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2016, 01:34:21 am »
If he has serious electability problems why do you GOPers feel it necessary to insult and denigrate Trump and his supporters. Isn't that a waste of time and resources? Why not provide positive policies and accomplish ments of those you support?

Because right now there is a serious risk that y'all are going to saddle us with this unelectable chump.  And just because you don't like them doesn't make the facts insulting or denigrating.  Finally, once upon a time, and from time to time, we do try to explain why the more adult of the candidates is preferable, but (a) you always shout us down with cries of GOPe and GOProg, and (b) we acknowledge that the others have flaws, which makes it hard to discuss anything with true believers who's founding tenets include the belief in the infallibility of their hero.

Immigration is a complicated issue, with solutions that are not eminently ideologically satisfactory, but any time someone tries to have an adult conversation about it, we get shouted down with cries of "amnesty" "doesn't know what illegal means" and other inanities.  And all you and your hero can come up with are stupefyingly simple solutions that epitomize H.L. Mencken's aphorism that "for every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

Islamic terrorism and the syrian refugee crisis are other problems that are individually complicated and together even more complicated because intertwined.  But again, all you and your hero can come up with are stupefyingly simple, and wrong, solutions.  Not all muslims hate America or Americans, certainly not the vast majority who are themselves Americans; so only a stupefying simpleton would claim that all muslims hate America, or propose as a solution that all muslims be rounded up and registered, like so many dogs with licenses.  And then we get Fishrrman, with his pix of Jews being loaded onto cattle cars by the Nazis, and his exhortation to "do it right this time."  That goes beyond simply being clear, simple, and wrong.  It's also immoral.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:34:57 am by Bill Cipher »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2016, 01:34:30 am »
You compare Trump to Reagan?  You have GOT to be kidding!!

Reagan had spent 30 years thinking about conservatism and its implications.

Trump has changed parties six times in the last 18 years.

No comparison.

I'm not comparing Trump to Reagan, Sink.

Just saying that they said Reagan was unelectable.   Period.

And we all know how that was proven unfounded.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Bill Cipher

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2016, 01:36:35 am »

Bravo, and utterly irrelevant.  That the fears that Reagan was unelectable turned out to be unfounded has absolutely no bearing on whether Trump is unelectable unless one can equate Trump with Reagan.  So, you're either speaking empty trivialities, or you are in fact equating Trump and Reagan, which simply makes you a liar.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2016, 01:42:32 am »

Trump is REALLY not electable. 

Hillary beats him in 18 of 19 polls, the latest two by 10 points.

And his recent actions are doing nothing but making him more unelectable.

He will lose the minority vote, the women's vote. 

And, he will lose Republicans like me.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2016, 01:44:19 am »

Bravo, and utterly irrelevant.  That the fears that Reagan was unelectable turned out to be unfounded has absolutely no bearing on whether Trump is unelectable unless one can equate Trump with Reagan.  So, you're either speaking empty trivialities, or you are in fact equating Trump and Reagan, which simply makes you a liar.

You guys are forgetting that Reagan had won two terms of governor at the time he was running in the GOP primary.

What has Trump ever won? Not even a majority of the GOP primary vote.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2016, 01:45:29 am »
The point is/was....just supply the link if you're going to be too lazy or inconsiderate to the rest of us.    :whistle:

There is no reason to be so obnoxious toward a fellow poster.  Just because you support Donald Trump doesn't mean you have to be a horse's ass like him. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2016, 01:49:19 am »

...liar.

Bill, you and I happen to agree about Trump and his electability.  I fear he is not.  But, DCP is not a liar.  If he is wrong, misguided, or whatever - he is just that.  He is not knowingly or intentionally misleading us. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2016, 01:49:21 am »
If he has serious electability problems why do you GOPers feel it necessary to insult and denigrate Trump and his supporters. Isn't that a waste of time and resources? Why not provide positive policies and accomplish ments of those you support?

:silly:

I haven't seen one of those in months. Positive stories about their guy. It's attack, attack, attack Trump and his stupid, gullible, goose-stepping supporters. That's their MO.

They know Trump is running away with this and they don't stand a chance to stop him. Otherwise, why would they attack Trump 24/7? I rarely attack the other guy. But, I'm always having to defend my guy: the next president of the United States Donald J Trump.

1-800-245-8297. That's the suicide hotline number.

That's 1-800-save-a-life. The life you save may be your own.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2016, 01:54:20 am »

Gotta agree strongly with Lando here.

