General Category > Health/Education

50K+ Little Fascists Demand University Cancel Trump Event

(1/1)

rangerrebew:
50K+ Little Fascists Demand University Cancel Trump Event

http://downtrend.com/vsaxena/fascists-demand-university

V. Saxena
March 11, 2016

Remember my erudite lecture on liberal fascism from yesterday? Well, it took me less than 24 hours to find a perfect example of it in action:

According to The Daily Caller, about 50,000+ whining little fascists signed a petition this week demanding that the University of Illinois at Chicago cancel a campaign event scheduled this Friday evening for 2016 GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump.

“The platform Donald Trump would announce at the UIC Pavilion is a direct attack on much of the UIC student body — from mass deportation to a ban on muslims to a refusal to denounce the KKK, not to mention regular insults to women,” the petulant petition reads:

If UIC is a ‘minority serving institution’ that comes with specific responsibility. And that doesn’t include serving white supremacists or hosting events that put the student body at risk of altercations with attendees who have a history of violent attacks on people of color at his rallies.

Trump is a danger and so are his events. UIC should not be host to them.

What a bunch of utter nonsense …

What the hell is a “minority serving institution?” The last I checked, public institutions such as UIC must serve students of all races — not just minorities.

Moreover, what in the world does a Donald Trump campaign event have to do with white supremacists? Correct me if I am wrong, but plenty of black people, including former presidential candidate Ben Carson and Charles Evers, the brother of late civil rights activist Medgar Evers, have endorsed the billionaire candidate.

Note also that every instance of violence that has ever occurred at a Trump rally happened after anti-Trump instigators of the “Black Lives Matter” type tried to stir up trouble.

Look, I support the rights of young liberals to make such absurd demands, but the fact that they continue trying to shut down events that offend them makes it clear that Ben Shapiro spoke the truth last November, when he wrote, “Four in 10 young Americans have no idea what America is” — or for what freedoms it is supposed to stand.

Bill Cipher:
Be careful about throwing the label 'fascist' around too readily.  If one reads the actual definition of fascism, one should realize that the label should be a tad uncomfortable for those who support a certain candidate for the GOP nomination.

Carling:

--- Quote ---“The platform Donald Trump would announce at the UIC Pavilion is a direct attack on much of the UIC student body — from mass deportation to a ban on muslims to a refusal to denounce the KKK, not to mention regular insults to women,” the petulant petition reads
--- End quote ---

Did these snot-nosed college liberal special little flowers steal this part of that silly petition from any random TDS thread here at GOPBR?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version