Author Topic: Student Journalist Claims She Accidentally Called Hillary Clinton ‘Monica’ to Her Face — Here’s What She Says Happened Right After  (Read 488 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/13/student-journalist-claims-she-accidentally-called-hillary-clinton-monica-to-her-face-heres-what-she-says-happened-right-after/

Elise Goodvin, now a student at the University of Iowa, recently claimed she made one of the biggest blunders of her young life when she got the chance to meet former Secretary of State and Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in 2015.

Goodvin, who was apparently covering the event for The Little Hawk high school newspaper, said her foot-in-mouth moment was set into motion as she waited in a gaggle of journalists, one of whom was apparently an MSNBC correspondent named “Monica.”

A short time later, she reached out and shook the hand coming towards her, assuming it was Monica.

“It’s nice meeting you, Monica,” Goodvin said.

That’s when she realized it wasn’t Monica — it was Clinton.
Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton answers an audience members question during a Democratic primary town hall sponsored by CNN, Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2016, in Derry, N.H. (AP/John Minchillo)

Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton answers an audience members question during a Democratic primary town hall sponsored by CNN, Wednesday, Feb. 3, 2016, in Derry, N.H. (AP/John Minchillo)

Goodvin explains exactly what happened next:

Right after I looked up to see that it was Secretary Clinton holding my hand, and recollecting that her husbands accused mistress’ name was Monica I instantly went into blabber mode.

“Oh I meant her… not Lewinsky.”

Granted the “not Lewinsky” part was under my breath I didn’t expect her to hear it but instantly her face went from smiling a grand fake smile to an instant “are you kidding me” pissed off face. I think all could have been fine but then I started to nervous giggle, and to hide my giggling I started talking about how much respect I have for her and that it is cool what she’s doing for school. She let go of my hand without saying anything and went up and said something to her head of media and continued down the line.

The head of media came up and told me that Secretary Clinton would no longer be taking any questions from me and it would just be best if I left.

However, she says there’s a moral to her story: “Always look at who you’re shaking hands with, and if you say the wrong name, make sure it’s at least not someone who gave their husband a b******.”

-----

Got a laugh out of this one.
The Republic is lost.