DCP is not a liar, and you are wrong to call him one.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2016, 01:54:35 am »
Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538  Mar 10

Our guess is that Cruz would be leading Trump in delegates had it been a 1-on-1 race from the start. http://53eig.ht/1TPCPq4

Bill Cipher

« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2016, 01:55:00 am »
Bill, you and I happen to agree about Trump and his electability.  I fear he is not.  But, DCP is not a liar.  If he is wrong, misguided, or whatever - he is just that.  He is not knowingly or intentionally misleading us. 

Really?  Would disingenuous have a sweeter ring to it?  He says he's not comparing Trump to Reagan, then makes a statement that necessarily implies a comparison of the two (in a way favorable to Trump).  Did he not know that, or is he just being disingenuous about it?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2016, 01:55:27 am »

I've had enough of people calling others here liars...sit out for awhile
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2016, 01:56:14 am »

And, he will lose Republicans like me.

He going to lose a lot of Republicans like you, and me.   I'm amazed (and, of course, pleased),  that not one of my Republican work colleagues is supporting Trump.  And this weekend I lobbied my father and nephew hard,  and they're now both singing the same tune as me - this machine kills fascists!   

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:59:10 am by Jazzhead »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2016, 02:00:29 am »
Positive stories about their guy...

ac... you know how I feel.  But, I don't have a guy.  Crazy, isn't it?  And, I have very real concerns about the guy in front.  Ultimately, I don't think he is "the guy".  I can't imagine it.  If I make a comment about issues I have with him, it is just that.  It is the very nature of sucking all the oxygen out of the room, that he becomes the main topic. 

John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2016, 02:00:58 am »
Michael Mayo
‏@heymikemayo

i just got thrown out of the trump rally for crime of filming/tweeting. was given choice of jail/arrest or leaving by pbso/staffer. I left

First, President Trump came for the media, and I was silent
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 02:06:38 am by sinkspur »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2016, 02:10:46 am »
- OR -

You could just stop calling other members "sots' or "liars".

Yes, I opt for that.
John Steinbeck

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2016, 02:11:28 am »
- OR -

You could just stop calling other members "sots' or "liars".

I will believe this was a just banning when A-Lert is temporarily banned for accusing anyone who disagrees with him as eating "shit sandwiches."

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2016, 02:12:16 am »
Dear All! I have also been banned. I am posting this to let you all know that i cannot post.

I BLAME TRUMP!!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2016, 02:13:16 am »
I will believe this was a just banning when A-Lert is temporarily banned for accusing anyone who disagrees with him as eating "**** sandwiches."

Missed that one myself. 
John Steinbeck

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2016, 02:14:10 am »
I will believe this was a just banning when A-Lert is temporarily banned for accusing anyone who disagrees with him as eating "shit sandwiches."

Shit sandwiches? Are they made with Trump steaks?

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2016, 02:15:10 am »
Dear All! I have also been banned. I am posting this to let you all know that i cannot post.

I BLAME TRUMP!!

Yes, but you obviously have access to some North Korean hackers who were able to MacGiver the code here so you could get your desperate message out to the rest of us!
John Steinbeck

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2016, 02:17:39 am »

He going to lose a lot of Republicans like you, and me.   I'm amazed (and, of course, pleased),  that not one of my Republican work colleagues is supporting Trump.  And this weekend I lobbied my father and nephew hard,  and they're now both singing the same tune as me - this machine kills fascists!   

Lots of folks I know.......... good, long time Republicans .............. have had it.

Trump is turning them away from politics.  They find him despicable, and feel like they're in the Twilight Zone that so many people have fallen for his lies.

I don't think we'll know the damage Trump has done to Conservatism for a very, very long time.  But one thing I know.......... it's going to be enormous.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2016, 02:19:01 am »
Missed that one myself.

I didn't.  A-Lert is one of two people I have on constant ignore because nothing he says is of value.  And lots of it is just plain ugly.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2016, 02:26:20 am »
Why? Why?

Why would i be banned? Along with the weird figured guy? I did nothing!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2016, 02:33:55 am »
Lots of folks I know.......... good, long time Republicans .............. have had it.

Trump is turning them away from politics.  They find him despicable, and feel like they're in the Twilight Zone that so many people have fallen for his lies.

I don't think we'll know the damage Trump has done to Conservatism for a very, very long time.  But one thing I know.......... it's going to be enormous.

Don't despair,  ML.   Cruz is looking more Presidential by contrast.   The other candidates are starting to utter what needs to be said - Trump cannot be supported as the nominee.   

Trump wants to make this 1968 again.  Because I just can't believe he does not remember, I curse him for seeking to unbottle the genie of that annus horribilis.